Education/schooling for 15 year old

rocky123

I have a daughter 15 year old. She attends the Swang Boriboon school Nun Publam (sorry about the spelling) and is in the ICEP class. Her mom and I are concerned about the standard of education and the level of English Language. Could you please advise us on any school, preferably near the darkside that might further and enhance her future education.  Many thanks for your replies. 

• Like 1

MIS is an excellent school. Cambridge curriculum. Good value for an international school.

Its on the dark side, a little further North from where she is now. It moved there years ago from Naklua where it used to be called Montessori. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocky123 said:

I have a daughter 15 year old. She attends the Swang Boriboon school Nun Publam (sorry about the spelling) and is in the ICEP class. Her mom and I are concerned about the standard of education and the level of English Language. Could you please advise us on any school, preferably near the darkside that might further and enhance her future education.  Many thanks for your replies. 

Regents International School. Not far, not near, but the best

Just because your child is 'half farang' does not make them immune from the fact they might be thick therefore the private school prices are a waste of money, should that be the case.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Just because your child is 'half farang' does not make them immune from the fact they might be thick therefore the private school prices are a waste of money, should that be the case.

Where does it say she is 'half farang'?

Couldn't you afford the international school fees?

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Big move at that age...changing schools.....you might consider extra tuition instead????

it is actually quite common for thai students to change schools, certainly amongst my thai friend's in bangkok and i've not heard any issues from the children or parents. children can be more resilient than you think. incidentally, i went to three primary schools and three secondary schools, and it didn't harm me. 😁

3 hours ago, OnTheLash said:

Where does it say she is 'half farang'?

Couldn't you afford the international school fees?

I don't have kids - horrible things.

Is your kid one of the thick ones i mentioned?

Edited by PJ71
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, OnTheLash said:

MIS is an excellent school. Cambridge curriculum. Good value for an international school.

Its on the dark side, a little further North from where she is now. It moved there years ago from Naklua where it used to be called Montessori. 

Agree, MIS is an excellent school and great value. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

23 hours ago, rocky123 said:

Is your daughter in Mat 3?

The reason I ask is that most Mat 3 have a test at the end of the year for Mat 4 enrollment.  If that is the case, you might want to look at extra classes for Mat 4 prep at night school or on weekends.

In either case, unless you get her accepted into a higher school that has Mat 4, she may still have to do the exam for Mat 4 qualification.

How much is the cost for 17-18 year olds to study at a British or American secondary school in Bangkok?

Three years ago in Bangkok my friend and my Dutch boss (Netherlands) paid €6.800 for his son in Bangkok school for a semester but another of my fiends from Norway in Malaysia Kuala Lumpur he paid €12.500 for his little son age 6-7 years old in private school and his son was at school from 08:00 until 18:00 and he also has breakfast and meals at school.

Edited by Paris333

On 2/23/2024 at 4:15 PM, Gottfrid said:

Regents International School. Not far, not near, but the best

Best of what ? It isn't even the best international school. it is just the most well known.

• Agree 1

My son switched from Swang Boriboon at the end of his M3, we felt he needed a change after attending the same school for many years.  Plus too many little elementary school kids there, we wanted him in a "proper' high school.