Karma: Thai man killed by Buddha statue during temple rampage

webfact

"The monk, Best, confessed to the police that he took Yaba with his friend Ek and agreed to leave the monkhood for his misconduct."

Good choice

"Best explained that Ek took the drug and attacked him in the morning by hitting his arm with a fluorescent tube." Really? It's hard not to break those, the glass is so thin.

Reinforces the name of the drug: 'drug crazy' in translation. Even among Best of friends

• Like 2

22 hours ago, webfact said:

According to residents, Ek was under the influence of methamphetamine, also known as Yaba. He and Best were friends, and Ek stayed with Best at the temple for a few days before the incident took place

All sounds a bit suss  to me

22 hours ago, webfact said:

A Thai man, who attacked a monk at a temple in Chon Buri province, later died after the sharp head of a Buddha statue pierced his chest during a rampage in the temple’s main hall

Did Best the monk junky, leave very quickly?

23 hours ago, webfact said:

He locked all the doors and windows and destroyed Buddha statues inside the hall.

Don't they have spare keys? why would it be lockable from the inside? Did Best have a key?

6 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

All sounds a bit suss  to me

Did Best the monk junky, leave very quickly?

Don't they have spare keys? why would it be lockable from the inside? Did Best have a key?

As usual Brian, you have struck deep to the heart of the issue, asking all of the burning questions and homing in with a laser focus on the very crux of the matter.

Well done

Edited by n00dle
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

As usual Brian, you have struck deep to the heart of the issue, asking all of the burning questions and homing in with a laser focus on the very crux of the matter.

Well done

It seems to be in my Genes my dad worked in fleet street as an office runner, and had no qualms in asking personate questions to anybody through out his life. He would have made a good investigative reporter, but then the war came along after he worked in a book factory. 

• Confused 2

A vulgar post and other troll comments and replies have been removed:

8. You will not post vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

10. You will not post troll messages. Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing forum members by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other members into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/29/2024 at 7:16 PM, steven100 said:

in my day they didn't condemn alcoholics,  but they certainly condemned drug addicts.

No need for drugs or alcohol just kill people when you get upset.

Mass Shooting at Northeastern-style Concert in Ubon Ratchathani Leaves Four People Dead, Many Injured - The Pattaya News