Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Of course, it doesn't matter where the human shields came from, or who put them there, they should not be killed. Jeez, what's the point of having human shields otherwise. Israel are the only country that I know of, well maybe Syria that have no problem slaughtering innocent kids and women used as shields as they don't believe them to be human. 

How can anyone in their right mind say otherwise? The whole world, bar Israel fundamentalists agree that it is wrong. 

What you're doing basically is creating toxic Jew hating pro Hamas propaganda.

How can anyone in their right mind say otherwise?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Of course, it doesn't matter where the human shields came from, or who put them there, they should not be killed. Jeez, what's the point of having human shields otherwise. Israel are the only country that I know of, well maybe Syria that have no problem slaughtering innocent kids and women used as shields as they don't believe them to be human. 

How can anyone in their right mind say otherwise? The whole world, bar Israel fundamentalists agree that it is wrong. 

And how can "anyone in their right mind" blame Israel for the actions of Hamas (rhetorical question) as I know already the reason.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

To comply with international humanitarian law

Can you tell me what they are not complying with?

The Lawful Killing of Civilians Under International Humanitarian Law

https://www.e-ir.info/2022/05/27/the-lawful-killing-of-civilians-under-international-humanitarian-law

https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/en/customary-ihl/v1/rule14

I will let Human Rights Watch do the explaining. Please read this attentively and pay special attention to section "Violations of International Humanitarian Law":

Israeli Forces’ Conduct in Gaza

Oxfam and Human Rights Watch have observed or documented that the Israeli authorities have carried out indiscriminate and disproportionate attacks in violation of international humanitarian law following the Hamas-led October 7 attacks in Israel, imposed collective punishments on the civilian population, deprived the civilian population of objects indispensable to its survival, and used starvation of civilians as a weapon of war. These are all grave violations of the Fourth Geneva Convention and customary international humanitarian law. The vast majority of Gaza’s population has also been forced to flee their homes, many as a result of Israeli actions that amount to war crimes.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2024/03/19/israeli-forces-conduct-gaza#:~:text=International humanitarian law prohibits parties,population and ensure that the

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Antony Blinken – The Man Responsible For Genocide In Gaza

https://www.palestinechronicle.com/antony-blinken-the-man-responsible-for-genocide-in-gaza/

Opinion written by Robert Inlakesh who was today spreading false claims of IDF mass raping civilians at Shifa hospital that have even now been debunked by Al Jazeera after they were also spreading them

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, rattlesnake said:

I will let Human Rights Watch do the explaining. Please read this attentively and pay special attention to section "Violations of International Humanitarian Law":

Israeli Forces’ Conduct in Gaza

Oxfam and Human Rights Watch have observed or documented that the Israeli authorities have carried out indiscriminate and disproportionate attacks in violation of international humanitarian law following the Hamas-led October 7 attacks in Israel, imposed collective punishments on the civilian population, deprived the civilian population of objects indispensable to its survival, and used starvation of civilians as a weapon of war. These are all grave violations of the Fourth Geneva Convention and customary international humanitarian law. The vast majority of Gaza’s population has also been forced to flee their homes, many as a result of Israeli actions that amount to war crimes.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2024/03/19/israeli-forces-conduct-gaza#:~:text=International humanitarian law prohibits parties,population and ensure that the

Deflection, there is no rule on the numbers for proportionality, only a court can decide after looking at the evidence of each case. 

HRW’s Demonization, BDS, and Downplaying Antisemitism
Examining the Human Rights Watch Agenda Following the Hamas Pogrom Part 2

https://www.ngo-monitor.org/reports/hrws-demonization-bds-and-downplaying-antisemitism/

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:
21 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I'm not forgetting about them. Israel seems to have, except I've heard hints on CNN that a new proposal from Israel is being presented that would include the exchange of about 60 hostages for a ceasefire (how long, I don't know) and probably other things from both sides. We'll just have to wait and see if that's true, and if it is, what the details are and if Hamas agrees to it.

Yes you did, stop lying, they are nowhere in the post referenced

I don't even know what you're talking about. You accused me of forgetting about the hostages. I was responding that I haven't forgotten about them, and I've heard on CNN that they are part of a new proposal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Deflection, there is no rule on the numbers for proportionality, only a court can decide after looking at the evidence of each case. 

HRW’s Demonization, BDS, and Downplaying Antisemitism
Examining the Human Rights Watch Agenda Following the Hamas Pogrom Part 2

https://www.ngo-monitor.org/reports/hrws-demonization-bds-and-downplaying-antisemitism/

Your position is intenable.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I don't even know what you're talking about. You accused me of forgetting about the hostages. I was responding that I haven't forgotten about them, and I've heard on CNN that they are part of a new proposal. 

I don't even know what you're talking about.

whatever

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

You'd believe in fairies at the bottom of your garden if it meant you could blame Israel. Even your own link agreed this war started on 7/10. Stop being so disingenuous!

This conflict did NOT start on Oct 7, 2023! You can call that the start of a new "war," or you can, as I prefer, call that just the continuation of an 80-year-old war. It's a war to gain control of all the land in question. 

• Agree 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

This conflict did NOT start on Oct 7, 2023! You can call that the start of a new "war," or you can, as I prefer, call that just the continuation of an 80-year-old war. It's a war to gain control of all the land in question. 

