Thai businessman loses millions to virtual love affair

webfact

According to A, he never had the opportunity to meet Aey in person or engage in a video conference with her. Aey consistently avoided face-to-face encounters and only shared pictures of herself. In these images, Aey appeared beautiful and alluring, which deepened my affection for her.

First is all, the biggest variable when you meet someone online, is whether or not you will like them once you see them. Do you find them attractive? Do they find you appealing? Is there any chemistry? Is she emotionally developed, or a stunted, emotional retard? There is no shortage of women that fit that category here. Would you want to be with her any longer than an hour, once you meet her? If not, what do you do once you have made this rather grand and rather silly commitment of your time? Let it unfold in a rather organic fashion. There is nothing natural about meeting anyone online, and you know virtually nothing about them, until you have spent some real time together. Months, even years. For some of us, who are not millennials, the whole concept of striking up a relationship online, then chatting and spending dozens or hundreds of hours getting to know someone online, and texting to death, without ever meeting them, just reeks of desperation, and isolation. The few times I ever engaged in online dating, my rule was two emails or chats, then a Skype type video call, then an actual meeting of 20 minutes for a cup of coffee. Lets see where it goes from there. You do not want to meet so quickly? OK. Find another pen pal please. Homey don't play that game. 

I guess it comes down to self esteem. When I was doing online dating, I always limited the first encounter to 15-30 minutes, over a cup of coffee. And 90% of the time I was very glad I had followed that protocol. I also limited the number of contacts prior to that cup of coffee to three. I do not have any interest in having pen pals. And Thai women love to chat, and text, and you end up wasting alot of hours on someone you have never met, and more than likely are not going to get with once you do meet her, for a couple of dozen reasons. The numbers are not on your side, so why invest the time, once you have made the contact? What would Bond do?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You do not 'date' someone on-line.

And you do not send 4 million to someone you've never properly met, if ever.

20 minutes ago, JoePai said:

He did !

As do thousands of others all over the world. :crying:

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

even if its true, try telling that to all the saps. one born every 10 seconds. even back home guys (mostly] get taken in regularly.

watch out when AI really kicks off. some are already being had by scams that imitate a loved one's voice

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You do if you are "vulnerable".

Games rooms are full of lonely, incel, nerds.......she chose her fishing ground well.

On 3/5/2024 at 3:25 AM, webfact said:

The victim, 40 year old A, sought help from non-profit organisation Saimai Survive

It's interesting that this Saimai Survive organization and the activist behind it are seemingly in the news almost every day lately, representing a succession of clients who typically have gotten nowhere in trying to deal with the Thai police going thru the regular channels.

If memory serves, the recent cases have included alleged rape victims, victims of wrongdoing by police, victims of botched plastic surgery jobs where the police seemed unwilling to act, cases where minors have been abused, and on and on and on...

All Saimai Survive examples below, and often until recently consisting of the organization and the victimized party/parties presenting their plea via press conferences to Deputy National Police Chief Hakparn (aka Big Joke).

https://aseannow.com/topic/1320341-teenage-thai-girl-accuses-tattoo-artist-of-sexual-assault/

https://aseannow.com/topic/1318564-disturbing-behaviour-of-police-officer-who-raped-minor-exposed-by-another-student/

https://aseannow.com/topic/1319421-thai-resort-owner-allegedly-drugs-attacks-rapes-party-entertainer/

https://aseannow.com/topic/1315547-top-media-influencer-claims-that-chinese-men-target-thai-women-for-love-in-what-she-calls-‘son-hunting’/

https://aseannow.com/topic/1312760-fortune-teller-tricks-thai-woman-into-sex-and-14-million-baht-loss/