Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

The two state solution is deader than a doornail now anyway.

And Palestine does not want a two-state solution, they want "river to the sea" and nothing else is acceptable to them. 

Sure, they'll pretend to want it, they'll pretend anything to get a ceasefire and to keep Hamas in place. 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

And Palestine does not want a two-state solution, they want "river to the sea" and nothing else is acceptable to them. 

Sure, they'll pretend to want it, they'll pretend anything to get a ceasefire and to keep Hamas in place. 

I totally agree.

Neither side trusts each other and now it's worse than it's ever been.

Not that I know the answer, but two states is NOT happening. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I totally agree.

Neither side trusts each other and now it's worse than it's ever been.

Not that I know the answer, but two states is NOT happening. 

The answer is the eradication of Hamas and an Israeli occupation indefinitely.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Palestinians cannot be trusted with their own state , they will attack Israel every chance they get 

Of course they will and a full blown state with the backing of Iran can get rather easily get to the point of actually being able to erase Israel.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The answer is the eradication of Hamas and an Israeli occupation indefinitely.  

The campus campers are not gonna like that!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The two state solution is deader than a doornail now anyway.

In politics, anything can be done or undone if there is the will to do so.

51 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Okay so 1993, Oslo Accords.

Before they could be applied, Rabin was assassinated by an extremist whose ideas were aligned with the Likud and the Netanyahu faction then took over. Their leitmotiv is to never ever accept a two-state solution.

Greater Israel, from the Euphrates to the Nile. As Ben Gurion told his son in a letter in 1937, partition would be a first step to “possession of the land as a whole.”

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

In politics, anything can be done or undone if there is the will to do so.

The problem is there is NOT the will -- on EITHER side.

Next 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

The problem is there is NOT the will -- on EITHER side.

Next 

Apologies, I misread your comment in my above response, I thought you said "it is not about the will".

There was the will on the Palestinian side in the 90s, from the PLO, which was weakened and replaced by the radical Hamas. Who was pulling the strings?

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Apologies, I misread your comment in my above response, I thought you said "it is not about the will".

There was the will on the Palestinian side in the 90s, from the PLO, which was weakened and replaced by the radical Hamas. Who was pulling the strings?

But not in:

1 minute ago, rattlesnake said:

You need to be more specific than a list of years.

To what end? Your mind is made up, if you wanted to know you would. 

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

To what end? Your mind is made up, if you wanted to know you would. 

I know the topic very well, from the late 19th century to the present day, and the notion that Israel offered a two-state solution in 2000, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2020 is new to me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, rattlesnake said:

I know the topic very well, from the late 19th century to the present day, and the notion that Israel offered a two-state solution in 2000, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2020 is new to me.

Then you do not know the topic as well as you think. Of course, you'll have to look further that Al-jazeera 

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Then you do not know the topic as well as you think. Of course, you'll have to look further that Al-jazeera 

You're evading the topic because you can't back up your claim.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Back to the here and now and the topic at hand. The full details of the proposed ceasefire agreement are published. The one everyone is waiting on Hamas to reply to, in the link below.

A Lebanese media outlet published on May 1 the purported text of the Egyptian-proposed ceasefire agreement that Hamas is considering.[i] The reported proposal addresses all of Hamas’ maximalist demands except for a permanent ceasefire.[ii] Hamas would not likely adhere to a permanent ceasefire, however, given that Hamas has violated previous ceasefires and that Hamas remains committed to destroying Israel.[iii]

https://www.criticalthreats.org/analysis/iran-update-may-2-2024

Absolutely need a deadline on this otherwise Hamas will just carry on dragging it as it has since it broke the last deal end of Nov last year!

Hamas Must Strike Deal Within Week or Rafah Ground Offensive Will go ahead with a ground operation, Egyptian officials involved in ongoing negotiations said on May 2. The current proposal — drafted by the United States and Egypt and accepted by Israel — is awaiting approval from Hamas’s Gaza chief, Yahya Sinwar.

Hamas said on May 3 that it is sending a delegation to Egypt to review the deal “as soon as possible” and is expected to arrive in Cairo on May 4. CIA director Bill Burns, who is leading Washington’s effort, has already arrived. According to The Washington Post, Hamas political chief Ismail Haniyeh told Egyptian Intelligence Minister Maj. Gen. Abbas Kamel that the deliberations were moving forward with a “positive spirit.” Hamas is demanding that Israel fully withdraw from Gaza and permanently end the war. During his most recent visit to the region on May 1, Secretary of State Antony Blinken said that the “only reason that [this ceasefire] wouldn’t be achieved is because of Hamas.”

https://www.fdd.org/analysis/2024/05/03/hamas-must-strike-deal-within-week-or-rafah-ground-offensive-will-begin-israel-signals/

Parts of Gaza Are in Famine, World Food Program Chief Says

The director of the World Food Program, Cindy McCain, says that parts of the Gaza Strip are experiencing a “full-blown famine” that is rapidly spreading throughout the territory after almost seven months of war.

Ms. McCain is the second high-profile American leading a U.S. government or U.N. aid effort who has said that there is famine in northern Gaza, although her remarks do not constitute an official declaration, which is a complex bureaucratic process.

“There is famine — full-blown famine in the north, and it’s moving its way south,” Ms. McCain said in excerpts released on Friday of an interview with “Meet the Press.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/04/world/middleeast/cindy-mccain-gaza-famine.html

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The director of the World Food Program, Cindy McCain, says that parts of the Gaza Strip are experiencing a “full-blown famine” that is rapidly spreading throughout the territory after almost seven months of war.

Ms. McCain is the second high-profile American leading a U.S. government or U.N. aid effort who has said that there is famine in northern Gaza, although her remarks do not constitute an official declaration, which is a complex bureaucratic process.

“There is famine — full-blown famine in the north, and it’s moving its way south,” Ms. McCain said in excerpts released on Friday of an interview with “Meet the Press.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/04/world/middleeast/cindy-mccain-gaza-famine.html

Wow, seven months without food and water, one would think they'd have given up those hostages by now. 

Hey, maybe when Biden's plan to bring the Palestinian to US gets going, he'll bring the hungriest ones first. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Behind a paywall :

WELCOME OFFER
Enjoy unlimited access for $1 a month your first 6 months.

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Wow, seven months without food and water, one would think they'd have given up those hostages by now. 

Hey, maybe when Biden's plan to bring the Palestinian to US gets going, he'll bring the hungriest ones first. 

"Here's your hostages back"

5 Ways Home Depot's Skeleton May Bone Up Long-Term Sales

"Sorry, we were hungry" 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You should stop posting links which are behind paywalls .

He can't think for himself, he has to post a link to something. 

Edited by Yellowtail