Recent Physical at BPH

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Please select your answer from the following.

1 ) Because he could.

2 ) Because he could afford it.

3 ) Because his insurance was paying for it.

4 ) Because it's none of your business.

5 ) All of the above.

I get your sentiment but this is a discussion forum and any OP should know that whatever they choose to disclose will be open for discussion with a lot of varying viewpoints being introduced.

I get as annoyed as any about the nitpicking "Overpay Police" who patrol here, ready to pounce on any infraction of their niggardly principals but that's what open forums are about.

57 minutes ago, dddave said:

I get your sentiment but this is a discussion forum and any OP should know that whatever they choose to disclose will be open for discussion with a lot of varying viewpoints being introduced.

I get as annoyed as any about the nitpicking "Overpay Police" who patrol here, ready to pounce on any infraction of their niggardly principals but that's what open forums are about.

Overpay Police hardly, OP mentioned 24K in his opening sentence, seemed to be a focus point! 

5 hours ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

As usual, you tend to get what you pay for, but I also know that private hospitals are money-making operations, and will charge whatever the market is willing to pay.

I recently had a similar experience at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, and I got the full VIP treatment. Superb! My own dedicated nurse to take me around, a wheelchair for transport (I could have walked, but they insisted, so why not?), my own huge private suite on the top floor with great view, Nespresso machine, snacks and totally quiet.

The doctor came up to the suite to go through the results, and she had as much time as I wanted to discuss (which was a lot). But of course, I paid for it. A bit like business class on an aircraft. You get to the same place on tourist class, but if you feel it is worth it, business class is nicer in every way.

Near mirrors my 3 month stay at Phayatai in Sriracha.

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

The longest it has taken for my annual check up is 4 hours from registering to consultation, with 2 hours coffee break whilst waiting for blood test results.

Which public hospital was that ?

You know, if I was living life with a low budget, I'd be shopping around as well. I don't judge the poor folks. I just had my best friend have his prostate removed because of cancer. It forking happens.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

My US insurance covered 100% of physical. But, regardless I'd have no problem paying out of pocket. It's nice having money.

We heard you the first time.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Yeah you're right. I didn't shop around, I like the service at BPH. Did you have the physical done at discounted price?

Agree , on the service.Its very clean as well.

When I had my Rezum( prostate procedure )treatment visits, the  police make  the Soi one way when school lets out . For me that was a big issue. It took a hour to get back to my hotel

which ordinarily should of been a 3 minute  tuc tuc ride.

Hope everything tested good for you Evenkeel .

Edited by riclag
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I recently had the Executive Male Physical costing 24,000 baht. I just want to comment how easy and fast they make it. Start to finish about 3.5 hrs. The lady taking blood sample was an angel. My veins aren't as pronounced, so sometimes hard to draw blood. This older lady was a ninja, she got the vein first try, didn't feel a thing. Ultra sound on abdomen, stress test for artery blood flow, bone density. Then, a consultation with a doctor to talk about all the blood results as well as the other tests. Yeah, blood results came back in 3 hours. Just super impressive.

I've been getting my OGUK every 2 years at BPH every since they were issued a license. Before I had to travel to BKK. 

The system they have is rigorous, efficient and swift. 

I agree, very impressive. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

My US insurance covered 100% of physical. But, regardless I'd have no problem paying out of pocket. It's nice having money.

Yes , it is nice having money. IMO I have more of it because I shop around for good value.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Yes , it is nice having money. IMO I have more of it because I shop around for good value.

This is a Pattaya specific sort of post yet here you are commenting. When it comes to health I don't "shop around" I go where I like. 

9 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Same thing at Nauresun University Hospital in Phitsanulok costs less than Bht 5000 including PSA test (Bht 300), ECG, X-ray, u'sound, consultation with a nice doctor and prescriptions for my heart & prostate meds for 6 months. No stress test.

Why did you need an Executive Suite in which to be told your results?

Did I say I needed it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

Did I say I needed it?

Sorry, I should re-phrase and say  ' Why would anyone need an Executive Suite to be told their results' unless, of course, they had lots of money, which some of us do not.

Yes of course a Bentley will get you from A to B just as a Kia will. (Other cheaper cars are available, as are expensive ones)

Edited by KannikaP

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Sorry, I should re-phrase and say  ' Why would anyone need an Executive Suite to be told their results' unless, of course, they had lots of money, which some of us do not.

Yes of course a Bentley will get you from A to B just as a Kia will. (Other cheaper cars are available, as are expensive ones)

So you do understand and have answered your own question.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

This is a Pattaya specific sort of post yet here you are commenting. When it comes to health I don't "shop around" I go where I like. 

Tar and feather me, run me out of town on a rail.

If you wanted your thread to have comment from Pattaya denizens only, you should have stated that in your OP.

Thin-skinned much?

Edited by Lacessit

I appreciate the info in the post even though I'm not a Pattaya denizen.  I have had two experiences in Bangkok-Phuket hospital in the last few months and they both were excellent.  I couldn't recommend it more strongly.  Not cheap, but excellent value.