Here we go, round and round and round.................:coffee1:

• Agree 1

Just now, rattlesnake said:

Your position is intenable.

That makes no sense, only a court can decide once all evidence is reviewed. Fact

Whistleblower from Human Rights Watch: “HRW has so little credibility for most Israelis they do not even trust it with their corpses“

When I joined Human Rights Watch over 13 years ago as senior editor, I did so with years of experience in journalism covering the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and time in academia.

But as the organization grew and its composition shifted, so too did the focus, tone, and framing of its Israel-Palestine work. Following the Hamas massacres in Israel on October 7, years of institutional creep culminated in organizational responses that shattered professionalism, abandoned principles of accuracy and fairness, and surrendered its duty to stand for the human rights of all.

https://unwatch.org/whistleblower-from-human-rights-watch-hrw-has-so-little-credibility-for-most-israelis-they-do-not-even-trust-it-with-their-corpses/

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Here we go, round and round and round.................:coffee1:

Yes! That's exactly what this is. That's exactly what Oct 7 was and now the IDF in Gaza are - Israel and Palestine just going around and around... 

Edited by WDSmart
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

Yes! That's exactly what this is. That's exactly what Oct 7 was and now the IDF in Gaza are - Israel and Palestine just going around and around... 

On this thread it is just you, you still don't understand why Gaza has been invaded.........:saai:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

No, Oct 7th was the worst massacre of Jews since the Holocaust. Israel will not let this happen again. You are dreaming

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No, Oct 7th was the worst massacre of Jews since the Holocaust. Israel will not let this happen again. You are dreaming

Well, I don't know about the numbers and how they compare with other massacres of Jews, but I will say that the massacre of Palestinians in Gaza also has to rank up there as one of the worst massacres. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Your preferences are of no interest to right minded posters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Well, I don't know about the numbers and how they compare with other massacres of Jews, but I will say that the massacre of Palestinians in Gaza also has to rank up there as one of the worst massacres. 

Well, I don't know about the numbers and how they compare with other massacres of Jews

The Jews do, that's why they will not let this happen again, no circles here

It was the worst atrocity committed against the Jewish people in a single day since the Holocaust

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2024/01/26/statement-from-president-joe-biden-international-holocaust-remembrance-day-statement-2024/

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well, I don't know about the numbers and how they compare with other massacres of Jews

The Jews do, that's why they will not let this happen again, no circles here

The last number I saw on these two was six million in WWII and 1,200 on Oct 7. Are you telling me there's never been any series of events that has caused a loss of Jewish life more than 1,200 since WWII? That's hard for me to believe. But, still, 1,200 is a lot.

Of course, the death toll now in Gaza is about 30,000... 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

The last number I saw on these two was six million in WWII and 1,200 on Oct 7. Are you telling me there's never been any series of events that has caused a loss of Jewish life more than 1,200 since WWII? That's hard for me to believe. But, still, 1,200 is a lot.

Of course, the death toll now in Gaza is about 30,000... 

Are you telling me there's never been any series of events that has caused a loss of Jewish life more than 1,200 since WWII? That's hard for me to believe.

Yes I am telling you that, its a fact I don't care if you believe it or not. Hamas would have preferred much more though

Worst massacre of Jews since the Holocaust still not enough for some

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Nonsense, you are being irrational now. Where did I once post hate speech? Quote me. 

Sorry to burst your bubble but you applauded a post describing Israelis as Nazis.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I just saw on CNN that the Israeli proposal is an exchange of 40 hostages for 700 prisoners, but there was no mention of a ceasefire or any other conditions. And it was reported that they didn't expect to receive a response from Hamas in a couple of days.

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

I just saw on CNN that the Israeli proposal is an exchange of 40 hostages for 700 prisoners, but there was no mention of a ceasefire or any other conditions. And it was reported that they didn't expect to receive a response from Hamas in a couple of days.

as usual no parity

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Friday 22 March:

Unicef official tells of ‘utter annihilation’ after travelling length of Gaza

“The depth of the horror surpasses our ability to describe it,” said James Elder, a spokesperson with the United Nations Children’s Fund (Unicef).

[...]

“A military offensive in Rafah would be utterly catastrophic."

[...]

“Rafah is Gaza’s last hope and it is utterly bewildering that a conversation on a potential military operation is still continuing.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/22/unicef-official-utter-annihilation-gaza

Edited by rattlesnake
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

6 weeks first stage then possible extension based on further discussions

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Opinion written by Robert Inlakesh who was today spreading false claims of IDF mass raping civilians at Shifa hospital that have even now been debunked by Al Jazeera after they were also spreading them

Some more on this

Hamas, Al Jazeera admit: Story of IDF rapes in Gaza hospital fabricated

Although the Qatari mouthpiece has yet to officially refer to the retraction, all content related to the allegation has been deleted. After more than 24 hours of letting the story run freely, Qatari mouthpiece Al Jazeera deleted the page featuring their former story, which accused Israeli soldiers of allegedly perpetrating rape against women during the IDF’s latest excursion against Hamas and Islamic Jihad terrorists who barricaded themselves inside the former hospital-cum-terror headquarters at Shifa Hospital.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-793560

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2