Justice Department investigating door plug blowout on Alaska Airlines flight, report says

Social Media

7 minutes ago, morrobay said:

IMG_20240619_165751.jpg.cc2cb571ff24eece3fe487490f46f65d.jpgGood news. And good luck getting the justice department to impose 24 billion fine. If the FAA had ability to take preventative action in doing their work maybe these crashes would not have happened. https://www.oig.dot.gov/library-item/39435

The FAA was too close up with Boeing. I see a major part of Boeing 's defense being ' the FAA was monitoring everything we did and allowed it'.

• Like 1

They are all to close: Boeing/military industrial complex, FAA, Justice Department. Revolving doors. So I hope I'm proven wrong, that is people going to prison for criminal negligence. 24 billion fine. We shall see . But is there actually a country in the world where these jerks would have been locked up by now? Albania?

Edited by morrobay

2 hours ago, morrobay said:

They are all to close: Boeing/military industrial complex, FAA, Justice Department. Revolving doors. So I hope I'm proven wrong, that is people going to prison for criminal negligence. 24 billion fine. We shall see . But is there actually a country in the world where these jerks would have been locked up by now? Albania?

The problem with a $ 24 billion fine is that 99% of the pain will be felt by innocent people who have Boeing stock in their retirement account and Boeing employees who had nothing to do with the crime.  Like the lunchroom ladies who will end up getting laid off, to meet next year's budget.

They need to prosecute the people who falsified records, the people who covered it up and the people who retaliated against whistleblowers.  And they need to claw back any bonuses related to the accounting shenanigans that gave the managers the incentive to misbehave.

12 minutes ago, impulse said:

The problem with a $ 24 billion fine is that 99% of the pain will be felt by innocent people who have Boeing stock in their retirement account and Boeing employees who had nothing to do with the crime.  Like the lunchroom ladies who will end up getting laid off, to meet next year's budget.

They need to prosecute the people who falsified records, the people who covered it up and the people who retaliated against whistleblowers.  And they need to claw back any bonuses related to the accounting shenanigans that gave the managers the incentive to misbehave.

Yes maybe start with prosecution of the clown that gave Boeing the deferred prosecution agreement, that prevented anything being done.

That will not fit your agenda, as it is against your cult hero.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, morrobay said:

As I said above.

“Yes maybe start with prosecution of the clown that gave Boeing the deferred prosecution agreement, that prevented anything being done.

That will not fit your agenda, as it is against your cult hero.”

It Is pointless trying to keep repeating the same opinions, about prosecution of individuals, and no matter how many times it is repeated it is not going to chance the facts and there is only one reality.

The Boeing deferred prosecution deal, ended all criminal investigations resulting from the Max 8 crashes, and was one of the most ill-conceived and widely criticised corporate criminal settlements in history and an extraordinary feat of corporate deal-making by Boeing in which the company effectively purchased an official government exoneration of the company’s executives in exchange for allowing the government to take credit for a bunch of money that the company was already going to pay anyway.

So before any more conspiracies and rants, answer the simple questions.

1. Who gave the deferred deal?

2. Why was the deal given?

Edited by Georgealbert

2 hours ago, impulse said:

So there will be no prosecutions for the above. Because of the DPA ? 

1 hour ago, Georgealbert said:

It Is pointless trying to keep repeating the same opinions, about prosecution of individuals, and no matter how many times it is repeated it is not going to chance the facts and there is only one reality.

So before any more conspiracies and rants, answer the simple questions.

So demanding those who were criminally negligent at Boeing be held  accountable - Are rants and conspiracy's ?.  And what in the world is this "agenda and cult hero " My agenda is accountability and that for sure applies to who gave the deferred deal and why was the deal given. So you tell me by answering your 1. and 2.

13 minutes ago, morrobay said:

So there will be no prosecutions for the above. Because of the DPA ? 

I was under the impression that the current investigations are to establish whether Boeing violated their side of the DPA, which would open them up to prosecution.  I don't know whether that extends to prosecuting individuals that were protected by the DPA.

If it does, that could explain why 2 perfectly healthy whistleblowers died under mysterious circumstances, right in the middle of testifying.

