Scientists Are Freaking Out About Ocean Temperatures

Social Media

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Just because you failed Science doesn't mean the planet isn't warming.

You DO realize that the planet is warming. You don't know why, though. Which makes you unqualified for this conversation. Why should anyone listen to you if you can't explain why the planet is warming?

Please... anyone who has a different opinion than mine is not qualified for this conversation... what are you a democrat?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Just because you failed Science doesn't mean the planet isn't warming.

You DO realize that the planet is warming. You don't know why, though. Which makes you unqualified for this conversation. Why should anyone listen to you if you can't explain why the planet is warming?

I'm beginning to wonder if you can actually read or if you are in fact a real person, and not an argument bot.

You must have missed all my posts of which there were many, in which I said the planet is warming.

You don't know why the planet is warming either, as all you do is regurgitate talking points from the climate alarmism industry, and you have no solutions either as you have never, that I have seen, offered any.

Which makes you unqualified for this conversation. Why should anyone listen to you if you can't offer any solutions.

Bye

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Please provide a link to the natural forces warming the planet.

Oops, sorry, you can't.

OOPS SORRY... Some amount of climate change can be attributed to natural phenomena. Over the course of Earth’s existence, volcanic eruptions, fluctuations in solar radiation, tectonic shifts, and even small changes in our orbit have all had observable effects on planetary warming and cooling patterns. What Causes Climate Change? Human and Natural Causes (nrdc.org)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Please... anyone who has a different opinion than mine is not qualified for this conversation... what are you a democrat?

If anyone is going to express their opinion on science, it would help if they hadn't flunked Science.

Here is the key point: human produced carbon dioxide is warming the atmosphere.

True or false?

5 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

OOPS SORRY... Some amount of climate change can be attributed to natural phenomena. Over the course of Earth’s existence, volcanic eruptions, fluctuations in solar radiation, tectonic shifts, and even small changes in our orbit have all had observable effects on planetary warming and cooling patterns. What Causes Climate Change? Human and Natural Causes (nrdc.org)

From your link:

But climate records are able to show that today’s global warming—particularly what has occured since the start of the industrial revolution—is happening much, much faster than ever before. 

• Like 1

If anyone is going to express their opinion on science, it would help if they hadn't flunked Science.

True or false?

Irrelevant how it's caused. What's relevant is what is going to be done about it, but you have nothing to say about that.

• Agree 1

From your link:

But climate records are able to show that today’s global warming—particularly what has occured since the start of the industrial revolution—is happening much, much faster than ever before. 

So what? If it's a problem, what is the solution?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You don't know why the planet is warming either

The planet is warming becauae human produced carbon dioxide is warming the atmosphere, via something called the "greenhouse effect".

This was predicted back in the 1980s, and has come to pass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

True or false?

If anyone is going to express their opinion on the topic it would help if they hadn't flunked reading comprehension.

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Irrelevant how it's caused. What's relevant is what is going to be done about it, but you have nothing to say about that.

Until the problem is recognized, its not easy to fix it.

One of the tactics of Deniers is to try to steer the conversation into mitigation tactics, and then declare that warming is natural, so no mitigation is neccesary. It's an old tired trick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/1/2024 at 7:56 AM, Danderman123 said:

Sea levels *are* rising, despite your opinion.

Feel free  to show me where I said they arent rising, I said they arent  going underwater and  later someone posted  a  link to that, the one I couldnt be arsed to post and herein lies the problem when anyone contends anything, words into mouth.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Feel free  to show me where I said they arent rising, I said they arent  going underwater and  later someone posted  a  link to that, the one I couldnt be arsed to post and herein lies the problem when anyone contends anything, words into mouth.

I am thrilled you agree that sea levels are rising.

Basic common sense indicates that rising sea levels will flood low lying islands. The question is when.

• Haha 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

I am thrilled you agree that sea levels are rising.

Basic common sense indicates that rising sea levels will flood low lying islands. The question is when.

Nonsense  again, read up on   the specific  islands I mentioned  although Tuvalu is  another global warming alarmist lie, they pumped out so much groundwater creating their own problems, then theres  coral growth  to contend with.

Basic  common sense..............guffaw

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Nonsense  again, read up on   the specific  islands I mentioned  although Tuvalu is  another global warming alarmist lie, they pumped out so much groundwater creating their own problems, then theres  coral growth  to contend with.

Basic  common sense..............guffaw

so, you admit that sea levels are rising, but you can't understand that eventually, low lying islands will be flooded?

A reasonable response would be to question what "eventually" means in this context. But, a flat rejection of the concept that rising sea levels will flood low lying areas someday is just weird.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Until the problem is recognized, its not easy to fix it.

One of the tactics of Deniers is to try to steer the conversation into mitigation tactics, and then declare that warming is natural, so no mitigation is neccesary. It's an old tired trick.

Didn't you already say that the problem is too much CO2? So fix that.

