The prospect of a second Trump presidency has the intelligence community on edge

Social Media

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I thought exactly the same thing about The Beatles. The salient part is that people buy it and Trump needs to be afraid, very afraid. And he knows it.

I hope he is afraid. And will Swift be remembered in 30 years? I doubt it. The Beatles were absolutely brilliant songwriters. They will still be remembered a hundred years from now. 

11 hours ago, Roo Island said:

Stop spewing misinformation. Trump is dead last in presidential approval ratings.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/116677/presidential-approval-ratings-gallup-historical-statistics-trends.aspx

He was also the 44th worst president in history, according to 100's of historians, and most people. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

When you get a huge marketing machine behind you, it becomes a formulaic production. Enough PR, social media and hype, and the masses are hypnotized into a form of commercial worship. I do not think her phenomenon is due to great talent as a singer, or songwriter. She is no Joni Mitchell. She is a product. And people are buying it. 

You may be right. Trump has very successfully marketed himself as a champion of the disadvantaged. The other example of marketing is Microsoft. People are buying both of those, too.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

No. You came at me lacking any knowledge whatsoever of what my career experience has been. You made false assumptions, which I took as an attempt to make yourself feel better about yourself, so I responded accordingly.

You may hold whatever opinion you want, despite how wrong it is. I am entitled to do the same about you.

Absolutely nobody here really knows anybody else's career experience. Which is why it's sometimes best not to disclose too much. You responded by telling me to go die. Not very humorous, which by the way is what all this here on asean is. Now, laugh a little.

I can see that your old career defined you, was your life and now you have a hard time letting go. I've posted in the past about my experience working for DOD, and in hindsight that was stupid. I was just a single digit GS lackey. In the end........nobody cares.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dolf said:

All Trump haters are the same. Full of themselves, full of hate. No sense of reason.

Right back at ya. Review your posts. See how hatred is there. Typical of those on the far right. Full of hatred and misinformation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Here's a photo for you and your boyfriend Sparky.

Do a reverse image search. There is one other copy, and the guy who has it is unlikely to have ever posted it. I still have the negative, along with hundreds of other negatives.

In case you're confused, that is not my old desk at Langley.

It represent something just slightly more exciting that posting on a Forum 24/7 like you and Sparky with your incredibly full lives, but that's just my opinion.

I take some pleasure knowing I now live rent free in the slum that is your and Sparky's heads. Sorry about you dull and banal existence. Insurance salesman? Big rig driver? Secretary?

Moderators might decide to remove all of this, but that's their choice. It would be a terrible shame if you got banned here as you did on another Thai-based Forum, as your posts just add so much timeless value.

Mujahideen.jpg

Amazing! Would love to chat with you about it over a drink!

59 minutes ago, Dolf said:

All Trump haters are the same. Full of themselves, full of hate. No sense of reason.

Reason? You should try some of that. "It'll be WILD!" (trump's Tweet calling his goobers to DC for 6 January). How about "Go fight like hell" and "You'll never take your country back being weak".

ALL of those were his fragile ego loser attempts to overthrow democracy. THAT is why decent people hate him. Democracy is something we cherish.

I wonder about your hate. I suspect most is self-directed. Heaven forbid you ever lost access to this Forum, as it seems to be pretty much all you have in life, what with tens of thousands of posts in numerous iterations.

This thread is about the intel community's fears for what trump has it mind. It is entirely justified, because trump has no understanding nor appreciation of what US ideals mean. He is 100% self-serving. That you and others cannot see that is astonishing, as he is a transparent as a jellyfish, with an equal strength of backbone.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

You're entitled to disagree with Walker88's political views, but there was nothing in his post which should have triggered suspicions that he was exaggerating his work history. If you are at all familiar with his posting history you would know that he is probably THE most articulate and intelligent poster on this forum. Your failure to recognize and appreciate this is disappointing, and in my opinion reflects poorly on you. All you did was baselessly attack his credibility because you didn't like his political views. Intellectual dishonesty at its worst.

