Update: Villa owner’s violent act leads to demolition in beach assault scandal

webfact

55 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

The illegally built staircase became obsolete, as it has been removed from public ground - without legal consequence for the land lord as latter is Thai? 

The owner removed the stairs. And there may be legal consequences. Being investigated by authorities.

9 hours ago, Hummin said:

You really do not understand simple things do you? 

We are guests here, doesnt matter how bad the reality is, this is a perfect incident for locals, to vent their frustration on everything that is wrong with their society. Someone who have connections high up think they can do whatever they want with no consequenses, and this time ot was an foreigner who was caught with his pants down.

It is not only a thai phenomenon, it is universal.

Yeah, vent their frustration on a foreigner. Next time, it might be you. See it everywhere. First, blame the immigrants. Same in your country, same in mine. But it doesn't make any difference. At first, I was against him. You can read my comments. But now this. Sorry, but the moral outrage is totally fake.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, transam said:

Dave has not faced any punishment yet, it seems many from all top to bottom Thais are interested in  Dave "kicking a doctor", who then reported it.

If Dave kicked some bird in Makro it would be in the small print, but he kicked a DOCTOR.............😱

Is "the kick" an established fact?

8 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Yeah, vent their frustration on a foreigner. Next time, it might be you. See it everywhere. First, blame the immigrants. Same in your country, same in mine. But it doesn't make any difference. At first, I was against him. You can read my comments. But now this. Sorry, but the moral outrage is totally fake.

I have told my family to not do anything that could hit back on us, and it is exactly what our neighbours do, cut trees, grab a little bit more land from government every year, start fire results in forrest fire 🔥 and more. 

I know the risk, but Im ok, I try not to stand out, and if it is getting worse, I leave. I have not registered our marriage in Thailand because of status q. Meaning marriage making the spouse responsible if the spouse do something illegal. We have a great land, great freedom, but we also have protect our steps. 

6 hours ago, bradiston said:

Is "the kick" an established fact?

Weeeeell, unless the video out there has been photoshopped, yes, plus he admitted it, though claimed he slipped, which is..........😂.............:whistling:

I may have got this wrong as Mrs.T was trying to tell me what was being said on Thai news.

It seems Dave has stirred up a hornets nest, there is now a call to investigate all fatangy business interests, whether just Phuket I don't know.

I immediately thought of those farangy's who opened a company just to buy a house.........:whistling:

I think Dave may have to move on the way things look, if the threats are implemented... 🥺

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, transam said:

I may have got this wrong as Mrs.T was trying to tell me what was being said on Thai news.

It seems Dave has stirred up a hornets nest, there is now a call to investigate all fatangy business interests, whether just Phuket I don't know.

I immediately thought of those farangy's who opened a company just to buy a house.........:whistling:

I think Dave may have to move on the way things look, if the threats are implemented... 🥺

Nationwide, the Business Development Department found that  419 firms may be acting as business nominees; 313 of them were ordered to submit more documents for verification.

I think there's an outside chance that David flees the country, lol.

• Thumbs Up 2