Jump to content

Imagine this ! I would buy one


Recommended Posts

Just now, JBChiangRai said:


A good way to look at it is like this, if the motor in the EV is rated at 150 kW, that means that it will draw 150 kW approximately from the battery under full power, if you’re charging at about half or two-thirds of that, then you’re fine.

So that's a yes? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JBChiangRai said:


There’s a pink flamingo living on the moon.

The is no more proof that there is not God, than that there is a God, yet you are certain there is not. Why? 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:


it could be. It may not be. It depends.

So, you are certain there is no God, which no one knows, yet you are uncertain about an easily supported statement that a lot of people know. Interesting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The is no more proof that there is not God, than that there is a God, yet you are certain there is not. Why? 

 

 


Because there are so many that we have invented in our history. Every culture had one or more gods to explain the misunderstood, from storms to menstruation.  There is zero evidence any of them exists. 
 

Is there a one particular god or groups of gods you like to believe exists?

 

I am equally as certain that there is no pink flamingo living on the moon. But I can’t prove a negative.

  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:


Because there are so many that we have invented in our history. Every culture had one or more gods to explain the misunderstood, from storms to menstruation.  There is zero evidence any of them exists. 

There is plenty of evidence both ways, just no proof. One could argue there is more evidence there is a God than that there is not. 

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

Is there a one particular god or groups of gods you like to believe exists?

No

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

I am equally as certain that there is no pink flamingo living on the moon. But I can’t prove a negative.

Unless you think the lunar landings suspect, we know that conditions on the Moon would not support a Pink Flamingo, so it is easily proven there is no Pink Flamingo on the Moon. 

 

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Like it hasn't been posted enough times already.  And many cars take different times, different ranges, accept faster charging.  Charging cables range from 11-22-50-75-125-175kWh.  Depends on the vendor, and how much your car will accept.  

 

I can't speak for other makes/models, but MG ZS info has been spot on, if anything, negative numbers and performance is better than advertised.

 

Most cars will accept 50-75kWh, ours will accept 76kWh.  If researching, go by the WLTP rating, not the NEDC rating for range.  More accurate, and we actually get more than the WLTP  rating, unless on the highway at speed, then a bit less (10%) and only if maintaining 90 kph, which is hard to do in TH.

 

It's like asking, how far will an ICEV go on a tank of full.  At least 2 variables are not the same with every EV.

Complete failure to answer the question, and I fixed the km variable.

 

OK, give me a range of recharge times with a commercial dispenser. Battery depleted by 400km of travel..

 

Everybody knows how far an ICE will go on a full tank. The fuel economy of the vehicle , and the tank capacity - it's simple math.

 

Quoting jargon acronyms such as WLTP and NEDC does nothing to explain recharge times, your answer is as clear as mud.

 

Saying a vehicle is recharged while having a cup of coffee is not an answer either.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

The pink flamingo lives underground, no lunar missions have gone underground, so is there is zero evidence it doesn’t exist.

 

A lot of the gods we have invented have been debunked by evidence.

So, there is no real evidence of anything, right? The moon could be blue cheese and the lunar landings faked. The only thing we can be absolutely certain of, is that there is no God. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Complete failure to answer the question, and I fixed the km variable.

 

OK, give me a range of recharge times with a commercial dispenser. 400km.

 

Everybody knows how far an ICE will go on a full tank. The fuel economy of the vehicle , and the tank capacity - it's simple math.

 

Quoting jargon acronyms such as WLTP and NEDC does nothing to explain recharge times, your answer is as clear as mud.

Get used to that, along with silly emojis. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So, there is no real evidence of anything, right? The moon could be blue cheese and the lunar landings faked. The only thing we can be absolutely certain of, is that there is no God. 

 


You’re getting the hang of it. Welcome to reality, do you wish you’d taken the blue pill,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:


You’re getting the hang of it. Welcome to reality, do you wish you’d taken the blue pill,

And be a leftist? No thanks. 

Edited by Yellowtail
sp
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Complete failure to answer the question, and I fixed the km variable. ... OK, give me a range of recharge times with a commercial dispenser. Battery depleted by 400km of travel..

Everybody knows how far an ICE will go on a full tank. The fuel economy of the vehicle , and the tank capacity - it's simple math.

Quoting jargon acronyms such as WLTP and NEDC does nothing to explain recharge times, your answer is as clear as mud....Saying a vehicle is recharged while having a cup of coffee is not an answer either.

