Delivery rider helps himself to water dispenser in Thai restaurant

webfact

14 hours ago, edwinchester said:

He wasn't being denied a drink of water he was asked by KFC not to refill his drinks bottle with CocaCola from their machine from which their customers have to purchase if they want a drink.

and you know this for sure ?

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

and you know this for sure ?

Just going by what was described in the second paragraph in the original post.

"mentioning that even when the staff voiced their disapproval, the rider continued undeterred."

I really hate it when they take a picture of some poor guy doing some petty infraction while the real rich criminals go "unnoticed".

This is how you keep the population of stupid in check 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Just going by what was described in the second paragraph in the original post.

"mentioning that even when the staff voiced their disapproval, the rider continued undeterred."

but you said in your post before  ' not to refill his drinks bottle with CocaCola '

it doesn't say anywhere that he was filling his drink container with Coca Cola. 

and your second paragraph shown above says nothing about him having Coca Cola.

Your just assuming ...     I read the story that indicates he was filling his drink container with water only. 

6 hours ago, Celsius said:

I really hate it when they take a picture of some poor guy doing some petty infraction while the real rich criminals go "unnoticed".

This is how you keep the population of stupid in check 

agree ...  Thais can't mind their own business, they make me sick, real sticky beaks.

Water in Thailand is a scarce resource and should be guarded valiantly

I think the death penalty is warranted in this case.

Many of these soda dispensers also dispense water, often it is not labeled as such because vendors use an available slot that might me labeled for something else from the factory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

but you said in your post before  ' not to refill his drinks bottle with CocaCola '

it doesn't say anywhere that he was filling his drink container with Coca Cola. 

and your second paragraph shown above says nothing about him having Coca Cola.

Your just assuming ...     I read the story that indicates he was filling his drink container with water only. 

The pic in the op shows the delivery rider filling his drink from the CocaCola dispenser.

17 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

The pic in the op shows the delivery rider filling his drink from the CocaCola dispenser.

it shows the driver filling at the Coca Cola dispenser, however if that dispenser is empty and awaiting refill it may only dispense water ....   hence I think he is filling with water ... that's why he's on the end dispenser and not in the next or in the middle where they are not empty.  It says in the article he was getting water, not Coca Cola.

On 2/23/2024 at 3:00 PM, digger70 said:

Did he make a Delivery at the Restaurant? If he Did then so what .

If he didn't than it was a bit Cheeky than they can say something .

Likely he was delivering for them... but anyhow, he has no right to help himself to cold drinks from the dispenser, it seems unclear if it was water or Coca-Cola. It might be an act of kindness if the restaurants supplied something to the riders.

The other story implies these delivery guys often open and go through packages they are asked to deliver, that is a concern.

12 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

How much is it at KFC... given that is the food joint in question ?

Syrup is syrup. Very cheap. That's why they have unlimited top ups.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Likely he was delivering for them... but anyhow, he has no right to help himself to cold drinks from the dispenser, it seems unclear if it was water or Coca-Cola. It might be an act of kindness if the restaurants supplied something to the riders.

The other story implies these delivery guys often open and go through packages they are asked to deliver, that is a concern.

Yea that's really bad , Getting a free drink doesn't compare to that, i would let them have a free drink anytime. I would say You know where they are .they have a Pretty demanding job in this climate.

On 2/23/2024 at 12:57 PM, TheFishman1 said:

Those machines have a little thing on there you press and water dispensers under that same area it may not that he’s taking a soda he may be taking just Water TIT

That's true but it usually takes the form of the small white levered directly beneath the ice dispenser chute

On 2/24/2024 at 9:07 PM, Ralf001 said:

Ehh  ?

I pay taxes in Thailand.... Iam very far removed from being Thai !!

It pays tax, meaning it was referring to a company. Not a person.