US Supreme Court rules Colorado cannot ban Trump from presidential ballot

Social Media

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Storming the Capitol is not patriotic.  Fondling a flag with a dopey smirk on your face is not patriotic. 

Attacking police officers trying to protect our elected officials isn't patriotic either.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

No, the media have weakened murica to the world buy attacking their own President nonstop. the media have also stirred up the anger and aggression, with their race baiting bias edited reporting.

Yeah, Fox did that a lot during the Obama years.  They wanted to help McConnell as much as possible after he stated ‘my number one priority is making sure president Obama’s a one-term president.’

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roo Island said:

You should research why Trump wasn't impeached the second time. Definitely living in a bubble if you don't know. It was all about Mitch. Glad he's gone.

You are confused. Trump was impeached twice, and because McConnell is in the Senate, not the House, he had nothing to do with either impeachment.

You really should "step out of your bubble" and do a little reading.

In any event, I am not a fan McConnell.

Again, patriotism is only a cult to the globalists. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, impulse said:

Who's suggesting listening to Tucker?  I listen to the people he's interviewing.  In this case, the Chief of the Capitol police on the day.  Who has quite the story to tell, backed up by copious notes he took about what happened when and who was involved and who was conspicuously absent.

If you have anything that refutes what the guy says, please, do tell.  But I'd bet you didn't even listen to the interview.

Lack of curiosity isn't a virtue.

He didn't think he got the resources he needed because various officials didn't like the appearance of too much security.  Who's fault was that?  Who was POTUS and in charge of the intelligence services who didn't share enough information with him?

If you want to spin a conspiracy out of the interview, the logical one is that Trump wanted minimal security so his mob would have an opportunity to disrupt the certification, or perhaps do more.  Then after sending his mob towards the White House Trump monitored events on television for hours before, when it was clear that the mob wouldn't prevent certification or overthrow the government, called them off.

Is that what you're suggesting happened?

5 hours ago, frank83628 said:

that was me, i did try a google search but as always the top results are always left bias MSM articles or 'fact' checkers. i didn't have time or inclination to wade through pages to find a more independent neutral article for it to be dismissed by you or whomever i was replying to. The twitter link with McCarthy was covering the same thing. the fact there were no where near enough police.

it's that same on youtube when searching political topics, the results are always cnn, msnbc, bbc etc etc.

you don't see the bias as it leans to your side. since Trump its been so obvious, then with brexit, covid, vaccines and now Putin & Ukraine.

Ah, is google not giving the wingnut conspiracy theory sources you believe the attention you think they deserve?

15 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Agreed. All the right wing media outlets do is bash our president, democrats and liberals. Definitely race baiting biased edited reporting. Amazing so many like it. Shows what's wrong with America

well given the fact that the majority of MSM & online presence is left leaning i'd say they have the bigger reach, they, along with the bbc etc bashed Trump nonstop daily, so if anything you reap what you sow, sum num nah!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, G_Money said:

Last time I was called nasty was in second grade by a girl seated in front of me when I picked my nose and placed a burger on her chair.

Punished by the Catholic nun with a ruler across my knuckles.

Maybe I’m due again.

You went to Sacred Heart Academy too!

26 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Ah, is google not giving the wingnut conspiracy theory sources you believe the attention you think they deserve?

google never did, duck duck go used to be more neutral results,  however that changed since 20/21,

and yeah, i'd prefer to read less bias articles if its were possible. the likes of cnn are a joke, but i doubt you bother to look any further than what you're told by them.
Fox used to be the joke..they still are to a point, but cnn took over, but at least you can here the other side of the story and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Edited by frank83628

55 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

google never did, duck duck go used to be more neutral results,  however that changed since 20/21,

and yeah, i'd prefer to read less bias articles if its were possible. the likes of cnn are a joke, but i doubt you bother to look any further than what you're told by them.
Fox used to be the joke..they still are to a point, but cnn took over, but at least you can here the other side of the story and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

"the likes of cnn are a joke, but i doubt you bother to look any further than what you're told by them."

It's kind of comical that CNN is such a boogeyman for some people.  The kind of people who assume that everyone who doesn't agree with them must get all their information from CNN.

I don't watch CNN.  I don't watch news on television, I read.  I can cover lots more ground that way and quickly identify and reject sources that are big on opinions and short on facts.  After achieving a certain degree of background information and skepticism it's also easy to identify and factor in bias.  You should try it.

Regarding search engines; if none of them are telling you stuff you want to believe, maybe what you believe just doesn't reflect the real world.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

You are confused. Trump was impeached twice, and because McConnell is in the Senate, not the House, he had nothing to do with either impeachment.

You really should "step out of your bubble" and do a little reading.

In any event, I am not a fan McConnell.

Ok. We'll do this simple. Jeez

https://www.businessinsider.com/mitch-mcconnell-donald-trump-impeachment-conviction-five-people-2022-4

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Did you read it? Apparently not, because your link just confirms what I've been saying all along, that Trump was impeached twice. I went on to say that because McConnell is in the Senate, not the House, he had nothing to do with either impeachment. 

You really should "step out of your bubble" and do a little reading. You seem to know nothing about the impeachment process. 

As I said, I am not a fan McConnell, but and he did not stop Trump from being impeached. 

1 hour ago, Roo Island said:

Agreed. All the right wing media outlets do is bash our president, democrats and liberals. Definitely race baiting biased edited reporting. Amazing so many like it. Shows what's wrong with America

Race baiting?  That’s a new one.  

