Scientists Are Freaking Out About Ocean Temperatures

Social Media

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Indeed. Some places will become easier to live in, some will be harder.

The climate has been changing for millions of years and will continue to change for the next million years. Buying an electric car won't change that. Humans will adapt, and elites will use it to scare the proles into handing over more money in "green taxes"

Someone else who apparently doesn't understand the concept of rates.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Not only about the $$$$.

Ever wonder why it's always the left banging on about it?

Ever wonder why politicians financed by oil companies ignore the changing climate?

2000+_year_global_temperature_including_Medieval_Warm_Period_and_Little_Ice_Age_-_Ed_Hawkins.svg.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Someone else who apparently doesn't understand the concept of rates.

Tax rates?

I also suspect the socilaist movement will use their science to try to extract more green taxes from the successful in order to create their utopia where the elites fly around on private jets and the proles give up their 2 weeks in the sun. On that we can agree.

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And when people migrate from the places made uninhabitable to the places that are made easier to live you’ll be ranting against migrants 

Good to see you agree that global warming will make certain places easier to live. Easier for certain species to survive. Easier for certain crops to grow. 

Human technology to allow us to adapt will undoubtedly be faster than the rate of climate change. I thought you "progessives" welcomed change?

May I remind you that climate related deaths are falling dramatically, mainly due to technology? And I'm not talking about creating Lithium batteries from African child labour.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Good to see you agree that global warming will make certain places easier to live. Easier for certain species to survive. Easier for certain crops to grow. 

Human technology to allow us to adapt will undoubtedly be faster than the rate of climate change. I thought you "progessives" welcomed change?

May I remind you that climate related deaths are falling dramatically, mainly due to technology? And I'm not talking about creating Lithium batteries from African child labour.  

Do you have a link to the fall in climate related deaths?

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Tax rates?

I also suspect the socilaist movement will use their science to try to extract more green taxes from the successful in order to create their utopia where the elites fly around on private jets and the proles give up their 2 weeks in the sun. On that we can agree.

Yet, the planet is still warming, and you have no clue why.

You are correct, in the sense that the rich will escape the consequences of the warming. I think you know that. But, the only way to stop the warming is for there to be public recognition of the cause of the warming.

20 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

In the US, incandescent light bulbs were banned. That helped a lot in reducing pollution.

LOL. The other ones cost way more. IMO it was a way to get richer, not to save the planet. 55555555555.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Yet, the planet is still warming, and you have no clue why.

You are correct, in the sense that the rich will escape the consequences of the warming. I think you know that. But, the only way to stop the warming is for there to be public recognition of the cause of the warming.

LOL. The only way to stop the warming is to actually do something about it. So far zilch, zero , nada, nothing. I do not consider imposing taxes or carbon credits ( which are IMO a gigantic scam ) to be "doing something".

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. The other ones cost way more. IMO it was a way to get richer, not to save the planet. 55555555555.

Are you feeling okay? The old incandescent bulbs were wildly expensive to operate, and had to be frequently changed.

Meanwhile:

Spain on a clean power roll as wind output swells

Spain's electricity system hit a new clean milestone in 2023 as electricity generated from wind exceeded electricity output from fossil fuel sources for the first time.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. The only way to stop the warming is to actually do something about it. So far zilch, zero , nada, nothing. I do not consider imposing taxes or carbon credits ( which are IMO a gigantic scam ) to be "doing something".

The warming can't be stopped as long as the oil industry finances trolls to influence the public. 

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Are you feeling okay?

Spain on a clean power roll as wind output swells

Spain's electricity system hit a new clean milestone in 2023 as electricity generated from wind exceeded electricity output from fossil fuel sources for the first time.

It doesn't say that they stopped using fossil fueled sources, or that every vehicle runs on hot air generated by wind farm enthusiasts.

I gave that post a laugh emoji.

It doesn't say that they stopped using fossil fueled sources, or that every vehicle runs on hot air generated by wind farm enthusiasts.

I gave that post a laugh emoji.

It's another step in the right direction.

It's pretty obvious that changes for the worse in the climate will provoke more such advances in clean energy. 

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The warming can't be stopped as long as the oil industry finances trolls to influence the public. 

Without fossil fueled engines you'd be a peasant working for a Lord of the Manor, and never able to go further from your village than you could walk or go faster than a horse could gallop. Have some gratitude that you live in an age of fossil fueled engines.

• Confused 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

It's another step in the right direction.

It's pretty obvious that changes for the worse in the climate will provoke more such advances in clean energy. 