2 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

The Boeing deferred prosecution deal, ended all criminal investigations resulting from the Max 8 crashes, and was one of the most ill-conceived and widely criticised corporate criminal settlements in history and an extraordinary feat of corporate deal-making by Boeing in which the company effectively purchased an official government exoneration of the company’s executives in exchange for allowing the government to take credit for a bunch of money that the company was already going to pay anyway.

Wow.  That sounds like a wingnut conspiracy theory.  Welcome to the dark side.

10 minutes ago, morrobay said:

So demanding those who were criminally negligent at Boeing be held  accountable - Are rants and conspiracy's ?.  And what in the world is this "agenda and cult hero " My agenda is accountability and that for sure applies to who gave the deferred deal and why was the deal given. So you tell me by answering your 1. and 2.

Yes, the families took the case to court in Texas and were ruled against. I have provide you with the evidence that MCAS was not the cause of the Max 8, from the investigation reports.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/02/13/boeing-prosecution-737-crashes/

I show the facts, what I can’t do is get you to believe or understand those facts.

It becomes a rant, when you keep repeating your own opinion, as if you think it will change the facts. With the deferred deal the government dismissed all the charges and Boeing was immune from criminal prosecution.

Again trying not to admit the facts about who caused this mess.

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

55555 Your most ridiculous post so far.

How can reported facts be a conspiracy, are you trying to now say that Boeing never got a deferred deal or that deal never stop all possible prosecution?

8 minutes ago, impulse said:

I was under the impression that the current investigations are to establish whether Boeing violated their side of the DPA, which would open them up to prosecution.  I don't know whether that extends to prosecuting individuals that were protected by the DPA.

If it does, that could explain why 2 perfectly healthy whistleblowers died under mysterious circumstances, right in the middle of testifying.

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

Please provide a credible link to support your claims on the whistleblowers or it is just more conspiracy theory false information, which is against the forum rules.

July 7, we will learn what actions the Department of Justice is going to take.

i also notice you still will not admit who is responsible for causing this whole mess.

2 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

If it is determined that Boeing breached the DPA then it should be expected that criminal investigations will restart and immunity revoked. And for the second time can you answer 1. and 2. 

22 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Please provide a credible link to support your claims on the whistleblowers or it is just more conspiracy theory false information, which is against the forum rules.

July 7, we will learn what actions the Department of Justice is going to take.

i also notice you still will not admit who is responsible for causing this whole mess

So your implying Trump is responsible for this mess ??

2 minutes ago, morrobay said:

If it is determined that Boeing breached the DPA then it should be expected that criminal investigations will restart and immunity revoked. And for the second time can you answer 1. and 2. 

Look it up yourself, then try to explain to me why?

The DoJ will inform everyone on 7 July as to what is going to happen.

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

So your implying Trump is responsible for this mess ??

Yes

Yes

Yes

And not implying, just the facts. He gave the deferred prosecution deal.

You finally understand, he gave this as a parting thank you, 

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2024/may/08/facebook-posts/boeing-whistleblowers-died-of-infection-gunshot-wo/

One was a gunshot wound, the other a "fast moving infection".  Both were healthy.  Care to calculate the actuarials on that?  That 2 healthy Boeing whistleblowers would die under mysterious circumstances within days of testifying?

https://fortune.com/2024/05/02/boeing-whistleblower-dead-joshua-dean-45-sudden-severe-infection/

Another Boeing whistleblower is dead—this time a healthy 45-year-old who battled a sudden, severe infection

That one's behind a paywall, but the key words are "another" and "healthy".

Yes

Yes

Yes

And not implying, just facts. He gave the deferred prosecution deal.

You finally understand he gave this a parting, thank you, 

Strange.  I searched the DOJ article about the DPA and "Trump" came up with zero.  Perhaps that's because it was the same DOJ that did their dead level best to keep Trump from ever being in the White House again.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/boeing-charged-737-max-fraud-conspiracy-and-agrees-pay-over-25-billion

Can you provide a link to Trump's signature anywhere on the DPA?  If not, that's in violation of the forum rules.

On a serious note, can you provide any evidence that Boeing got any treatment that chemical companies, pharmaceutical companies and other nefarious companies haven't been enjoying for decades, through both Dem and Repub administrations?