Where did you pull that one from.

But you’re not disgruntled.  Got it!

Edited by G_Money

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Did you read it? Apparently not, because your link just confirms what I've been saying all along, that Trump was impeached twice. I went on to say that because McConnell is in the Senate, not the House, he had nothing to do with either impeachment. 

You really should "step out of your bubble" and do a little reading. You seem to know nothing about the impeachment process. 

As I said, I am not a fan McConnell, but and he did not stop Trump from being impeached. 

It was because of McConnell that Trump wasn't booted from the WH. He didn't think it was necessary.

From that article.

McConnell ultimately voted against convicting Trump on February 13, 2021, despite blaming him for the attack. 

"There is no question that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of that day," McConnell said on the Senate floor that day. "The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president.  In that same speech, McConnell repeated the very same argument put forward by his Republican colleagues — that a former president cannot and should not face conviction from the Senate. 

"If President Trump were still in office, I would have carefully considered whether the House managers proved their specific charge," he said. "But in this case, that question is moot. Because former President Trump is constitutionally not eligible for conviction."

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Roo Island said:

If someone says CNN or The New York Times is fake news, they've drank the kool-aid

are you sponsored by kool-aid? you've said it more time that appears on family guy, if you are defending CNN then perhaps it's you thats drunk too much !!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

Regarding search engines; if none of them are telling you stuff you want to believe, maybe what you believe just doesn't reflect the real world.

no, what it reflects is that the main 'goto'  sites for info are corrupted and bias to a certain side. 

• Like 1

It was because of McConnell that Trump wasn't booted from the WH. He didn't think it was necessary.

From that article.

McConnell ultimately voted against convicting Trump on February 13, 2021, despite blaming him for the attack. 

"There is no question that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of that day," McConnell said on the Senate floor that day. "The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president.  In that same speech, McConnell repeated the very same argument put forward by his Republican colleagues — that a former president cannot and should not face conviction from the Senate. 

"If President Trump were still in office, I would have carefully considered whether the House managers proved their specific charge," he said. "But in this case, that question is moot. Because former President Trump is constitutionally not eligible for conviction."

From that article.

You've linked to it how many times and still not read it? Your link just confirms what I've been saying all along, that Trump was impeached twice. I went on to say that because McConnell is in the Senate, not the House, he had nothing to do with either impeachment. 

The House impeaches, and Trump was impeached twice. Nothing to do with McConnell. 

The Senate did not convict Trump, either time he was impeached. 

As I said, I am not a fan McConnell, but he simply did not stop Trump from being impeached. Trump was impeached, but he was not convicted, because he was not guilty. 

44 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You've linked to it how many times and still not read it? Your link just confirms what I've been saying all along, that Trump was impeached twice. I went on to say that because McConnell is in the Senate, not the House, he had nothing to do with either impeachment. 

The House impeaches, and Trump was impeached twice. Nothing to do with McConnell. 

The Senate did not convict Trump, either time he was impeached. 

As I said, I am not a fan McConnell, but he simply did not stop Trump from being impeached. Trump was impeached, but he was not convicted, because he was not guilty. 

The senate confirms it. McConnell blocked final step. Thus, Trump wasn't kicked out of the White House. Blame Mitch.

59 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

are you sponsored by kool-aid? you've said it more time that appears on family guy, if you are defending CNN then perhaps it's you thats drunk too much !!

Where did I defend CNN? Other than to say it's a dog whistle for the far right.

On 3/6/2024 at 6:12 PM, frank83628 said:

you mean the same employment level that was where Trump had it pre covid.... and then had to shut the economy... 

The other guys rant about all those good things Biden did for the country. do not outweigh all the bad things he did. Also, he seemed to have forgotten that Biden took over when the employment level was receding which continued to recede after Biden took over. So Biden can not take all the credit for that. 

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

And your 'goto' sites are.......?

What sites you recommend for unbiased news? I know you like Vox, Raw, NPR, VOA, NYT, The Atlantic and the Economist, but are there any others for solid, unbiased facts? 

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

What sites you recommend for unbiased news? I know you like Vox, Raw, NPR, VOA, NYT, The Atlantic and the Economist, but are there any others for solid, unbiased facts? 

You ask the question then answer it.  Nice trolling.

My question to Frank83628 was "And your 'goto' sites are.......? "  Why don't you answer that as well.  I've told you my goto sites, why won't you tell everyone yours?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You ask the question then answer it.  Nice trolling.

My question to Frank83628 was "And your 'goto' sites are.......? "  Why don't you answer that as well.  I've told you my goto sites, why won't you tell everyone yours?

Most of the MAGA cult love Faux News.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

AP, Reuters, NPR, PBS, Forbes. I tend to avoid all opinion pieces unless they are a very credible person.

CNN is biased, but for raw news, it's ok. Who, what, when, where...just facts....

• Agree 1

AP, Reuters, NPR, PBS, Forbes. I tend to avoid all opinion pieces unless they are a very credible person.

CNN is biased, but for raw news, it's ok. Who, what, when, where...just facts....

The print news from Fox (news, not opinions or political theater) is ok.  The pundits ranting, which is what many in Trump world think counts as news, is nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/8/2024 at 9:29 PM, Roo Island said:

Dividing America. Weakening us globally. Making many angry and violent. Like January 6th. Not to mention clogging up our judicial system.

Clogging up the judicial system is entirely on those that are using it to try and keep him off the ballot, or are you claiming that Trump is trying to prosecute himself?