Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

2 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

War crimes can only be committed by established state entities - Hamas are not that, so cannot per se commit "war crimes".

Hamas is a terrorist organization. 

4 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

War crimes can only be committed by established state entities - Hamas are not that, so cannot per se commit "war crimes".

Not correct, war crimes can be committed by individuals including leaders

Families of Israeli hostages file war crimes complaint against Hamas in The Hague

Families of Israeli hostages held by Hamas have taken a significant step in their pursuit of justice by filing a war crimes complaint against the terror organization at the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague. This bold move, led by the Hostages and Missing Families Forum, marks a pivotal moment in the ongoing struggle to hold Hamas accountable for its brutal actions.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1319916-families-of-israeli-hostages-file-war-crimes-complaint-against-hamas-in-the-hague

The ICC can only investigate and prosecute “natural persons” who are over the age of 18. The ICC cannot investigate or prosecute governments, corporations, political parties, or rebel movements, but may investigate individuals who are members of groups.

ICC link source

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not correct, war crimes can be committed by individuals including leaders

Families of Israeli hostages file war crimes complaint against Hamas in The Hague

Families of Israeli hostages held by Hamas have taken a significant step in their pursuit of justice by filing a war crimes complaint against the terror organization at the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague. This bold move, led by the Hostages and Missing Families Forum, marks a pivotal moment in the ongoing struggle to hold Hamas accountable for its brutal actions.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1319916-families-of-israeli-hostages-file-war-crimes-complaint-against-hamas-in-the-hague

The ICC can only investigate and prosecute “natural persons” who are over the age of 18. The ICC cannot investigate or prosecute governments, corporations, political parties, or rebel movements, but may investigate individuals who are members of groups.

ICC link source

Thanks for the clarification - I concede that point.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Lets keep it to the present day , rather than alleged historical happenings from 100 years ago

Okay, let's keep it to the "present day." 

In that case, Israel has no justification for what it's doing right now or threatening to do in Gaza. Hamas has done nothing to provoke that today. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Okay, let's keep it to the "present day." 

In that case, Israel has no justification for what it's doing right now or threatening to do in Gaza. Hamas has done nothing to provoke that today. 

You keep forgetting why this is still ongoing. The hostages that Hamas has this "present day"

58 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Yes. It was certainly people like you who think Israel can do nothing wrong, is the God-given owners of the land in question, and that Palestinian Arabs are like vermin that have to be eliminated. That is indeed the cause of this at least 85-year-long conflict.

Well Smart , I don't think that Israel can do no wrong , I don't think that God gave the land to Israelis and I don't think that Palestinian Arabs are like vermin and I don't think that they need to be eliminated and we are talking about the current war .

So as usual, you are completely wrong about everything 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Israel can secure the return of the hostages anytime they want. They just need to negotiate a ceasefire, "permanent" I think is now what Hamas is demanding, and probably some other things, and then the hostages will be returned. What I think we'll find out, however, is that there are not 130+ live hostages, but some number less than that. And that might be a lot less than that. 😞 But that number will do nothing but go down the longer Israel and Hamas do not reach an agreement. 

Considering the crime that Hamas started on the 7/10 whilst many of the Palestinian people cheered with glee at the attrocities that had just been committed, I don't think that the Hamas terrorists are in a position to demand anything.

But it is easy to spot an antisemite, they demand a ceasefire without demanding the release of all the hostages!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Let's not forget that Jews and Arabs lived together peacefully before 1948 when zionists decided to try and ethnically cleanse Palestine to create their own homeland ( it's all documented and well known ). If they are having a spot of bother with the neighbours they should look at their own behaviour and stop being a bully.

Not too different to how your great great grandparents treated the Maoris in New Zealand

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Well Smart , I don't think that Israel can do no wrong , I don't think that God gave the land to Israelis and I don't think that Palestinian Arabs are like vermin and I don't think that they need to be eliminated and we are talking about the current war .

So as usual, you are completely wrong about everything 

Why, then, do you always blame the Palestinians for everything and never the Israelis? Why, then, do you think Israel is entitled to own and control all the land in question. Why, then, do you support the IDF's bombing and proposed invasion of Gaza? What reason do you have for all of that other than the ones I proposed? 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Israel can secure the return of the hostages anytime they want. They just need to negotiate a ceasefire, "permanent" I think is now what Hamas is demanding, and probably some other things, and then the hostages will be returned. What I think we'll find out, however, is that there are not 130+ live hostages, but some number less than that. And that might be a lot less than that. 😞 But that number will do nothing but go down the longer Israel and Hamas do not reach an agreement. 