Thank you for posting the truth like you have.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Walker88 said:

Reason? You should try some of that. "It'll be WILD!" (trump's Tweet calling his goobers to DC for 6 January). How about "Go fight like hell" and "You'll never take your country back being weak".

ALL of those were his fragile ego loser attempts to overthrow democracy. THAT is why decent people hate him. Democracy is something we cherish.

I wonder about your hate. I suspect most is self-directed. Heaven forbid you ever lost access to this Forum, as it seems to be pretty much all you have in life, what with tens of thousands of posts in numerous iterations.

This thread is about the intel community's fears for what trump has it mind. It is entirely justified, because trump has no understanding nor appreciation of what US ideals mean. He is 100% self-serving. That you and others cannot see that is astonishing, as he is a transparent as a jellyfish, with an equal strength of backbone.

Most Trumpers are older, not very educated and very racist. They blame their problems on immigrants and the deep state. Rather than taking responsibility for their own situation. They are drawn like moths to a light for information that supports their feelings.

Too much hated from them. Really sad.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Here's a photo for you and your boyfriend Sparky.

Do a reverse image search. There is one other copy, and the guy who has it is unlikely to have ever posted it. I still have the negative, along with hundreds of other negatives.

In case you're confused, that is not my old desk at Langley.

It represent something just slightly more exciting that posting on a Forum 24/7 like you and Sparky with your incredibly full lives, but that's just my opinion.

I take some pleasure knowing I now live rent free in the slum that is your and Sparky's heads. Sorry about you dull and banal existence. Insurance salesman? Big rig driver? Secretary?

Moderators might decide to remove all of this, but that's their choice. It would be a terrible shame if you got banned here as you did on another Thai-based Forum, as your posts just add so much timeless value.

Mujahideen.jpg

I deleted my posting pointing out the last screen name he had before the ban.

5 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

I would never support an assassination of a world leader. A very slippery slope.

Comparing Trump to Biden is like comparing good to evil. Or, old to old and evil.:cheesy:

Putin has been adjudged a war criminal.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Most Trumpers are older, not very educated and very racist. They blame their problems on immigrants and the deep state. Rather than taking responsibility for their own situation. They are drawn like moths to a light for information that supports their feelings.

Perfect perception posting.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

Hey Dolf, my wife spent a career as a US diplomat, ending up in the Senior Foreign Service, where she had daily interactions with ambassadors, officials at the highest levels of the bureaucracy (including intelligence officers), and state and federal elected officials on foreign missions. In your addled imagination, she was in the thick of the deep state, but in reality, she was simply at the upper end of a typical bureaucracy of civil servants trying to do their jobs. Really, that’s all it was.

So you’re getting your information from what, “videos”? Maybe you’re mixing up “deep state” with foreign policy blundering, I have no idea, but really, you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. I do. Reading your fevered posts here, I’d suggest a few weeks away from social media.

If you believe that anyone as low in the food chain as your wife would be in the "deep state" I have a bridge for sale, perhaps 2 or 3.

We, the peasants that exist to make the 1% rich, will never know who they are, but they sure ain't married to people that post on AN.

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you believe that anyone as low in the food chain as your wife would be in the "deep state" I have a bridge for sale, perhaps 2 or 3.

We, the peasants that exist to make the 1% rich, will never know who they are, but they sure ain't married to people that post on AN.

Sad that you then support the parties that protect those billionaires.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Just putting a laugh emoji on that post wasn't enough to convey my opinion of it. Such a superiority complex deserves at least a :coffee1:

If you want to talk about hatred, trying reading some of the posts from your side of the border on AN.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Absolutely nobody here really knows anybody else's career experience. Which is why it's sometimes best not to disclose too much. You responded by telling me to go die. Not very humorous, which by the way is what all this here on asean is. Now, laugh a little.

