British man quits England for Thailand’s tropical tranquility

6 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

Like you say... it's all computerize. Not that hard to check.

Thai immigration do not have access to Airlines booking info and cannot see whether you have a single or a return flight 

8 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Qantas put a warning on my ticket to Bk must show return ticket b4 boarding in Auckland, because entering on visa on arrival, never had problem b4,even though I said I will extend to non o,can get around that. 

A 22 year with no long stay visa, or near term prospects of getting one, allowed to enter on a one-way just points to how broken the immigration bureau really is when it comes to screening foreign entry. 

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There are long queues at immigration as it is , making people show their return flight would just add to the time and queues , taking into consideration that people don't use physical tickets these days  and its all online 

So what? Immigration bureau has a job to do and that's controlling foreign entry. This is just another example of how poorly the process is designed and how poorly they do their jobs. 

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Thai immigration do not have access to Airlines booking info and cannot see whether you have a single or a return flight 

False! immigration officers have access to itinerary information. This includes flight tickets, which may require additional documentation or confirmation of validity. 

14 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

False! immigration officers have access to itinerary information. This includes flight tickets, which may require additional documentation or confirmation of validity. 

So why do immigration at airports ask to see your boarding pass when entering through immigration ?

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So why do immigration at airports ask to see your boarding pass when entering through immigration ?

You can't be serious. Why does anyone (and seemingly everyone) at the airport ask to see your boarding pass? 

On 3/9/2024 at 2:02 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

There are long queues at immigration as it is , making people show their return flight would just add to the time and queues , taking into consideration that people don't use physical tickets these days  and its all online 

Which is why the onus is on the airlines to prevent people that will not get an entry stamp from getting on the plane.

21 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

You can't be serious. Why does anyone (and seemingly everyone) at the airport ask to see your boarding pass? 

Immigration at BKK always ask to see my boarding pass , I think that reason is to stop people doing visa runs .

Flying in from your home Country on a non budget airline on a 20 000 Baht Qatar flight and you're less likely to be doing visa runs , flying in from Danang with Nok air on a 1000 Baht flight and you might be doing a visa run and staying in Thailand too long