Scientists Are Freaking Out About Ocean Temperatures

Social Media

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You really are hilarious.

You completely made up what the thread is about and thought you would get away with it.

To be precise the thread is about scientists freaking out and ocean temperatures, not about human produced carbon dioxide.

Ocean temperatures are rising due to man-made carbon dioxide:

https://skepticalscience.com/How-Increasing-Carbon-Dioxide-Heats-The-Ocean.html

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You really are hilarious.

You completely made up what the thread is about and thought you would get away with it.

To be precise the thread is about scientists freaking out and ocean temperatures, not about human produced carbon dioxide.

From the OP:

"The global warming caused by fossil fuel emissions is a primary driver of the rising ocean temperatures.".

So, what's your point?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

From the OP:

"The global warming caused by fossil fuel emissions is a primary driver of the rising ocean temperatures.".

So, what's your point?

My point is as always I don't trust scientists that depend on having the correct explanations to secure their funding.

At any mention of human caused temperature rise I stop reading.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Ocean temperatures are rising due to man-made carbon dioxide:

LOL. I had a look through the article but it doesn't say anywhere that I read that Ocean temperatures are rising due to man-made carbon dioxide:

You really need to use links that prove your point.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

From the OP:

So, what's your point?

"Below the sea surface, historical measurements of temperature are far sparser, and the warming is more gradual, about 0.01°C per decade at 1,000 meters."

https://scripps.ucsd.edu/news/voyager-how-long-until-ocean-temperature-goes-few-more-degrees

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you?

I can explain why the planet's temperature is rising:

Humans have produced so much carbon dioxide that atmospheric concentrations have increased from 280 ppm to 420+ ppm over the last 100 years.

Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas that traps heat in the lower atmosphere.

Therefore, human produced carbon dioxide is warming the atmosphere (and oceans).

Whereas, you have zero explanation for the warming.

• Haha 1

My point is as always I don't trust scientists that depend on having the correct explanations to secure their funding.

The Greenhouse effect was first discovered over 200 years ago, do you think that guy was in it for the money, too?

• Haha 1

LOL. I had a look through the article but it doesn't say anywhere that I read that Ocean temperatures are rising due to man-made carbon dioxide:

Human production of carbon dioxide has increased atmospheric concentrations from 280 to 430+ ppm. The article describes the impact of that increased CO2 on ocean temperatures. 

• Haha 1

Because you think there is a giant conspiracy to support the Global Warming hypothesis.

Meanwhile, you can produce zero evidence why the planet is warming, if it's not from greenhouse games.

Anyone who believes in a conspiracy with zero evidence is a nut job, in my opinion.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I believe that this person has me on ignore. So someone may want to pass along this passage that comes from the article in question.  

"Adding further greenhouse gases to the atmosphere warms the ocean cool skin layer, which in turn reduces the amount of heat flowing out of the ocean. Reducing the heat lost to the atmosphere allows the oceans to steadily warm over time - as has been observed over the last half century."

It should be pointed out that this is the 2nd paragraph in the article. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You obviously didn't look very well:

"Adding further greenhouse gases to the atmosphere warms the ocean cool skin layer, which in turn reduces the amount of heat flowing out of the ocean. Reducing the heat lost to the atmosphere allows the oceans to steadily warm over time - as has been observed over the last half century."

• Haha 1

On 2/29/2024 at 7:36 AM, KhunLA said:

I did post a thread much earlier, that some are looking at, for a cause of things heating up, but more so, total disaster before climate change or global warming would be an issue.

Your thread was about volcanos, which have nothing to do with warming the planet.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/28/2024 at 11:33 PM, JonnyF said:

Wow this is serious.

We better fly all the elites to an opulent conference to make some speeches about the proles needing to pay more tax. 

Better still, could someone call Harry on his private jet and ask him to buy some carbon credits ASAP. Before his polo match kicks off would be preferable. 

You are truly confused if you believe that the reality of Global Warming is contradicted by the behavior of a handful of wealthy people.

Either you have data that can contradict the Global Warming hypothesis, or you can make noise. Since you can't provide any data, that leaves making noise.

• Haha 1

On 2/28/2024 at 11:39 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I hearted that.

I'm sure they have the plans already in progress, probably for the Maldives, where they can measure the temperature for themselves by swimming in it.

As usual "scientists claim" but not a single solution to be uttered by them. Can't keep the peasants in their place if they aren't afraid of something.

And yet the planet is warming.

You continue to troll about solutions, in the hopes of derailing the topic.

• Sad 1

On 2/29/2024 at 7:05 AM, johng said:

You guess wrong,  I'm not a scientist just someone who's pointing out that the scientists are "bewildered"  "astonished"  and lacking in convincing explanations...but at the same time it's certainly 100% man made global warming because it just is  the scientists say it is so it is. Obviously not those scientists quoted in the article they must be conspiracy scientists how dare they admit they are baffled.

It's a reading comprehension issue on your part. Scientists know that the planet is warming due to human pollution. What is puzzling is the recent uptick in ocean temperatures.  

Sooner or later, they'll figure it out.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You are truly confused if you believe that the reality of Global Warming is contradicted by the behavior of a handful of wealthy people.

Either you have data that can contradict the Global Warming hypothesis, or you can make noise. Since you can't provide any data, that leaves making noise.

Have you considered that we just don't believe you, and no matter how many times you claim the sky is falling, it is still up there?

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Your thread was about volcanos, which have nothing to do with warming the planet.

If you are seriously telling us that pollution emitted by volcanoes does not affect climate, then I for one will not take anything you say seriously.

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I gave you the laugh emoji.

Your Chicken Little attempts to make us panic about the climate are so entertaining. Please keep them coming.

So, you have no data to support your position? How embarrassing. 

• Haha 2

If you are seriously telling us that pollution emitted by volcanoes does not affect climate, then I for one will not take anything you say seriously.

Volcanos create short term cooling.

Another reading comprehension issue on your part.

And still no data to support your position.

• Haha 1

Have you considered that we just don't believe you, and no matter how many times you claim the sky is falling, it is still up there?

It's not me you don't believe, it's Science  which maintains that human pollution is warming the planet.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

It's not me you don't believe, it's Science  which maintains that human pollution is warming the planet.

And "science" has never been wrong... it is absolute... right???  Once again I know that you will not actually read the source that you often demand... but here is just one of many... Why So Much Science is Wrong, False, Puffed, or Misleading | AIER

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

And "science" has never been wrong... it is absolute... right???  Once again I know that you will not actually read the source that you often demand... but here is just one of many... Why So Much Science is Wrong, False, Puffed, or Misleading | AIER

The article is about non peer reviewed science often being wrong, which is not just true, it's common.

But it's rare when experiments that are widely reviewed end up being wrong.

The Global Warming hypothesis is one of the most widely reviewed and accepted scientific issues. It is so strong a hypothesis that you have no data to contradict it.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

The article is about non peer reviewed science often being wrong, which is not just true, it's common.

But it's rare when experiments that are widely reviewed end up being wrong.

The Global Warming hypothesis is one of the most widely reviewed and accepted scientific issues. It is so strong a hypothesis that you have no data to contradict it.

I told you that you wouldn't read it... or any of the other sources readily available to someone with an open mind...

4 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

I told you that you wouldn't read it... or any of the other sources readily available to someone with an open mind...

I think I was sent that article by a Flat Earther. They don't believe Science, either.

• Sad 1