I didn't know every ICEV got the same kms per liter, and all had the same size full tank.  All mine were different.

 

Question was answered.  I can explain it to you, again, but I can't make you understand it.  I'll talk slower, with different info, you might be able to relate to.

 

Don't know why you care about EV, since you can't seem to understand the basic info we provide.  EVs & ICEVs simply use a different energy/fuel source, but still have different variables with different makes & models.  In that aspect, they are the same, no 2 are alike.

 

Same with EV, different kWh per 100 kms, different size batteries, and accept charges at different amounts of kWh per hour, some <50, some >50, >75, >125, >175, some even higher.

 

Pull up the info, of the make & model EV you are interested in, and read the info. 

 

Your question can't be answered, too many variables, same as with ICEVs.   How many liters will a petrol car with 1L / 3cyl car need to go 400 kms, or a 2.8L Fortuner, or a 3L Dual Cab 4X4 diesel pick-up.  Do they all get 20 kms per Liter ?   I think not .... variables.  The Celerio get 20 kpL, so will only need 20L, I'm sure something else gets 10 kpL, so will take twice as long get enough petrol to go 400 kms.

 

Same with EVs  ... it's not rocket science.  Sadly, if you owned an EV, I suspect, you would be one of those folks on the side of the road, getting charged by a service vehicle with a generator.

 

READING COMPREHENSION ... second time explained, I won't explain it again.  GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

I didn't know every ICEV got the same kms per liter, and all had the same size full tank.  All mine were different.

 

Question was answered.  I can explain it to you, again, but I can't make you understand it.  I'll talk slower, with different info, you might be able to relate to.

 

Don't know why you care about EV, since you can't seem to understand the basic info we provide.  EVs & ICEVs simply use a different energy/fuel source, but still have different variables with different makes & models.  In that aspect, they are the same, no 2 are alike.

 

Same with EV, different kWh per 100 kms, different size batteries, and accept charges at different amounts of kWh per hour, some <50, some >50, >75, >125, >175, some even higher.

 

Pull up the info, of the make & model EV you are interested in, and read the info. 

 

Your question can't be answered, too many variables, same as with ICEVs.   How many liters will a petrol car with 1L / 3cyl car need to go 400 kms, or a 2.8L Fortuner, or a 3L Dual Cab 4X4 diesel pick-up.  Do they all get 20 kms per Liter ?   I think not .... variables.  The Celerio get 20 kpL, so will only need 20L, I'm sure something else gets 10 kpL, so will take twice as long get enough petrol to go 400 kms.

 

Same with EVs  ... it's not rocket science.  Sadly, if you owned an EV, I suspect, you would be one of those folks on the side of the road, getting charged by a service vehicle with a generator.

 

READING COMPREHENSION ... second time explained, I won't explain it again.  GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND

According to Google, the minimum time it takes to recharge an EV is 20 minutes. Or up to 8 hours. I guess the 20 minutes is where the cup of coffee comes from.

 

This assumes the two charging stations which seem to be the norm on most highway fuel stations are not already occupied, otherwise an EV owner is SOOL.

 

As I have never run out of fuel for any vehicle in over 60 years of driving, your suspicion would be wrong.

 

I'm familiar with disinformation, non-information is a new one.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

 I guess the 20 minutes is where the cup of coffee comes from.

Don't know where that came from.  Now you're projecting.   Done with trying to explain things to children.  Back to using the ignore list.

 

Keep giving your money to petrol companies, and driving your under performing cars requiring regular maintenance.  Stop complaining about the low level urban air pollution you cause.  IGNORANCE IS BLISS

 

"A closed mind is a dying mind" - Edna Ferber

 

BYE BYE

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Don't know where that came from.  Now you're projecting.   Done with trying to explain things to children.  Back to using the ignore list.

 

Keep giving your money to petrol companies, and driving your under performing cars requiring regular maintenance.  Stop complaining about the low level urban air pollution you cause.  IGNORANCE IS BLISS

 

"A closed mind is a dying mind" - Edna Ferber

 

BYE BYE

My 18 yo Vios has next to no depreciation, has never let me down, and takes me a couple of minutes to fill up.

You danced around my question like Nureyev.

