The prospect of a second Trump presidency has the intelligence community on edge

Social Media

9 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Here we go - the pedantic woke 'Professor' type demanding exact definitions of what a word means - with at least 3 accreditations and 4 documented references no doubt. 

But attention to detail is a charateristic of right wingers - call it pedantry if you will - and I am happy to retort in a manner I hope most people will see as rhetorical regarding you choice of the subject - 'words'.

The meaning of words change - it is an automatic condition of the human nature to reassociated the meanings of words - and to create new words. This is pure right wing mentality at its core - the people decide what a word means and if they want to change it and if they want to use a new word - it happens organically. Your left wing mentality demands everything to be defined centrally and controlled, such that what is 'approved' is accepted and is used, and what is not approved is not allowed to be used.  Classic example is the N word - while decades ago that was freely used and not a negative, it became an insult towards black people because of its derogatory use.  Another is 'retarded' which also many decades ago was freely used and not a negative, it became an insult towards disabled people because of its derogatory use.  The best example I can give you is Obama when the owner of an NBA team made some very negative and racist comments towards some of his players, including liberal use of the N word.  The outrage was everywhere (left and right), but the left demanded legislative action and the implementation of laws banning certain words being used in public. Obama responded that he would not undertake such an action because who decides what words are in and which are out. He stated that the people have clearly stated their opinions and the court of public opinion's verdict was guilty and that they will deal with it themslves.  The NBA banned him as a member of their association - he therefore could not own an NBA team and he had to sell the team - he disappeared publicly and was never heard from again - problem solved.

What woke progressive people do is try to impose their values and views on others - as in the NBA case above - such as currently the use of pronouns. Plus they immediately accept the use of whatever words that a minority demand they use to 'appease' their feelings - expecting others to also comply. That is a part of what the woke demand in the way of social and legal changes needed to encourage 'diversity and inclusiveness'.  And that is part of the reason why woke is now an insult - they have gone too far and the people are rejecting it. Ricky Gervais was an outsider many years ago - now he is mainstream.  And it is not just the woke demands on our use of words (as opposed to natural changes) it is how they try to justify their actions and behaviours under their woke banners - a good one being exactly as you said - Social Injustice. Under the term and/or in the name of 'social injustice' the woke demand we all agree whatever they think will fix a problem that they think matters more than anything else in the world (usually a social and/or feeling issue). Woke people sit on the roads blocking traffic and justify that because they are saving the planet - the truth is they are being selkfish narcissitic virtue signallers and we (the majority) have had a gutful of their khrapp and we want the Governmewnt to crack down on them.  But they are woke, so they vote left wing, so left wing Govts turn a blind eye, and they encourage them because that causes a divide, which they can exploit to gains more votes.

That is just a small part of why people are rejecting the woke progressive left wing BS. Your time has come (in 90s) and it is now going away - it is time for us to take over (for a while) and when our lot goes too far we will be thrown out too.  Politics mate - both sides suck in the long run - best to nebver leave any side ion power too long.  When one side takes power they make changes - but they dont stop making changes - when they go too far they get thrown out. The alternative is Kings or Dictators - OK if benevolent awful if not. Me thinks the constant re-balancing achieves the best outome in the long run.

Goog gosh. What a rant. You really need to escape your echo chamber.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/conormurray/2023/06/06/what-does-woke-even-mean-how-a-decades-old-racial-justice-term-became-co-opted-by-politics/?sh=6acf28f5513d

What Does ‘Woke’ Even Mean? How A Decades-Old Racial Justice Term Became Co-Opted By Politics

“Woke” is now best known as a negative political buzzword used to describe anything deemed too liberal or progressive—like brands that support Pride Month, The Little Mermaid live-action film and teaching about race in schools—but the word has a long history, originally meaning to be aware of racially motivated threats.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

So say the woke with cognitive bias. Yes he made the term 'fake news' - and it has become common vernacular - not many politicians have done that.  They are all con men and liars - you juyst cannot see that in the Dems - Biden is one of the most hypocritically corrupt of them all. 

What did Biden do? He hasn't been charged with anything except by some low life members of congress.

2 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Good for you - does not make you right 🙂

I'm 100% right with regards to the politization of the term woke. Now used by the MAGA cult members to bash others.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Goog gosh. What a rant. You really need to escape your echo chamber.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/conormurray/2023/06/06/what-does-woke-even-mean-how-a-decades-old-racial-justice-term-became-co-opted-by-politics/?sh=6acf28f5513d

What Does ‘Woke’ Even Mean? How A Decades-Old Racial Justice Term Became Co-Opted By Politics

“Woke” is now best known as a negative political buzzword used to describe anything deemed too liberal or progressive—like brands that support Pride Month, The Little Mermaid live-action film and teaching about race in schools—but the word has a long history, originally meaning to be aware of racially motivated threats.

The woke progressive mindset is too strong in you - impossible to get through - even with impartial logic and reasoning. You are now quoting left wing media organisations as if they are some form of Oracle of Truth. 

Not aware of who first used the term (unlike Fake News) by 'Go Woke Go Broke' is reality - look around you - look outside that self-appeasing bubble.  Best wishes in the future - I can see no value in us debating further - we can agree to disagree, if you agree.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roo Island said:

This is the problem with MAGA cult members. They don't like the truth.

When you don’t have an intelligent original answer backed by real facts you use the standard blurb.  MAGA Cult

Standard Operating Procedure by imbeciles on the left.

