‘Britain feels like Nazi Germany’: The Jewish people wanting to flee the UK as antisemitism

Social Media

30 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Antisemitism is hatred of Jews. Not more, not less. Zionist can not be conflated with Jewish. Period. I can't put it any simpler.

Edited by ozimoron

17 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

To be clear, can I declare my belief that the Israeli government has a long standing history of acting like an unspecified reprehensible historic government without fear of being called out for it?

Do what you like.................:coffee1:

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Right now, if you're Jewish in a foreign country RACIST people naturally want you to declare where you stand.

"Oh these nasty people are getting angry about my provocations in a country my people are known to disdain because of their initial opposition to the establishment of my own country".

That paraphrase about sums up my feeling about what happened there. He pulls an openly activist and pro zionist public act while polluting the environment no less and then goes all butt hurt when people abuse him. It's nuts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, JCauto said:

You can't write a single post without errors or lies.

The person putting up the hostage posters was not an Israeli. Israel attended the World Court hearing and made their case. The case has not been decided yet. Israel have never declared that they don't recognize the World Court. These are lies. You can't even write a 3 sentence post without 3 lies.

You are unsurprised that a woman stapling posters to a wall about innocents being kidnapped is assaulted by a man for that and that others find this to be, well, assault, and anti-semitic?

Be on firmer footing before calling me a iiar.

Israel does not accept that the court has jurisdiction over its control of the West Bank

However, the ICJ, the UN's top legal organ, will only be able to issue an advisory opinion since the case was brought as a referral from the UN General Assembly. Israel does not accept that the court has jurisdiction over its control of the West Bank

I was also referring to the ICC.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

"Oh these nasty people are getting angry about my provocations in a country my people are known to disdain because of their initial opposition to the establishment of my own country".

That paraphrase about sums up my feeling about what happened there. He pulls an openly activist and pro zionist public act while polluting the environment no less and then goes all butt hurt when people abuse him. It's nuts.

Putting up posters of captured innocent hostage, women, children and elderly guys is not a pro Zionist act. Anyone can do it and many non Jews have and will continue to do so. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Israel does not accept that the court has jurisdiction over its control of the West Bank

However, the ICJ, the UN's top legal organ, will only be able to issue an advisory opinion since the case was brought as a referral from the UN General Assembly. Israel does not accept that the court has jurisdiction over its control of the West Bank

Off topic nonsense, nothing to do with the hostages that was talked about who are in Gaza

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Are you able to comprehend English? Did you click on the EC link? Do you understand whom the EC represents?

To be perfectly clear, you can declare whatever belief you wish to, within the confines of the Forum rules. This obviously includes making racist or anti-semitic statements, although sometimes they're also removed by the moderators if they're considered too over-the-top.

As to you being called out for it, when you make reprehensible statements that are racist, you should always be called out on it. It doesn't matter whether you're being offensive to Jews, Muslims, women, or whomever else you are trying to beat down. So fill your boots! You must be very proud to hold such antediluvian opinions, there's clearly a cabal of other like-minded individuals here for you to make congress with. Y'all should go to a Beer Hall together.

You calling me racist doesn't make it so. I will go to bed tonight, like every other night, confident in my personal integrity. I am also confident that one day your thinking will be seen to be on the wrong side of history, and that people of all races and religions will look back at the horrors of what's currently happening in Israel with aghast bewilderment that so many, seemingly, good people at best did nothing.

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I know, you don't understand the concept of an even sided point of view.

I know you don't either:

"Nowadays, the word Zionist is often used as a swearword. As a negative label."

https://www.annefrank.org/en/topics/antisemitism/are-all-jews-zionists/

House Passes Resolution Declaring Anti-Zionism A Form Of Antisemitism—Some Democrats Are Critical

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianbushard/2023/12/05/house-passes-resolution-declaring-anti-zionism-a-form-of-antisemitism-some-democrats-are-critical/

'We all know that anti-Zionism is Antisemitism and if you do not support Zionism, than you do not support Jews'

https://twitter.com/i24NEWS_EN/status/1760046831155745105

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Putting up posters of captured innocent hostage, women, children and elderly guys is not a pro Zionist act. Anyone can do it and many non Jews have and will continue to do so. 

off topic nonsense. It's activism and you know it.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

You wish to debate that you wrote "refusing to recognize or be held accountable by a world court"?

If that was so, why did they send a team to the World Court to testify in the case? Would you send a team to present a case to a court you don't recognize? Have you presented any evidence that "Israel does not accept that the court has jurisdiction over its control of the West Bank." I didn't see it. As far as I can tell, the ICJ is NOT deciding whether Israel can have control over the West Bank. So how could Israel "not accept that"? You don't seem to understand that when you write things down and present them as fact, that people will check those statements out and if they were simply made up on the spot by you making a reference-free assertion, we're going to find that out and point out that you're lying. As I did. As you've once again FAILED to provide any evidence against.