I can see that your old career defined you, was your life and now you have a hard time letting go. I've posted in the past about my experience working for DOD, and in hindsight that was stupid. I was just a single digit GS lackey. In the end........nobody cares.

When someone posts something about their career on this forum I'm always in mind of the western guy I met in BKK who claimed to be the Dali Llama, before asking me for a donation.

If I wanted to I could easily make up a career as a space entrepreneur with companies sending rockets to the moon.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/27/2024 at 7:35 PM, sirineou said:

Turnbull  has little cause to worry because trump has a snowman's chance in hell of getting elected again.  This is the Primer, during the General election all   Biden has to do is play parts of trump's inarticulate and frankly bizarre speeches. 

You would think but...

He has a solid core of dyed in the wool followers, then those who are voting against Biden, those who are voting against any kind of liberal/leftist agenda, then the culture war voters who think Trump will bring back the 1950s.

I thought as you do the first time he ran but he won of course.

38 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You may be right. Trump has very successfully marketed himself as a champion of the disadvantaged. The other example of marketing is Microsoft. People are buying both of those, too.

You could be correct. In both cases people hate one or other with a passion. I don't hate Trump.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cdemundo said:

You would think but...

He has a solid core of dyed in the wool followers, then those who are voting against Biden, those who are voting against any kind of liberal/leftist agenda, then the culture war voters who think Trump will bring back the 1950s.

I thought as you do the first time he ran but he won of course.

If Trump can survive the Billy tapes, he can, IMO, win against a man with 3 years of proven mental problems. Biden was basically the gray man last time, and no one really knew anything about how he would do as POTUS. The reality is not encouraging.

• Agree 1

On 2/27/2024 at 6:12 PM, Walker88 said:

The job was quite fun, so if any thanks are due it is to the folks who brought me into the field, trained and mentored me.

What most agency officers develop is a real appreciation of what the US is all about (on its best day), as well as a frank awareness of what its errors have been. Part of the latter is why people are so against trump. He is everything that makes the world and any nation's citizens worse off and oppressed.

Three things come to mind:

1) on 21 Jan 2017 trump came to Langley and spoke at length...about how great he thinks he is. He buses in dozens of lackeys from his new WH and gave them the front three rows in the agency's entry hall. After a quick introduction from then ExDir Meroy Park, he stood in front of a wall containing stars memorializing agency folks who died in service...and just spoke of himself, his "massive" crowd size for the Inauguration (a lie), how he had more TIME covers than Tom Brady, and how he was "like...really really smart". It was disgusting.

2) trump sent Jared and Bannon to Langley on Monday 23 Jan 2017 to find out how extensive agency capabilities were and to ask how they can be used against domestic opponents and critics. Both had to be reminded by agency legal staff that the agency cannot go after any US person, and certainly not for political reasons.

3) In December of 2016 trump sent Jared to the Russian Embassy in DC to ask Amb Kislyak how a secret back channel could be set up to trump's paymaster and blackmailer putin, so that FBI or NSA could not pick it up. Kislyak was so excited he used an open phone to call Moscow, which the NSA picked up. There was talk of charging Jared with 'conspiracy to commit espionage', a capital offense and the offense that had gotten the Rosenbergs a date with Sparky at Sing Sing. trump's DoJ obviously decided against pursuing the charges.

That's a long post with many claims against Trump, but, in contravention of the forum rules, not a single shred of proof other than your opinion.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/27/2024 at 7:20 PM, Roo Island said:

9/11? I watched the buildings fall from my condo and lived with the aftermath for months. Horrible how some suggest conspiracy theories.

Apparently some buildings not struck by a plane fell down too. Can you explain them?

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's a long post with many claims against Trump, but, in contravention of the forum rules, not a single shred of proof other than your opinion.

Do long posts annoy you? You admit that it's an opinion and then demand a link? Did someone pee in your weeties this morning?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1