CBS Sued by ‘SEAL Team’ Scribe Over Alleged Racial Quotas for Hiring Writers

Social Media

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Go shower Brian the stench of entitlement is all over you.

Because he's white?

And all white people are entitled?

37 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No because Brian stinks of entitlement.

You are only saying that because he is white.

If a black woman complained that she was being discriminated against due to discriminatory hiring practices you would not take the same stance. You would support her. You would criticize those doing the hiring. You would call them racist. Especially if the discriminatory practices were common knowledge and acknowledged by the entity that was hiring. Celebrated even.

Discriminating against white people is just the same as discriminating against black people. It is racist. The fact you think he is "entitled" shows your unconscious bias. It shows the racial stereotypes you carry. It shows that you do not believe in equality. It is no better than calling a black woman "Uppity" if she had a legitimate complaint about being discriminated against.

You are showing that you carry all the same prejudices as those you profess to stand against.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And with that assumption your destroy the rest of your post, which is in itself a litany of assumptions.

If this was a black man being discriminated against because they wanted more white men to meet a quota, you'd be all over it screaming Racism.

But you think it's OK because he is white. In fact, you go even further and label him "entitled" for objecting to being discrimated against on the basis of race. 

There's a name for people who support discriminating against people based on race. I'm sure you are aware of it. 

It's good to see it so clearly exposed though. 

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

If this was a black man being discriminated against because they wanted more white men to meet a quota, you'd be all over it screaming Racism.

But you think it's OK because he is white. In fact, you go even further and label him "entitled" for objecting to being discrimated against on the basis of race. 

There's a name for people who support discriminating against people based on race. I'm sure you are aware of it. 

It's good to see it so clearly exposed though. 

Again, you are arguing with assumptions you yourself are making.

This is better know as arguing with yourself.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Again, you are arguing with assumptions you yourself are making.

This is better know as arguing with yourself.

Let's clear it up then. You labeled him entitled.

Would you have done so if he were black and complaining about discriminatory hiring practices?

Simple question. Try to answer directly, and honestly.

48 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Let's clear it up then. You labeled him entitled.

Would you have done so if he were black and complaining about discriminatory hiring practices?

Simple question. Try to answer directly, and honestly.

I’d read the hypothetical OP and respond according to my thoughts on what it has to say.

Now back to topic please (which is not what you imagine I might say and is a real case not a hypothetical case).

Refer top of thread.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’d read the hypothetical OP and respond according to my thoughts on what it has to say.

Now back to topic please (which is not what you imagine I might say and is a real case not a hypothetical case).

Refer top of thread.

I said you should answer the question directly, and honestly.

Obviously you are aware exactly what a direct and honest answer to my question would expose :laugh:.

I am in the fortunate position of not having to obfuscate, because I am against discrimination in all its forms. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Nothing should be of more paramount importance to a media company than diversity of opinion and that means diversity of contributors.

Not discriminating against candidates based on race should be of paramount importance.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

I said you should answer the question directly, and honestly.

Obviously you are aware exactly what a direct and honest answer to my question would expose :laugh:.

I am in the fortunate position of not having to obfuscate, because I am against discrimination in all its forms. 

I suspect you are only against positive discrimination.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I suspect you are only against positive discrimination.

I am against "all" forms of discrimination.

Unlike those who support "positive" discrimination. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

said you should answer the question directly, and honestly.

You are not in any position to assume my views on anything or instruct me in how I should respond to posts.

Refer top of thread for subject of discussion. 

21 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are not in any position to assume my views on anything or instruct me in how I should respond to posts.

Refer top of thread for subject of discussion. 

The thread is about positive discrimination. I know your views. You stated them on other threads many times.

The fact you won't repeat them here tells me everything. You know they are flawed and that I will expose the hypocrisy just as I did before. 

It's simple. I oppose all forms of racial discrimination. You think it's OK in certain circumstances and try to rebrand your preferred flavour of racial discrimination as postive. That's it. Simple. 

If you oppose positive discrimination then just come out and say it. If you are indeed ashamed of supporting racial discrimination then there is no need to reply with more deflection. 

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The thread is about positive discrimination. I know your views. You stated them on other threads many times.

The fact you won't repeat them here tells me everything. You know they are flawed and that I will expose the hypocrisy just as I did before. 

It's simple. I oppose all forms of racial discrimination. You think it's OK in certain circumstances and try to rebrand your preferred flavour of racial discrimination as postive. That's it. Simple. 

If you oppose positive discrimination then just come out and say it. If you are indeed ashamed of supporting racial discrimination then there is no need to reply with more deflection. 

If you have evidence of positive discrimination in this case sent it to Brian, he needs it to back up his allegations.

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

I am against "all" forms of discrimination.

Unlike those who support "positive" discrimination. 

The socioeconomic condition of minorites in the US following a century or two of negative discrimination demands some form of action to correct the wrongs. There are two forms of such action, either direct wealth transfer or positive discrimination.

You may sound like you're virtue signalling here but you "against all forms of discrimination" is a naked rejection of any action to corrects many decades of extreme racial discrimination. That's negative discrimination in a nutshell regardless of your false appeal to equality. It's only those at the top of the heap who want nothing to change.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The socioeconomic condition of minorites in the US following a century or two of negative discrimination demands some form of action to correct the wrongs. There are two forms of such action, either direct wealth transfer or positive discrimination.

There is a third. Equality of opportunity. Not to be confused with equality of outcome. There is no need to punish white kids today for what happened 200 years ago. That type of thing simply transfers the resentment from one group to another. It solves nothing and simply prolongs the cycle of division.

17 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You may sound like you're virtue signalling here but you "against all forms of discrimination" is a naked rejection of any action to corrects many decades of extreme racial discrimination. That's negative discrimination in a nutshell regardless of your false appeal to equality. It's only those at the top of the heap who want nothing to change.

The answer to racism is not more racism. It's a vicious cycle. In 30 years from now will you be "positively" discriminating towards the children of white people who missed out on a University place in 2024 simply because they are white? 

But kudos for admitting you support racial discrimination. It's much better than simply hiding your objectionable views behind countless diversions like the other poster. 

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

But kudos for admitting you support racial discrimination. It's much better than simply hiding your objectionable views behind countless diversions like the other poster.

And considerably better than making up views on behalf of others then arguing with the views you just made up.

29 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And considerably better than making up views on behalf of others then arguing with the views you just made up.

I know your views already, you've stated them on other threads. 

You are posting on a thread about racial quotas but you are not prepared to repeat/confirm your views on so called "positive" racial discrimination even when asked multiple times. 

If you are too ashamed to repeat these objectionable views, why bother posting on the thread? 

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I know your views already, you've stated them on other threads. 

You are posting on a thread about racial quotas but you are not prepared to repeat/confirm your views on so called "positive" racial discrimination even when asked multiple times. 

If you are too ashamed to repeat these objectionable views, why bother posting on the thread? 

Alleged ‘racial quotas’.

I’m sure the views you imagine me to have are objectionable. 

But they are by definition objectionable views you imagine me to have, hence the product of your own thinking.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1