Swiss retiree’s brutal attack on Thai woman sparks outcry in Trang

1 minute ago, Dolf said:

No I'm not. You are jumping to conclusions and being all dramatic. The story doesn't make sense. Guys don't bash random women in shopping centres for no reason. Something happened which triggered him.

Give me a reason.

Just now, rudi49jr said:

You just posted this: “Find this hard to believe. More to story. She probably made racist comments or something.”

Who’s jumping to conclusions?

It is called speculation not jumping to conclusions. Is English not your first language?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, rudi49jr said:

You just posted this: “Find this hard to believe. More to story. She probably made racist comments or something.”

Who’s jumping to conclusions?

It's a problem when people don't remember what they've written.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, rudi49jr said:

A plastic water bottle, as far as I can tell. And only after he had beaten her up first. Then she threw the bottle and he came back to beat her up some more. Read the article.

I did. 

I said he was wrong to hit her the first time.

He is wrong, but she acted poorly too.

Gotta be fair when evaluating these things

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Dolf said:

It is called speculation not jumping to conclusions. Is English not your first language?

When you're already in a hole, stop digging.

• Sad 1

Just now, giddyup said:

It's a problem when people don't remember what they've written.

I stand by my comments. Something triggered him. He lost his cool and probably gets deported.

Just now, FruitPudding said:

I did. 

So he beats her up, she retaliates, he comes back to beat he some more, and she acted poorly?

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So he beats her up, she retaliates, he comes back to beat he some more, and she acted poorly?

Where you there? You tell us.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

although i often am the devil's advocate, in this case the guy deserves to do time. we complain when migrants commit crimes back home, but we need to remember that we are guests here. this guy beat up a woman... 

and yes indeed, let's hope that one day justice is blind and all get punished the same according to the law... thaksin comes to mind

Why did you have to spoil your post mentioning Mr T? There is no greater crime than a soldier overthrowing a dully elected government at the end of a gun! Until those are prosecuted one should be very silent! Not to mention the vast fortunes military elite seem to obtain on rather basic salaries!!!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Dolf said:

A reason for what?

Read your posts, or have you forgotten already. "Guys don't bash random women in shopping centres for no reason".

7 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A shocking incident at a shopping mall in the city of Trang on March 5 left a 58 year old Thai woman, Natchanan Kikkham, with severe injuries after a violent altercation with a 60 year old Swiss national, Dieter Matthias Straumann. 25 year old Natchanan’s son, Kritpong Kikkham, is resolute in seeking justice for his mother, who is now hospitalised with a prognosis of at least one month’s recovery.

The confrontation began when Natchanan was shopping and accidentally bumped into Straumann, leading to a heated exchange. Straumann, who has been living in Thailand on a retirement visa, reportedly attacked Natchanan without provocation, striking her multiple times and then fleeing the scene. Witnesses report Natchanan threw a water bottle in retaliation, after which Straumann returned, choking and beating her further, even slamming her head against the floor.

Straumann was subsequently detained by local police for questioning but remained tight-lipped throughout the interrogation. His recent passport renewal on October 28, 2023, and the upcoming visa expiration on November 14, 2024, indicate his legal status in the country. The police have prepared to charge him with serious assault due to the gravity of Natchanan’s injuries, which include a broken nose and chest trauma, rendering her unable to breathe properly.

Kritpong, who along with relatives has been appealing for fairness at the Trang Hospital, recounted his mother’s harrowing experience, emphasizing the unprovoked nature of the attack. Multiple witnesses within the mall have come forward, ready to testify on Natchanan’s behalf. The police, after a preliminary medical report, are consolidating evidence for Straumann’s potential prosecution.

Straumann’s only response to the police’s announcement of the impending legal action was a terse, “Can not, I will go home. Don’t take photo me.” The relatives of the victim have affirmed their commitment to pursue the case to the fullest extent, underscoring the severity of the assault and the need for justice, reported KhaoSod.

Amidst ongoing controversy, Swiss citizen Urs Fehr’s visa status was reviewed by immigration authorities due to his involvement in a Phuket assault case. Concurrently, inquiries were made into his business operations and foundation.

by Nattapong Westwood

Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

Source: The Thaiger 2024-03-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

Too much swiss cheese puts holes in their head

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

I did. 

I'd say she acted poorly and he lost his cool. Better to just walk away. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, giddyup said:

Read your posts, or have you forgotten already. "Guys don't bash random women in shopping centres for no reason".

Do you know guys who bash women at random? Very strange thing to do.

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Pathetic deflection, you will no doubt be quoting your own “ attempted murder “ next 😀

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Let's hope the Thai woman who hit and run killed a 73 year old Swiss tourist in Pattaya last night gets similar attention.

The only connection between these two events is Swiss. 

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I think we can be sure that her injuries weren't self inflicted.

I don't believe I said they were.... actually, have we seen these "injuries."

Edited by Aussie999