My wife is getting fat.

On 3/8/2024 at 8:44 PM, advancebooking said:

Have been married for 10 yrs. We have a daughter and so glad to have this experience in life, living the dream here etc.

When I married my wife she was slim. Her body was tight. Even after giving birth she stayed in shape. For example, she still had that gap between her upper inner thighs when standing up. 

Now 10 yrs on and she is getting rather large in the lower half of the body. 

Last night my child ran downstairs at 6pm to get mummies grab delivery. I inspected and found it was a sugary chocolate looking drink with round jelly balls floating inside. I was thinking what the hell. I go upstairs and she is drinking it and eating 2 min noodles from the original packaging that one can buy at the supermarket (full of palm oil and MSG). She wasnt eating my dinner that I cooked for us all. Grilled steak, roast potato/ pumpkin, steamed carrots and coccus. Cherry tomatoes on the side. 

Later that night I had to chat with her. No more sugar for a month etc. No more sugar drinks. 

It seems she doesnt respect her body anymore and this concerns me. 

I noticed when I purchased some strawberries at the market recently,  they include a small bag of sugar with each punnet. If one orders food from some restaurants using grab they often give a free bottle of coke with the delivery. Eat out at restaurants and the chefs add sugar to the food all the time. 

It might come to the point where Im not attracted to my wife anymore the way things are going. Ive never really been into big girls. Whats going to happen in another 10 yrs if she doesnt care about her bod. 

Thoughts?

Does she tell you what to eat, if not don't command here what to do too.

Do you still look the same as 10 years ago, hair, weight, agility and other features? What about in 10 years time?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

beginning of radical feminism

Na, it was from 1987 when the stuff you described was well underway.  I've never heard a woman react negatively to this interview or to Mr. Connery. 

On 3/10/2024 at 2:05 PM, khunPer said:

Actually our bodies is rather designed to digest plant food – or a combination – if you listen to science; meat eaters have a more simple stomach and colon-system. Humans have eaten carbon hydrate long before the so-called obesity pandemic. And I also clearly say that carbon hydrate cause obesity for some or numerous – it might be depending on blood sugar, as some studies show – but science has so far no clear explanation about what cause that huge level of obesity we've seen during the last 50 years or so. Your body seems to be one that gain weight from carbon hydrate, but we are not all the same.

The fattest mammal animals on the planet eat grass (mainly a carbohydrate). Humans lost the extra organ/stomach for processing grass a long time ago (appendix).  Grass is maize and wheat and corn and rice etc etc. Avoid all foods that are basically made from grass and grass derivatives (cakes, bicuits, sweets, coke, sweet drinks, etc. etc) - basically all treats and most of what is sold in supermarkets. Stick to a high protein diet and avoid all snack foods - they are mostly made from grass and grass derivatives.  Humans get fat eating grass products - fast foods are full of  grass related carbohydrates, fats and SFA proteins (lots of grass related products). The biggest crops on the planet are sugar cane, maize, rice, corn and wheat - all grass related - avoid them and all things made from them.  Eat Proteins (meats) and Vegtables and Fruits - as much as you like that is cooked naturally (not fatty oils) and moderate Dairy inputs (too fatty) - but just dont eat grass. Coke is mainly sugar cane etc - liquid grass in a highly digestible form - it quickly turns to stored fat when not used by the body.

Edited by TroubleandGrumpy

On 3/9/2024 at 2:54 PM, Hamus Yaigh said:

Just tell her to walk around with a wider gait or the marriage is over. Lets hope the kids understand.

You want see that gap again, get her sat in a saddle, the bow legs are an unfortunate side effect (Unforeseen consequence)

On 3/10/2024 at 1:01 PM, spidermike007 said:

I get out a lot, perhaps I've just simply had the good fortune to meet a higher class of expats then you have. There are some pretty serious guys here who are accomplished, successful, smart, and lead well-balanced lives, but it takes a certain amount of good fortune to encounter them and befriend them. 

And very few of them are hanging out at the bars on a regular basis. 

but it takes a certain amount of good fortune to encounter  be them.

On 3/8/2024 at 8:44 PM, advancebooking said:

...she still had that gap between her upper inner thighs when standing up ...

That's a rather bizarre metric for measuring anything meaningful. What's the significance of it?

On 3/11/2024 at 10:16 AM, FritsSikkink said:

Does she tell you what to eat, if not don't command here what to do too.

Do you still look the same as 10 years ago, hair, weight, agility and other features? What about in 10 years time?

Give up the drink you angry old bass

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/9/2024 at 8:23 AM, Old Croc said:

Why on earth are you the cook?

One of the reasons I married a Thai was to avoid these tiresome household chores that Thai woman still regard as their territory!

But seriously, some observations.

Most Thais I know wouldn't touch that western style meal you expect her to enjoy. They much prefer their traditional rice and spice themed dishes. She is probably binge eating separately.

Thais consume more sugar in their food than most other cultures (US is one major exception) They either over sweeten or over salt most of their food with little thought of the health risks. Liver, kidney disease and cancer are rife in Thailand. 

I think this diet catches up with many as they age. Most of the older women I see in my part of Thailand are spreading.  It's disappointing to see, they should retain their youthful figures in the same way as we western men! 

My wife is the main breadwinner in the family.  Im the house husband and taxi driver for my kid

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/9/2024 at 7:18 PM, Moonlover said:

You cooked this for her, she didn't eat it and you're surprised! My Thai wife certainly wouldn't thank you for it either.

Wake up man, this is Thailand. That's just about the most boring meal you could place before a Thai, or me for that matter.

Anyway, it's been almost 24 hours since you posted and there've been 73 responses. How come we haven't heard a single word from you since your original post? I'm beginning to think all this is all a wind up.

What do you care if I reply or not you control freak. Get a life

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, advancebooking said:

My wife is the main breadwinner in the family.  Im the house husband and taxi driver for my kid

My first para was jocular, as indicated by my follow-up words "But seriously,"

• 1 month later...