Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

If the cap fits, wear it.

Very poor retort, once you have said something Jeff, unfortunately you can't unsay it. Just don't try and pretend you are unbiased because you are anything but! 

• Like 2

Colombia to sever ties after months of panning Israel as ‘genocidal’
Colombian President Gustavo Petro said Wednesday his country will cut diplomatic ties with Israel, describing the country’s leader as “genocidal” over the war against the Hamas terror group in Gaza.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/colombia-to-sever-ties-after-months-of-panning-israel-as-genocidal/

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

There are a lot of pro Israeli people ignorant of all the illegally detained Palestinians. They just focus on the Israeli prisoners/hostages. 

You're worse than I thought, these kidnapped people are hostages and they are not just Israeli, there are Thai, US, many other nationalities. The deal also would have hundreds of Palestinian prisoners released in exchange for just 30 or so of the most vulnerable hostages as well as a ceasefire, surge in humanitarian aid to Gaza. The terrorists Hamas are holding this up and you are a vile apologist for them.

image.png.1ca9432d9b4625ca09838c1e42a9181d.png

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Top ministers huddle as Israel expects Hamas to decline latest hostage deal offer

As the war cabinet convened on Thursday evening, an Israeli official told The Times of Israel that the assumption among the country’s leadership is that Hamas will officially reject the latest offer for a hostage and truce deal.

As Israel awaited a formal reply to what United States Secretary of State Antony Blinken has called its “extraordinarily generous” hostage-truce offer, Channel 12 news cited unnamed Hamas sources saying that Sinwar has three specific demands that the Egyptian mediators are currently trying to resolve, including with US assistance.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/top-ministers-huddle-as-israel-expects-hamas-to-decline-latest-hostage-deal-offer/

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I saw that on Al Jazeera, and I hope many other countries follow suit. Apparently Turkey has stopped trade with israel. it's just a wave now, but hopefully it becomes a tidal wave that sweeps israel out of the illegally occupied territories and Gaza, and the Palestinians get their independent state.

https://apnews.com/article/turkey-halts-imports-exports-israel-87b65ba6211274ceed70cba8bc5e831f

and the Palestinians get their independent state.

WH NSA Spokesperson John Kirby. "There's not going to be an independent Palestinian state, with Hamas in control of Gaza. Can't happen. If they really cared about the Palestinian people...they'd lay down their arms, they'd step aside and they'd release the hostages."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Colombian President Gustavo Petro said Wednesday his country will cut diplomatic ties with Israel, describing the country’s leader as “genocidal” over the war against the Hamas terror group in Gaza.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/colombia-to-sever-ties-after-months-of-panning-israel-as-genocidal/

The good thing about fanatics is that they are easy to read. Netanyahu has reiterated that he is going into Rafah, deal or not, and Blinken has no choice but to publicly voice disapproval.

I saw yesterday on the news that Saudi Arabia is apparently pushing for a deal without Israel in order to move towards a Palestinian state.

Riyadh seeks more modest agreement with Washington in absence of Gaza ceasefire and Netanyahu resistance to Palestinian state

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/may/01/saudi-us-biden-deal-israel

5 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

The good thing about fanatics is that they are easy to read. Netanyahu has reiterated that he is going into Rafah, deal or not, and Blinken has no choice but to publicly voice disapproval.

I saw yesterday on the news that Saudi Arabia is apparently pushing for a deal without Israel in order to move towards a Palestinian state.

Riyadh seeks more modest agreement with Washington in absence of Gaza ceasefire and Netanyahu resistance to Palestinian state

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/may/01/saudi-us-biden-deal-israel

Fanatics are very easy to read. That's why nobody trusts Hamas with any deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Fanatics are very easy to read. That's why nobody trusts Hamas with any deal.

Indeed, Israel's monster Hamas has backfired into its face.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, rattlesnake said:

Indeed, Israel's monster Hamas has backfired into its face.

Well I could go into complex issue with you but it would be on the historical topic not this one. 

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well I could go into complex issue with you but it would be on the historical topic not this one. 

Right, the pro-Hamas crowd wants to blame Israel for Hamas. 

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

And the (we agree) monster need to be killed, yes? 

Not at the cost of thousands of innocent lives, causing billions of dollars' worth of damage in the process.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Right, the pro-Hamas crowd wants to blame Israel for Hamas. 

Please explain who the "pro-Hamas crowd" are.

Edited by rattlesnake
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Petro, ex guerrilla terrorist himself. What else would he do?

22 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Of course I'm anti-Israel, most of the world is! 

Another toxic hate speech statement.

You're anti-Israel are you?
What is that supposed to mean?

I take it as not supporting the right of Israel to exist or defend itself.

Similar to the type of hater who spits out the phrase Zionist Jews as if it's a curse word.

Why didn't you say anti Israeli government policies, anti Netanyahu, etc.

You've included everything of Israel. All of it's people. The totality of the very nation's existence. 

It's another sign of your extremist obsession.

I personally oppose the regimes of Iran and Russia, etc.

That doesn't mean I'm anti Iran or anti Russia or that I hate all Iranians or all Russians.

You really can't help yourself. If you're trying to hide where you're coming from, maybe you're not, you have failed.

24 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Not at the cost of thousands of innocent lives, causing billions of dollars' worth of damage in the process.

Why? We agree it is a monster yes? 

What should Israel do, surrender? 

27 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Why? We agree it is a monster yes? 

What should Israel do, surrender? 

"What should Israel do…"

To begin with, pubicly state that it agrees to a two-state solution, then act upon it.

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Another toxic hate speech statement.

You're anti-Israel are you?
What is that supposed to mean?

I take it as not supporting the right of Israel to exist or defend itself.

Similar to the type of hater who spits out the phrase Zionist Jews as if it's a curse word.

Why didn't you say anti Israeli government policies, anti Netanyahu, etc.

You've included everything of Israel. All of it's people. The totality of the very nation's existence. 

It's another sign of your extremist obsession.

I personally oppose the regimes of Iran and Russia, etc.

That doesn't mean I'm anti Iran or anti Russia or that I hate all Iranians or all Russians.

You really can't help yourself. If you're trying to hide where you're coming from, maybe you're not, you have failed.

I was replying to you saying I was ant-Israel! 

Nothing hateful from me, I've got nothing against normal Israelis.

It's obvious, to those without a persecution complex, that I meant the government and Netanyahu's Genocide. 

You try to bring everything that I say round to religion -  I assure you it has NOTHING to do with Netanyahu's religion or any other of the Israeli government/army. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

"What should Israel do…"

To begin with, pubicly state that it agrees to a two-state solution, then act upon it.

So, they should reward Hamas?

Who would govern Gaza? 

Israel has proposed two-state solutions any number of time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

So, they should reward Hamas?

Who would govern Gaza? 

Israel has proposed two-state solutions any number of time. 

"Israel has proposed two-state solutions any number of time."

When? Please be specific.

7 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

"Israel has proposed two-state solutions any number of time."

When? Please be specific.