In other words Israel can surrender and say Hamas has won? Because that is what Hamas is asking for. A full ceasefire and withdrawal of all troops before any hostages have been released. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Israel can secure the return of the hostages anytime they want. They just need to negotiate a ceasefire, "permanent" I think is now what Hamas is demanding, 

Is that just what you think that Hamas want , what you think they probably want ?

But you don't actually know what Hamas are demanding , its just what you think .

You just made it up 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

In other words Israel can surrender and say Hamas has won? Because that is what Hamas is asking for. A full ceasefire and withdrawal of all troops before any hostages have been released. 

A full and permanent withdrawal of troops, return of all of the prisoners as demanded before any hostages are released would seem reasonable to my mind. That action would obviously result in no further deaths from this conflict. No other conditions would in the longer term. Further terrorist attacks are inevitble now, no matter how this ends. Assertions that Palestinians could or should turn against Hamas at this time are Zionist propaganda, not realpolitik.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Considering the crime that Hamas started on the 7/10 whilst many of the Palestinian people cheered with glee at the attrocities that had just been committed, I don't think that the Hamas terrorists are in a position to demand anything.

But it is easy to spot an antisemite, they demand a ceasefire without demanding the release of all the hostages!

Guess what? This conflict did not start on Oct 7. That is just the second-most recent atrocity that has occurred in this at least 85-year-long conflict. When will you accept that? I just don't understand your inability or unwillingness to acknowledge the history behind this conflict.

It's not easy to spot an antisemite. Many are very good at concealing their hatred of some of the Semite people. 

I have never demanded a ceasefire without also recommending a reciprocal release of hostages. Many of "you" do demand a return of hostages without a ceasefire. But now that you mention it, I believe if Israel did implement a ceasefire, Hamas would return hostages. And if that ceasefire was promised (with assurances of a 3rd party) to be permanent, I believe Hamas would gladly release all of the hostages. 

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

Why, then, do you always blame the Palestinians for everything and never the Israelis? Why, then, do you think Israel is entitled to own and control all the land in question. Why, then, do you support the IDF's bombing and proposed invasion of Gaza? What reason do you have for all of that other than the ones I proposed? 

Palestinians are the cause of this war , they attacked Israel on Oct 7 th

That is an undeniable fact .

I don't blame Israel for participated in a war started by Palestinians .

Due to the security threat to Israel , terrorists need to be removed from Gaza .

Palestinians need to stop attacking Israel and it seems that the only way to do that is to remove them from the land 

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

A full and permanent withdrawal of troops, return of all of the prisoners as demanded before any hostages are released would seem reasonable to my mind. That action would obviously result in no further deaths from this conflict. No other conditions would in the longer term. Further terrorist attacks are inevitble now, no matter how this ends. Assertions that Palestinians could or should turn against Hamas at this time are Zionist propaganda, not realpolitik.

Delusional

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Not too different to how your great great grandparents treated the Maoris in New Zealand

Yes! Or how my forefathers treated the indigenous American Indians. You seem to think that was wrong. I agree. But now you don't seem to think what Israel is doing is wrong. Why is that? 

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Guess what? This conflict did not start on Oct 7. That is just the second-most recent atrocity that has occurred in this at least 85-year-long conflict.

Honestly ,  really .

Are you saying that there has been conflict between Israel and Arabs in the past ?

Well I never , learn something new everyday

How did you find out about this .

Thanks for bringing that info to the table 

*Sarcasm*

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes, if they want the hostages back. But, they don't have to say "Hamas has won." They have already bombed and killed 10s of thousands of Palestinians. I don't think Hamas would call that "winning." I do think BOTH sides could "win" if they sat down and worked out a two-state solution. But, that's  probably wishing for way too much, especially right now. 

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Honestly ,  really .

Are you saying that there has been conflict between Israel and Arabs in the past ?

Well I never , learn something new everyday

How did you find out about this .

Thanks for bringing that info to the table 

*Sarcasm*

His point is the abject denial that this recent history was consequential to current events.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Yes! Or how my forefathers treated the indigenous American Indians. You seem to think that was wrong. I agree. But now you don't seem to think what Israel is doing is wrong. Why is that? 

There's an American , an Australian and a New Zealander all shouting  from the roof tops about White people settling on non White peoples land and how they should give the land back  to the natives .

Is there something Freudian going on here ?

Some psychological reason for their shouting about Israel ?