Imagine this ! I would buy one

Just want to leave this here 

Yes I know they are expensive but what a sound .

I know one day we all will have to drive the EV sh7tboxes but some of these ice vehicles sounded so good.

something nobody ever will say about an EV car .

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

I know one day we all will have to drive the EV sh7tboxes but some of these ice vehicles sounded so good.

Strange, to describe an undesirable byproduct of a car as a "feature"

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Wow so to fully charge a ev takes 15 minutes?

That would depend on the EV charging rate and  the power supply of the charging station

Example Neta V

Normal Charge (AC) 0% -100% takes about 8 hours.
● Quick Charge (DC) 30% - 80% takes about 30 minutes*.
*Charging time depends on the remaining battery level and the power supply of the charging station.

https://www.neta.co.th/en/news/brands-pr-news/Neta_ready_to_the_EV_in_Thailand#:~:text=Charging

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Strange, to describe an undesirable byproduct of a car as a "feature"

Ever been to the F1 or a motogp 

Used to love watching the bikes at the tt races.

Not going to be the same with electic bikes .

15 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

That would depend on the EV charging rate and  the power supply of the charging station

Example Neta V

Normal Charge (AC) 0% -100% takes about 8 hours.
● Quick Charge (DC) 30% - 80% takes about 30 minutes*.
*Charging time depends on the remaining battery level and the power supply of the charging station.

https://www.neta.co.th/en/news/brands-pr-news/Neta_ready_to_the_EV_in_Thailand#:~:text=Charging

So a full charge 8 hours 

To be honest I can see it would be fine for using around town but so.eone said you can charge the same time as a quick coffee and a toilet break.

They must have prostate trouble and amazon must be flying over to Vietnam to get the beans when you order

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

So a full charge 8 hours 

To be honest I can see it would be fine for using around town but so.eone said you can charge the same time as a quick coffee and a toilet break.

They must have prostate trouble and amazon must be flying over to Vietnam to get the beans when you order

Normal Charge (AC) 0% -100% takes about 8 hours. that is charging from home

Quick Charge (DC) 30% - 80% takes about 30 minutes*.
*Charging time depends on the remaining battery level and the power supply of the charging station. that would be charging from an commercial outlet such as petrol station

57 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

GR Yaris is built on the old LFA assembly line by the same workers. Just sayin...

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, steve187 said:

what type of car ev or ice would take longer to 'fill up' after a 400km journey away from home.

Exactly. I expect khunLA has  super fast solar charging stations positioned every 300km across Thailand all padlocked up with a little air con room and a camp bed in itt.

Edited by kwak250
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

First away gets slammed by the truck jumping the lights.

Only if you are stupid enough to do it with insufficient visibility and certain the approach roads are clear.

EV’s will undoubtedly change incrementally for the next 40 years, I won’t be alive by then

16 minutes ago, parallelman said:

The ICE has probably reached its peak as far as technology goes. However, I feel that the EV will gradually evolve into something that will make the present EV something of a museum piece. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

Plenty of ICE cars left for dead by me at the traffic lights, they sure as hell looked peeved

They probably were unaware you were trying
Somchai in his 1997 Dmax isnt really left for dead

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I would have to spring for the extra 48k and get a NETA V, and kind of like them, although haven't sat in one, but specs & dimension would win me over any entry level ICEV in TH.  Only familiar with Vios (now Varis) or Mazda 2, and wouldn't think of buying one again.

Celerio 

image.png.fa77d5a70e09a8415ecd8dad9544fe92.png

NETA V if still discounted

image.png

This right here is why i would not buy a EV car

Would prefer a 10 year old honda jazz

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Imagine also. In order for this new invention to work, the fuel (excluding all the work that goes into extraction and refining) would need to be pumped into huge ocean going tankers to be shipped all around the world. Any accident on the high seas could cause oil spills and ecological disasters. Then, it would need to be loaded onto road going tankers and delivered to the thousands of petrol stations around the country. Talk about wear and tear on the poor roads (a 2 ton electric SUV does not come close in weight to these oil tankers. Imagine if one of these have an accident and explodes). All these vehicular traffic just adds to extra congestion on the roads as well as noise and air pollution.