3nuts.png

Edited by Lacessit
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

If you’re happy with your 18 yo Vios, it’s obvious that you’re not concerned about matters such as ride comfort, handling, safety etc. It’s no wonder that you don’t understand why EV owners love their cars. Even a well known YT EV hater (allegedly) that reviews fish and chips shops in the UK loves the way his EV drives and performs.

 

Anti EVers can’t seem (or don’t want) to accept the fact that the supposed downsides such as limited range, recharge times etc are a non issue for most EV owners. Most of our charging is done at home. Like @KhunLA stated, it takes only seconds to start charging. When on the road, it hardly adds any time to my regular stops for a meal or a toilet break for the dogs. I’m yet to have to queue for a CS in Thailand as they are plentiful. Admittedly I haven’t done a long distance trip in my EV during the new year or Songkran period. Unless needing to, why travel during this time? In any case, this happens only once or twice per year.

 

On top of that, those of us with solar at home are charging at zero or close to zero cost. Even without solar, it’s dirt cheap compared to petrol. With TOU, it’s even cheaper than dirt cheap when charging off peak.

 

So what anti Evers sees as disadvantages are in fact advantages to EV owners. Add onto that the extremely pleasant driving experience, the ready power on tap for overtaking, the modern and convenient features etc, I can’t see myself ever owning an ICEV ever again. 

I owned a new Vios 18 yrs ago, and I wouldn't own a new one today, unless that was all I could afford. Bought as a 'throw away car', incase I decided not to remain in TH.   Only invest what you can walk away from thingy, in case needing a quick sale.

 

Silly to own a new one today, and I'd just buy a Neta V, as cheaper and out performs any Vios/Yaris, new or old.

 

I owned old POS when I was a youngin', because that's all I could afford, and they served me well.  I prefer comfort & performance now, especially when on the road, with no worries of the old clunker needing a replacement part while O&A.

 

As long as people are happy with what they have or can afford ... ENJOY

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

If you’re happy with your 18 yo Vios, it’s obvious that you’re not concerned about matters such as ride comfort, handling, safety etc. It’s no wonder that you don’t understand why EV owners love their cars. Even a well known YT EV hater (allegedly) that reviews fish and chips shops in the UK loves the way his EV drives and performs.

 

Anti EVers can’t seem (or don’t want) to accept the fact that the supposed downsides such as limited range, recharge times etc are a non issue for most EV owners. Most of our charging is done at home. Like @KhunLA stated, it takes only seconds to start charging. When on the road, it hardly adds any time to my regular stops for a meal or a toilet break for the dogs. I’m yet to have to queue for a CS in Thailand as they are plentiful. Admittedly I haven’t done a long distance trip in my EV during the new year or Songkran period. Unless needing to, why travel during this time? In any case, this happens only once or twice per year.

 

On top of that, those of us with solar at home are charging at zero or close to zero cost. Even without solar, it’s dirt cheap compared to petrol. With TOU, it’s even cheaper than dirt cheap when charging off peak.

 

So what anti Evers sees as disadvantages are in fact advantages to EV owners. Add onto that the extremely pleasant driving experience, the ready power on tap for overtaking, the modern and convenient features etc, I can’t see myself ever owning an ICEV ever again. 

I am not anti-EV.  Like all technologies, there are advantages and disadvantages, which have been debated ad nauseam.

I am anti EV owners who do BS virtue signalling, or respond with personal abuse when I am seeking facts.

If I was flush with funds, I would seriously consider an EV. At my stage of life, sticking with a reliable older car which is dead easy to service makes better financial sense.

An EV would probably be wasted on me, as I drive defensively.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I am not anti-EV.  Like all technologies, there are advantages and disadvantages, which have been debated ad nauseam.

I am anti EV owners who do BS virtue signalling, or respond with personal abuse when I am seeking facts.

If I was flush with funds, I would seriously consider an EV. At my stage of life, sticking with a reliable older car which is dead easy to service makes better financial sense.

An EV would probably be wasted on me, as I drive defensively.

No. The EV fanatics demand 100% devotion to their doctrine that EVs are completely superior in every way, or you are a narrow minded, technologically challenged anti-EV neanderthal. 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

No. The EV fanatics demand 100% devotion to their doctrine that EVs are completely superior in every way, or you are a narrow minded, technologically challenged anti-EV neanderthal. 

 

 

I like facts to back up opinions.

When someone says their EV has a running cost of 0.3 baht/km against an ICE cost of 4 baht/km, that's a fact, easily checked.