One of the tactics of climate alarmists is to try to steer the conversation away from mitigation tactics, and then declare that warming is only caused by human activity so taxes are the solution. It's an old tired trick.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Didn't you already say that the problem is too much CO2? So fix that.

One of the tactics of climate alarmists is to try to steer the conversation away from mitigation tactics, and then declare that warming is only caused by human activity so taxes are the solution. It's an old tired trick.

There is no way to truly "fix" the excess CO2 problem when so many people don't believe that there is an excess CO2 problem.

It's obvious that you are longing for a detour about mitigation strategies. Please start your own topic about that. This topic is about the ramifications of human produced carbon dioxide.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

so, you admit that sea levels are rising, but you can't understand that eventually, low lying islands will be flooded?

A reasonable response would be to question what "eventually" means in this context. But, a flat rejection of the concept that rising sea levels will flood low lying areas someday is just weird.

I'll start to become (very) mildly concerned when the Obama's and other elites start selling up their beachfront properties (at a loss) and move inland.  For now I will see it as it is, an opportunity for the rich and powerful to make money from the gullible and appear virtuous whilst doing it.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, James105 said:

I'll start to become (very) mildly concerned when the Obama's and other elites start selling up their beachfront properties (at a loss) and move inland.  For now I will see it as it is, an opportunity for the rich and powerful to make money from the gullible and appear virtuous whilst doing it.

The planet is warming, regardless of what some famous people do.

Do you disagree?

• Haha 1

Let me do the Deniers a favor and post some of the more common stupid comments:

The current warming is caused by natural forces, but I don't know what those forces are, and I flunked Science, so I don't believe the scientific explanation.

I don't believe the Science because some famous person bought a house near the ocean.

The Sun is causing the current warming, despite reduced solar output lately.

The warming is caused by a natural cycle, despite the reality that we are in the cooling phase of a natural cycle.

Warming isn't real, because some old scientist in an unrelated field said, 30 years ago, that there wouldn't be any warming.

What you don't hear anymore:

The warming isn't real, they just moved weather stations to warmer areas.

https://www.drroyspencer.com/

UAH_LT_1979_thru_February_2024_v6_20x9.jpg

Edited by Danderman123
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

There is no way to truly "fix" the excess CO2 problem when so many people don't believe that there is an excess CO2 problem.

It's obvious that you are longing for a detour about mitigation strategies. Please start your own topic about that. This topic is about the ramifications of human produced carbon dioxide.

You really are hilarious.

You completely made up what the thread is about and thought you would get away with it.

To be precise the thread is about scientists freaking out and ocean temperatures, not about human produced carbon dioxide.

Scientists Are Freaking Out About Ocean Temperatures

On 3/1/2024 at 5:50 PM, Skipalongcassidy said:

Are you qualified to tell us WHY the planet is warming?

47 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It is warming, but you can't prove that we caused it.

Sure I can:

Humans have produced so much carbon dioxide that atmospheric concentrations have increased from 280 ppm to 420+ ppm over the last 100 years.

Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas that traps heat in the lower atmosphere.

Therefore, human produced carbon dioxide is warming the atmosphere (and oceans).

Easy peasy.

• Haha 1

Just now, James105 said:

Interesting graph.  So if climate change is allegedly "man made" (as climate alarmists believe), what specifically did "man" do in 1981, 1985, 1989, 1992, 1999 and 2008 to make the planet cooler?  Did we shut the factories down?  Did everyone stop using their cars for a year?  Did people take a year off from holidays and using planes?  Did farmers stop farming?  I don't recall any year long blackouts or planet-wide starvation events so presumably not. It's almost as though humans have no actual impact on the climate and it is controlled by that giant ball of gas so unimaginably huge that 1.3 million planets the size of earth can fit inside it.   

The Sun has an enormous impact on global climate. Increases in solar activity have produced significant warming.

However, we are in a period of decreased solar activity. Also, there are other natural forces that are promoting a cooling trend. I would describe them to you, but maybe you can remember them from Science class.

As for why warming isn't in the form of a straight increase year after year, the question demonstrates a basic lack of understanding of the difference between climate and weather. And then there are short term inputs like volcanos that cool the planet for a short time.

I am becoming convinced that you Deniers simply failed Science and are trying to convince everyone that your teacher was wrong, not you.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, James105 said:

Interesting graph.  So if climate change is allegedly "man made" (as climate alarmists believe), what specifically did "man" do in 1981, 1985, 1989, 1992, 1999 and 2008 to make the planet cooler?  Did we shut the factories down?  Did everyone stop using their cars for a year?  Did people take a year off from holidays and using planes?  Did farmers stop farming?  I don't recall any year long blackouts or planet-wide starvation events so presumably not. It's almost as though humans have no actual impact on the climate and it is controlled by that giant ball of gas so unimaginably huge that 1.3 million planets the size of earth can fit inside it.   

So, do you have evidence that solar activity dropped during the years you listed above?

• Haha 1