I'm all for reducing pollution and building more public transport, but I have zero belief that anything we do now will change the climate. It's simply too late to do so.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Without fossil fueled engines you'd be a peasant working for a Lord of the Manor, and never able to go further from your village than you could walk or go faster than a horse could gallop. Have some gratitude that you live in an age of fossil fueled engines.

What does that have to do with climate change? Cars don't need gratitude.

Or are you suggesting that we should feel gratitude to the oil companies that are polluting our atmosphere?

Edited by Danderman123

9 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Ever wonder why politicians financed by oil companies ignore the changing climate?

2000+_year_global_temperature_including_Medieval_Warm_Period_and_Little_Ice_Age_-_Ed_Hawkins.svg.png

No. I'm sure it's because they know there is nothing that can be done about it, so why bother. However, I do wish they'd stop using single hulled tankers and stop polluting 3rd word countries.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm all for reducing pollution and building more public transport, but I have zero belief that anything we do now will change the climate. It's simply too late to do so.

Au contraire, we are producing carbon dioxide that is changing the climate. I guess you're not keeping up on current events.

Humans have increased carbon dioxide concentrations in the atmosphere from 280 to 420+ ppm over the last 100 years. CO2 is a greenhouse gas that warms the planet.

What does that have to do with climate change? Cars don't need gratitude.

Or are you suggesting that we should feel gratitude to the oil companies that are polluting our atmosphere?

I'm suggesting that I'm not a peasant because of industry, and I'm glad for it.

Oil companies don't pollute the atmosphere, they just provide the means to do so by the billions that use oil consuming engines. Perhaps you'd rather we rode horses, and you'd have to use a sailing ship to get to LOS

I'm suggesting that I'm not a peasant because of industry, and I'm glad for it.

Oil companies don't pollute the atmosphere, they just provide the means to do so by the billions that use oil consuming engines. Perhaps you'd rather we rode horses, and you'd have to use a sailing ship to get to LOS

The choice is not between oil guzzlers and horses. You just reflexively support the oil companies, even as their products warm the planet.

Au contraire, we are producing carbon dioxide that is changing the climate. I guess you're not keeping up on current events.

Humans have increased carbon dioxide concentrations in the atmosphere from 280 to 420+ ppm over the last 100 years. CO2 is a greenhouse gas that warms the planet.

So what? Are you saying we should stop using any oil based motivation from today? Do you even understand how many ICE vehicles there are on the planet, how many ships, how many planes? For someone that purports to be in the forefront of space exploration, you seem to be lacking in comprehension of reality on the ground.

• Agree 1

So what? Are you saying we should stop using any oil based motivation from today? Do you even understand how many ICE vehicles there are on the planet, how many ships, how many planes? For someone that purports to be in the forefront of space exploration, you seem to be lacking in comprehension of reality on the ground.

The first step in solving a problem is recognizing that there is a problem. Clearly, you are not there yet.

As the climate crisis worsens, efforts to mitigate the warming will increase.

None of your worship of the oil companies contradicts the reality that human pollution is warming the atmosphere.

Here's what happens when climate change warms the planet:

Largest wildfire in Texas history kills thousands of cattle

It's hot in Texas, despite it being Winter.

You can't prove that it's hot because I drive an ICE car. Nor can you expect me to stop doing so.

Yes climate change happens, always has always will, so what? If you actually believe that we can do something about it I have a number of bridges for sale, barely used.

The best saying I ever heard, and which applies in all situations is "<deleted> happens".

Do you own a company that makes electric cars or windmills? Sure seems like it.

The first step in solving a problem is recognizing that there is a problem. Clearly, you are not there yet.

As the climate crisis worsens, efforts to mitigate the warming will increase.

None of your worship of the oil companies contradicts the reality that human pollution is warming the atmosphere.

Climate change is not a problem, it is a natural event.

What is also, IMO, indisputable, is that there is nothing we can do to change it.

efforts to mitigate the warming will increase.

IMO those efforts should have started about 50 years ago and involved stopping the human race overbreeding itself into extinction.

There are simply too many people on the planet and nothing is going to stop us continuing to overpopulate the planet short of extinction, IMO, which means that the world will simply become too polluted to support human life. So one way or the other, we humans, IMO, will, in the words of Monty Python, cease to be.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes climate change happens, always has always will, so what? 

Just because you failed Science doesn't mean the planet isn't warming.

You DO realize that the planet is warming. You don't know why, though. Which makes you unqualified for this conversation. Why should anyone listen to you if you can't explain why the planet is warming?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1