Northeast Thailand: Former boxer’s son kills father over farming dispute

webfact

image.jpeg

A former boxer’s son murdered his father yesterday in a fit of dissatisfaction over a farming dispute.

The son, after finding only two plots ploughed instead of the expected complete field for vegetable farming, locked his father’s neck and used a steel rod, typically carried by oxen, to stab him multiple times in the neck and abdomen, leading to the father’s death.

Deputy Inspector Ruengsak Sangkham of the Lam Plai Mat Police Station in Buriram Province reported receiving a call about a son assaulting his father, resulting in death. The police and medical officers, along with Police Colonel Watchirawit Wannathani, the Superintendent of Lam Plai Mat Police Station, rushed to the scene in Hin Kon village, Lam Plai Mat district.

Upon arrival, they discovered the body of the 60 year old man with several sharp force injuries. Witnesses confirmed that the perpetrator was the victim’s 30 year old son, who fled the scene on a motorcycle.

The investigation revealed that the son had asked his father to prepare the land for vegetable cultivation. However, due to fatigue, the father managed to plough only two plots, which angered the son, leading to the tragic outcome. The wife of the deceased noted that their son had previously suffered from mental health issues and had been treated at a hospital the year before. After returning home, he refused to continue his medication.

The village head of Moo 9 recounted that after the incident, the son showed no signs of remorse or panic, walking around calmly before riding away on his motorcycle in front of villagers who were trying to assist his dying father. The son, once a well-known boxer with the ring name David Kui, is now the subject of a manhunt, reported KhaoSod.

The authorities transported the father’s body to the hospital for further examination and are continuing their investigation in accordance with the law to apprehend the son.

by Top Top

Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

Source: The Thaiger 2024-03-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 8

31 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Son tells father to get the fields ploughed ,father is knackered ,cannot do it ,

so son loses it and kills him , so what was the son doing while his father was

doing the work , if only they would stop and think for a moment before losing

their mind ,they go off very easily , now he's never going to get the fields planted.....

regards worgeordie

blame something else of course....

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The son, after finding only two plots ploughed instead of the expected complete field for vegetable farming, locked his father’s neck and used a steel rod, typically carried by oxen, to stab him multiple times in the neck and abdomen, leading to the father’s death.

So who's going to finish the ploughing now?

• Like 2

Possible brain damage to the son caused by boxing?

Over time, the term “punch-drunk” was replaced by “dementia pugilistica” and eventually "chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE)." Its symptoms, depending on the sufferer, include slurred or garbled speech, unsteady gait, tremors, loss of analytical ability, memory loss, mood swings, irritability, confusion, depression, and erratic violent behavior.

https://www.boxingscene.com/damage-untold-story-brain-damage-boxing--157578

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Possible brain damage to the son caused by boxing?

Over time, the term “punch-drunk” was replaced by “dementia pugilistica” and eventually "chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE)." Its symptoms, depending on the sufferer, include slurred or garbled speech, unsteady gait, tremors, loss of analytical ability, memory loss, mood swings, irritability, confusion, depression, and erratic violent behavior.

https://www.boxingscene.com/damage-untold-story-brain-damage-boxing--157578

Not common in Muay Thai. Mostly body attacks. Unless he was a boxer.

Dad, I told you to listen to me. I do not like being disobeyed. I am a tough guy. You shouldn't have pushed me. Sometimes, I just can't control myself. Perhaps I went too far this time. Am I going to have to serve time in prison? Oops. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Dad, I told you to listen to me. I do not like being disobeyed. I am a tough guy. You shouldn't have pushed me. Sometimes, I just can't control myself. Perhaps I went too far this time. Am I going to have to serve time in prison? Oops. 

And I am not picking up the soap!

• Confused 1

When he finally gets caught and sent to prison he may end up in a cell with even a bigger tough guy. 

I guess the first conversation in his cell would likely go like this. 

Bigger tough guy:

OK so you're new here, I give all newbies a choice.  You wanna be mummy or daddy? 

Newbie:

(He thinks about it for a while and decides to take the least painful option)  I'll be daddy! 

Bigger tough guy:

OK,  come over here and suk on mommy's kok. 

• Haha 1