If you're not a liar, then why have you only provided an attempt to explain one of the three lies I pointed out? Do you think that only having 2 lies in a 3-sentence post makes you something less of a liar? And your attempt to rebut the lie was a failure too. You're just spouting hate while pounding the keyboard angrily.

You still are conflating non-Israeli Jews with Israelis. None of the people in this news story were identified as an Israeli.

• Thumbs Up 2

The many thousands Jewish Bloc on the regular marches begs to differ, but under this twisted hyperbole they are probably regarded as kapos. But all racism against anybody based on their race is wrong. Period.

The first is Isaac Deutscher who died in London in 1967: He asked what makes a Jew.  He answered: “Religion? I am an atheist. Jewish nationalism? I am an internationalist. In neither sense am I, therefore, a Jew. I am however, a Jew by force of my unconditional solidarity with the persecuted and exterminated.”

The second is Marek Edelman The last surviving commander Marek_Edelman_Polen_polennuof the Warsaw Ghetto uprising, whom I met briefly in Warsaw in 1997. He died in Poland in 2009. This hero was persona non grata in Israel for remaining an anti-Zionist, and for saying about that incredible Uprising: “We fought for dignity and freedom. Not for a territory, nor for a national identity”. But the very most important thing he said was: “To be a Jew means always being with the oppressed, never with the oppressors.” Never with the oppressors.

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/article/jew-means-always-oppressed-never-oppressors/

GDvwO3cXIAAVf-I.jpg

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You calling me racist doesn't make it so. I will go to bed tonight, like every other night, confident in my personal integrity. I am also confident that one day your thinking will be seen to be on the wrong side of history, and that people of all races and religions will look back at the horrors of what's currently happening in Israel with aghast bewilderment that so many, seemingly, good people at best did nothing.

You're correct, my calling you a racist is simply the opinion of one person.

The EC on the other hand making official statements on its website about what constitutes anti-semitism is the opinion of a large body of serious people including lawyers from a number of different countries and backgrounds and who take these things very seriously. THEY are the ones who think what you wrote is Anti-Semitic and have published explicitly on their website why that's the case. That you have read it and continue to hold that opinion tells everyone that you, in fact, are an Anti-Semite. So if you sleep happily with that, it just tells us that you're deeply flawed and should seek therapy. I do hope that one day you and your ilk are exposed for your hate and that you experience a reasonably degree of personal discomfort and consequence as a result.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, JCauto said:

You wish to debate that you wrote "refusing to recognize or be held accountable by a world court"?

If that was so, why did they send a team to the World Court to testify in the case? Would you send a team to present a case to a court you don't recognize? Have you presented any evidence that "Israel does not accept that the court has jurisdiction over its control of the West Bank." I didn't see it. As far as I can tell, the ICJ is NOT deciding whether Israel can have control over the West Bank. So how could Israel "not accept that"? You don't seem to understand that when you write things down and present them as fact, that people will check those statements out and if they were simply made up on the spot by you making a reference-free assertion, we're going to find that out and point out that you're lying. As I did. As you've once again FAILED to provide any evidence against.

If you're not a liar, then why have you only provided an attempt to explain one of the three lies I pointed out? Do you think that only having 2 lies in a 3-sentence post makes you something less of a liar? And your attempt to rebut the lie was a failure too. You're just spouting hate while pounding the keyboard angrily.

You still are conflating non-Israeli Jews with Israelis. None of the people in this news story were identified as an Israeli.

Yeah, l I despise zionists.

I am not conflating anything with anybody. Zionism is not religious sect of Judaism, it is a far right nationalist political movement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JCauto said:

The EC on the other hand making official statements on its website about what constitutes anti-semitism is the opinion of a large body of serious people including lawyers from a number of different countries and backgrounds and who take these things very seriously. THEY are the ones who think what you wrote is Anti-Semitic and have published explicitly on their website why that's the case. That you have read it and continue to hold that opinion tells everyone that you, in fact, are an Anti-Semite. So if you sleep happily with that, it just tells us that you're deeply flawed and should seek therapy. I do hope that one day you and your ilk are exposed for your hate and that you experience a reasonably degree of personal discomfort and consequence as a result.

As I said, I will be on the right side of history whereas you will be seen as an apologist for evil. You seen to be very comfortable with that mantle.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Stop being a *** by accusing everybody opposed to your POV as needing therapy.You complain about other consumed by hate. Disgusting.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No it isn't. 

You hate something that you don't even have an accurate definition about. Regular ignorance or willful ignorance?

Zionism—the nationalist movement calling for the establishment and support of an independent Jewish state in its ancient homeland—is one of the world’s most controversial ideologies. Its supporters see it as the national liberation movement of the Jewish people that came to fruition in the creation of the State of Israel in 1948. Its opponents regard it as one of the last forms of colonial oppression in the world, defined by Israel’s occupation of the West Bank in the name of a racist ideology increasingly turning Israel into an apartheid state.

https://academic.oup.com/book/628/chapter-abstract/135333910?redirectedFrom=fulltext

• Like 1
  • Haha 1