Try to be a little more original.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You simply can't change the defination of woke to suit your agenda. Woke is being alert to racial prejudice and discrimination - social injustice. What you post just confirmed that GOP has hijacked Woke, distorted the orginal intention to  become the clarion call for Republicans. By your interpretation, banning of books is woke. 

I am stating what has happened organically - sure there are always one or a few people that first change a word/s meaning, but whether or not they became mainstream is organic. The term Fake News is now mainstream - the majority use it and/or are aware of its meaning. The term 'woke' is now seen as a negative by the majority of people - especially in USA.  Unless you can provide a credible source from a bi-partisan statistical research organisation undertaken with methods approved by the American Statistical Association, then I stand by my claim that woke is now a negative term - as in Go Woke Go Broke. 

Yes it is used more by right wingers - but the majority know what it now means and are aare of that meaning. And in my experience words never 'go back' to their original meaning - the either stay as the new meaning/s, or they are replaced by another word with the original meaning. It is like fashion mate - even for blokes - hats were in, then out, now back in. Same for beards. Same for words. 

48 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Woke is a term used by politicians and the far right media as another dog whistle for their ridiculous culture wars. Just like snowflake. Libtard. RINO. Simple terms for simple people.

I'm a reformed republican who's now an independent. The GOP has lost the plot.

Get your facts correct!  It’s libertard, not libtard.  Similar to a retard, only dumber.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

The woke progressive mindset is too strong in you - impossible to get through - even with impartial logic and reasoning. You are now quoting left wing media organisations as if they are some form of Oracle of Truth. 

Not aware of who first used the term (unlike Fake News) by 'Go Woke Go Broke' is reality - look around you - look outside that self-appeasing bubble.  Best wishes in the future - I can see no value in us debating further - we can agree to disagree, if you agree.  

Clueless. Impossible to get through to you. I don't agree. I'm neither progressive nor woke nor Democrat nor liberal. You can't stand that because you can't bash!:cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, G_Money said:

When you don’t have an intelligent original answer backed by real facts you use the standard blurb.  MAGA Cult

Standard Operating Procedure by imbeciles on the left.

Try to be a little more original.

Nasty again. SOP for the maga cult.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I am stating what has happened organically - sure there are always one or a few people that first change a word/s meaning, but whether or not they became mainstream is organic. The term Fake News is now mainstream - the majority use it and/or are aware of its meaning. The term 'woke' is now seen as a negative by the majority of people - especially in USA.  Unless you can provide a credible source from a bi-partisan statistical research organisation undertaken with methods approved by the American Statistical Association, then I stand by my claim that woke is now a negative term - as in Go Woke Go Broke. 

Yes it is used more by right wingers - but the majority know what it now means and are aare of that meaning. And in my experience words never 'go back' to their original meaning - the either stay as the new meaning/s, or they are replaced by another word with the original meaning. It is like fashion mate - even for blokes - hats were in, then out, now back in. Same for beards. Same for words. 

Woke is not seen as a negative by the majority of Americans. Back that up with facts, not your opinion. It's been weaponized by a minority of Americans. A small minority in the republican party. And as you know, democrats out number Republicans.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Thanks for the endorsement of Woke being hijacked by the GOP. 

Fake news not really a new mainstream word. Trump popularized the term regardless of the truthfulness of the news, when he used it to describe the negative press coverage of himself. It has come under lots of criticism. The British government decided that it will no longer use the term as it's poorly defined and misleading that conflates a variety of false information from genuine error through to foreign interference in the democratic processes. But this doesn;t stop Trump and his acolytes frequently used the term when confronted with facts and views they don;t like. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Woke is not seen as a negative by the majority of Americans. Back that up with facts, not your opinion. It's been weaponized by a minority of Americans. A small minority in the republican party. And as you know, democrats out number Republicans.

Wrong again.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Nasty again. SOP for the maga cult.

Another offended snowflake.  You just might be the new front runner replacing Hey Bruce as snowflake of the year.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Another offended snowflake.  You just might be the new front runner replacing Hey Bruce as snowflake of the year.

Another grade school term used by the MAGA cult members.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Clueless. Impossible to get through to you. I don't agree. I'm neither progressive nor woke nor Democrat nor liberal. You can't stand that because you can't bash!:cheesy:

. I'm neither progressive nor woke nor Democrat nor liberal”

You may be fooling yourself but not us.  You’re all of the above, and more.

Am I nasty again?

Edited by G_Money
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, G_Money said:

. I'm neither progressive nor woke nor Democrat nor liberal”

You may be fooling yourself but not us.  You’re all of the above, and more.

Am I nasty again?

Clueless.

• Sad 1

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/28/774178719/a-history-of-trumps-broken-ties-to-the-u-s-intelligence-community

A History Of Trump's Broken Ties To The U.S. Intelligence Community

Even while proclaiming an undisputed intelligence and military success, Trump took a moment to needle. Now, Trump's hostility to the intelligence community has been pretty relentless. He's talked about a deep state, about a witch hunt. And that was all before a whistleblower revealed events that led to the impeachment inquiry - a whistleblower who happens to be a U.S. intelligence official.

5 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/03/politics/trump-fires-inspector-general-michael-atkinson/index.html

Trump fires intelligence community watchdog who told Congress about whistleblower complaint that led to impeachment

And you actually believe what comes out of CNN.

But you claim you’re not woke, Democrat or a libertard.

Many unstable people in the world.

Are you actually in Thailand or posting from a basement in a different country?

Edited by G_Money
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Lol! It's you who made a claim, It's you who needs to find a bipartisan research, etc.... 😆

Edited by candide
  • Like 1