FB Marketplace

Tariya

1 hour ago, CallumWK said:

Now about every reply I get is asking to contact them on Line, just got the 6th one.

Obviously something isn't right there. Anyone an idea why the ask for Line?

Because they like you and your striking personality.

1 hour ago, CallumWK said:

Now about every reply I get is asking to contact them on Line, just got the 6th one.

Obviously something isn't right there. Anyone an idea why the ask for Line?

Its the main form of communication amongst Thai's...   

Whereas in many other places the communication is via WhatsApp.... (i.e. for Hotels in Europe etc...  Car rentals in Japan etc)

So, I wouldn't think too much into people wanting to communicate in Line - its just the preferred way here.

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its the main form of communication amongst Thai's...   

Whereas in many other places the communication is via WhatsApp.... (i.e. for Hotels in Europe etc...  Car rentals in Japan etc)

So, I wouldn't think too much into people wanting to communicate in Line - its just the preferred way here.

Obviously my ad is on marketplace, and they have a FB account, otherwise they would not be able to send me the first message.
So why want to switch to Line if they can ask the same questions in messenger?

BTW, the first one who asked, I complied and sent message on Line. She read the message and never replied

Edited by CallumWK

39 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Obviously my ad is on marketplace, and they have a FB account, otherwise they would not be able to send me the first message.
So why want to switch to Line if they can ask the same questions in messenger?

BTW, the first one who asked, I complied and sent message on Line. She read the message and never replied

I've never had so many tyre kickers when trying to sell anything than I have on FB market place in Thailand... its astonishing...     trying to unravel the mindset of a potential purchaser in Thailand going down a rabbit hole I'm not willing to travel...  I've had way to many strange requests and questions... 

... it just comes with the territory and takes some patiences to deal with the time wasters. 

If someone wants to switch to Line Messenger - it maybe because they find it easier to use.

It might also have something to do with the Translate Option that is built into the LINE App whereas I don't think FB Messenger has that.

In the UK when I sold a car a few years back - I had a guy saying he didn't like the colour !!!  another saying he didn't like the wheels...   its difficult to respond without asking why the ef are you calling me up about the car then !!!!......    just time wasters.

When I’m selling something in Thailand on Facebook Marketplace, I always set an extremely low price because I don’t want to deal with it.

For example, after a house renovation, I had a palette of ceramic tiles left. I left them outside for eight months in the rain and mud. I originally bought them for 11,000 Baht. I took two photos, set the price at 1,000 Baht, and posted it on Marketplace at 7 PM. By 10 PM, I had 50+ people asking if it was still available. By 6 AM the next morning I had a guy in front of my house loading it with his wife into his truck. By 6:30 AM it was gone. Problem solved. Same way I sold old windows, old doors, old window guards ... . I just don't want to deal with all that drama.