What happened to the money I have transferred from abroad?

Last week I transferred 512 000 THB to my Kasikorn Bank account.  This morning, through the mobile application, I saw that my balance is shown as 481 000 and the Outstanding balance is 512 000.  Can somebody explain what that could mean? See the screenshot attached.

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 10.47.33.jpg

13 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Last week I transferred 512 000 THB to my Kasikorn Bank account.  This morning, through the mobile application, I saw that my balance is shown as 481 000 and the Outstanding balance is 512 000.  Can somebody explain what that could mean? See the screenshot attached.

By the looks of the whole outstanding balance hasnt cleared completely and finished posting. Of the 512K deposited 481K is available now and the remainder will clear probably in a day or so. It's very common in the USA to not have a full deposit available until a day or so afterward and I suspect thats whats going on here. Call the bank if your worried

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

That normally happens when you have an incoming transfer that has been initiated but has not yet completed. But presumably your transfer was a single transaction?

No, there were several transactions. Yesterday, the whole balance was "available". Now, I remember, that one of the transfers was exactly 31000 THB (the sum missing in my "available" money). It was done on 28.02. Until today it was in my available balance, though.

Edited by Hellfire

4 minutes ago, BangkokHank said:

That was me. I sent it to you by mistake. I meant to send it to "Will NOT B Good". Sorry for the mix-up. Just meet me at the mouth of the soi with the cash at noon and I will pick it up. Again, sorry for the mix-up.

Not a problem.....I'll set off now.....555

Or.....I could pop a cheque in the post?

Edited by Will B Good
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Some banks charge a fee on deposits from up to 500b. seems you lost a whole 31b. did they charge you for an SMS?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

That's the new withholding tax on foreign remittances. Will be credited to your income tax next year. No worries...

That was my first thought ). Later, after I remembered that one of the recent transfers was en exact amount that is missing from the available balance, I changed my opinion. Anyway, will visit the bank later today and ask for the details.

2 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

That was my first thought ). Later, after I remembered that one of the recent transfers was en exact amount that is missing from the available balance, I changed my opinion. Anyway, will visit the bank later today and ask for the details.

31 KTHB is well worth the visit..

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Not sure, but things do go awry.

Someone deposited B22,000 in my account recently......tried to return the money but no one was interested???

so that's where my 22,000 ended up .......

1 hour ago, Hellfire said:

Go to the online site and request a list of all transactions for that account over the past 5 or 10 days and note the balance available after each.

Prolly a processing bug.  Likely had the 31K deposit added immediately as available balance, which then reverted to a pending deposit after the overnight update.  That's assuming the 31K you received is not available for spending immediately.

1 hour ago, Hellfire said:

No, just a debit card

Ok

The reason I ask, is because if you have a  bank balance of let's say $10,000 and a credit card secured by your bank account that has a $1000 limit 

Them your bank balance would show as $10,000 but your available bank balance would be $ 9000

The one thousand dollars is held in reserve to cover your credit card. 

Kasikorn offers such a card to foreigners, I have one. If you want one you could probably get one. It does not affect you bank balance if used for visa extension purposes.