When someone says an ICE is 60 times more likely to catch fire than an EV, another fact.

When someone says an EV fire burns at 2700 C, compared to an ICE fire at 900 C, it's an unpopular fact to EV owners.

I get irritated when people make vague statements such as recharging is a cup of coffee, or most EV owners are recharging from the solar panels of their house. That puts my BS antennae on full extension. Post data, don't waste my time.

 

Science does not care what you believe.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/28/2024 at 10:38 AM, JBChiangRai said:

Neither would take longer than it took you to have a cup of coffee and a toilet break.

Rubbish, I could stick 10 gallon of diesel in my tank before you had even shaken the drips off and zipped up.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

There’s nothing vague about such a statement. When was the last time you had a cup of coffee and some cookies at Amazon? Most times I’ve been there, it takes about 10 minutes to get your coffee. During that time, I usually visit the restroom. So by the time I get my coffee, check some social media stuff etc, that coffee break can easily take 30 minutes. A lot of recharging can be done in that time. Note that most smart EV owners don’t wait to charge up to 100%, unlike that clickbait YT vlogger mentioned above.

 

I don’t recall reading any post that claims most EV owners are recharging from the solar panels of their house. What I do recall reading is that for those owners who have solar, most of their recharging is done this way.

 

The above has nothing to do with science, just facts.

Some of the only BS I read from the anti EV'ers, and yea, you are anti EV'ers, or you wouldn't be so obsessed with replying on every EV thread.

 

Back to the BS ... ICEV owners are implying, they pop into PTT Park, top up, and off they go, in 5-10 minutes.   Talk about BS, as I see a lot of people mulling about, eating, shopping, taking their sweet time before climbing back in that steel box, for another 3+ hours.

 

No matter what time I leave the house, on an O&A, 3+ hrs later when I pull in to charge up, it's meal time.   Whether simple snacks & coffee, or sit down at food court for a couple plates/bowls of grub.

 

Anyone pulling in to a service station, for any reason, isn't leaving in 5-10 minutes.   If there just P, well then, might as well top up.  You're not going to tell me your wife isn't walking by and checking out vendors, and returning back to car with a few bags of munchies.

 

Get a coffee, if fresh made, doesn't take 1 or 2 minutes.  Add a dog, or a kid or 2, and the toilet stop is even longer, before you even use it.  You ain't getting out of there in 5-10 minutes, more like 20.

 

Our routine;

... plug in

... dog priority to P, as gong nuts in the car, and if near noon, that's her time to drop a land mine.

... wife off to the toilet

... return, then I'm off to the toilet

... then browse past the food court, see if anything interesting, before hitting 7-11.  If an Amazon, check out if the blueberry muffins are looking fresh or even available.  Not a  fan of their coffee.

... stroll be the vendors, peeky peeky, before walking past KFC (hmm - Wings Zap or not), if so, I'm setting there and eating, then on to 7-11.

... either got something at the food court, sat & finished there, and or vendors/KFC, and now picking something up from 7-11, at least an instant Hazelnut coffee & at least 1 pastry.

... back to the car, sit, sip (damn that's hot), munch, finish the coffee, as drinking hot coffee & driving, never works for me.  

 

Car is well topped by now, no need to be there any longer.

 

Don't know about y'all ICEV'er, but that takes about 30+ minutes, and I did the same, when O&A in our ICEVs.  So charging the EV, doesn't really add much if anything, to my time at the PTT. 

 

There longer if I open my phone, and may even waste another 20 mins and top up from 95-100%, though rare.  As 30-40 mins is all that's needed, and the car is back to 90-95% already.

 

Not even going to mention, I saved about 1000 baht, charging up vs buying petrol.  That's almost like a free hotel stay tonight, after I spend another 5-15 minutes finding one.  Hmm, might be at 100% after all.

 

No BS, just the facts of life during a relaxing O&A in retirement.  Not different, no matter where I'm at, USA or TH, or what I'd be driving.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Rubbish, I could stick 10 gallon of diesel in my tank before you had even shaken the drips off and zipped up.  


I am sure you could. Taking a pee does take me a little while, one of the problems of being hung. I suspect you have the opposite problem?

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Taking a pee does take me a little while, one of the problems of being hung.

Also indicative of prostate issues, quite common amongst the elderly regardless of how well endowed they consider themselves to be

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.








×
×
  • Create New...