The ev SUV will have more chance of killing pedestrians, especially in cities around the world. 

Pathetic comparison you raise about this type of transport.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

They vary between 6 and 30 minutes

That can be much longer if you have to charge while travelling and have to queue for charging.

It is an infrastructure problem of mains power availability at the charging stations, a problem we

saw in Germany and Austria during last years winter sports holiday.

Customer had to wait 1-2 hours before getting access to a charging post which sometimes were 

of limited number due to not enough mains power in the area.

It will take many years before we have the infrastructure for a guaranteed  quick charge of EV's on the road

so an EV owner has to plan forward and take responsibility for his own charging.

Best way in my opinion to do that today is to buy a hybrid if you are travelling long distances.

Will the problem be gone in 5-10 years time? I doubt it, infrastructure will surely have improved

but will it ever be able to cope with a growing fleet of EV's?

Edited by lom
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, lom said:

That can be much longer if you have to charge while travelling and have to queue for charging.

It is an infrastructure problem of mains power availability at the charging stations, a problem we

saw in Germany and Austria during last years winter sports holiday.

Customer had to wait 1-2 hours before getting access to a charging post which sometimes were 

of limited number due to not enough mains power in the area.

It will take many years before we have the infrastructure for a guaranteed  quick charge of EV's on the road

so an EV owner has to plan forward and take responsibility for his own charging.

Best way in my opinion to do that today is to buy a hybrid if you are travelling long distances.

Will the problem be gone in 5-10 years time? I doubt it, infrastructure will surely have improved

but will it ever be able to cope with a growing fleet of EV's?

What you describe is currently a non-issue in Thailand.

We have abundant chargers and relatively few EV’s.

Unfortunately, you could well be right in future years, let’s hope not.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, kwak250 said:

They probably were unaware you were trying
Somchai in his 1997 Dmax isnt really left for dead

Dmax destroys tesla.

Edited by DavisH
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

OK but it is horses for courses. If all one needs is a car for local transport then a Celerio is adequate. Agreed you don't look like a celebrity getting out of one but I have reached a level of maturity where that doesn't matter to me. 

My local Suzuki dealer has moved to the next city so that may matter to SWMBO but I doubt it would. As for hills, the Celerio doesn't have to pull all those batteries uphill our pets are like dogs but smaller. I think the base model is around 399,000 at last look with top-of-the-line about 425,000. 

There again some people chose to do without a car altogether. 

I paid 315,000 for my MT celerio in 2023. 22 to 23 km per litre and it's a lot of fun to drive.  Weighs 785 kg.

If you don't like cars buy a BYD.  Bing bong, bing bong, bing bong.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, kwak250 said:

So a full charge 8 hours 

If you want to debate intelligently, you really should educate yourself a bit more. First of all, learn the difference between AC and DC charging. Most EVs can charge up to 80% in 30 mins or less; time enough for a coffee and toilet break.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/28/2024 at 11:08 AM, Henryford said:

And it wouldn't kill thousands of young children mining cobalt by hand in Africa.

Yes, the cobalt used in obtaining petrol and diesel is immoral. Good thing that LFP batteries don’t contain cobalt.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Comparing the time to plug in with time to refuel? Let's try this: 2 cars, one ev and the other ice, both have a 350 km range. Driving from Bangkok to Chiang mai, both starting with full tank\battery.

At the 350 km mark both have to refuel\recharge. Now go compare the time needed.

If adding an extra 30 minutes or so to your journey is a deal breaker, don’t buy an EV. Problem solved.

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, itsari said:

The ev SUV will have more chance of killing pedestrians, especially in cities around the world. 

Pathetic comparison you raise about this type of transport.

If a pedestrian is so stupid as to step out in front on an oncoming vehicle, the it might actually be for the betterment of humanity. In any case, I reckon the somchai in his diesel pickup truck kills more pedestrians than EVs.

Any part of my earlier post that was incorrect?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1