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, impulse said:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2024/may/08/facebook-posts/boeing-whistleblowers-died-of-infection-gunshot-wo/

One was a gunshot wound, the other a "fast moving infection".  Both were healthy.  Care to calculate the actuarials on that?  That 2 healthy Boeing whistleblowers would die under mysterious circumstances within days of testifying?

https://fortune.com/2024/05/02/boeing-whistleblower-dead-joshua-dean-45-sudden-severe-infection/

Another Boeing whistleblower is dead—this time a healthy 45-year-old who battled a sudden, severe infection

That one's behind a paywall, but the key words are "another" and "healthy".

Some as expected, nothing.

The deaths have been ruled as suicide and natural death, by the authorities and all the details have been made public.

When you are so paranoid, you believe nothing other than your own conspiracies.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Strange.  I searched the DOJ article about the DPA and "Trump" came up with zero.  Perhaps that's because it was the same DOJ that did their dead level best to keep Trump from ever being in the White House again.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/boeing-charged-737-max-fraud-conspiracy-and-agrees-pay-over-25-billion

Can you provide a link to Trump's signature anywhere on the DPA?  If not, that's in violation of the forum rules.

On a serious note, can you provide any evidence that Boeing got any treatment that chemical companies, pharmaceutical companies and other nefarious companies haven't been enjoying for decades, through both Dem and Repub administrations?

More denying the facts. 

The agreement was announced just days before Trump left office, by his Republican administration, or are you telling me that Trump, as President, was not in charge of his own administration.555555.

I am out of this conversation, what is the point of trying to debate with 2 “Wing-nut”, conspiracy cultists, who deny the facts, only believe in their own opinions, and are blinded with tunnel vision caused by their on prejudices.

I will not offer further replies to you both, but will continue to post, real facts, not BS.

16 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

The agreement was announced just days before Trump left office, by his Republican administration, or are you telling me that Trump, as President, was not in charge of his own administration.

Wouldn't that mean that Biden is responsible for all the Trump cases being prosecuted by his administration, in spite of vehemently denying it?

You can't have it both ways...

On a matter closer to the OP topic, my apologies that it's an RT link, but the underlying WSJ article is blocked where I'm staying in China.

Boeing can’t find new CEO – WSJ

Several high-profile candidates have turned down offers to run aerospace giant, Boeing, The Wall Street Journal has reported, as the plane-maker faces scrutiny over multiple safety issues with its products.

https://www.rt.com/business/599553-boeing-cant-find-new-ceo/

Perhaps someone else can post a link to the WSJ article.  (Or debunk the RT article)

Edited by impulse
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

A bird strike may cause the cabin to fill with smoke.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/pilots-warned-smoke-could-penetrate-cabin-if-boeing-737-max-planes-have-a-bird-strike/7c95c19e-5faa-4e14-b031-6e3530265cda

And what does 'taking responsibility ' mean? Take the money and run?

Here is some further details of the Boeing alert. Seems that the pilots manual did not include details of new LRD technology (load reduction device) on the LEAP (leading edge aviation propulsion) engine, made by CFM International. The LEAP engine is used by both Boeing and Airbus A320.

Following the Boeing notice, the airline’s manuals were revised, to ensure pilots follow the correct checklist in this type of incident.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/airlines/2024/06/20/two-737-max-engine-incidents-at-southwest-airlines-causes-boeing-to-warn-pilots/

Edited by Georgealbert

3 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Here is some further details of the Boeing alert. Seems that the pilots manual did not include details of new LRD technology (load reduction device) on the LEAP (leading edge aviation propulsion) engine, made by CFM International. The LEAP engine is used by both Boeing and Airbus A320.

Following the Boeing notice, the airline’s manuals were revised, to ensure pilots follow the current checklist in this type of incident.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/airlines/2024/06/20/two-737-max-engine-incidents-at-southwest-airlines-causes-boeing-to-warn-pilots/

Yes, an update so pilots use the correct procedure, as pilots did in the 2 cases mentioned. 

That won't change 'a bird strike may cause the cabin to fill with smoke '.

23 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, an update so pilots use the correct procedure, as pilots did in the 2 cases mentioned. 

That won't change 'a bird strike may cause the cabin to fill with smoke '.

The report say “air from the left engine flows into the flight deck, from the right engine into the passenger cabin”, and the new guidance from Boeing now says that pilots should follow the checklist for ‘engine severe damage’ in these incidents.

“In that procedure, the pilot shuts down the engine and pulls a fire handle. This second step cuts the flow of air from the engine, closing off the source of the smoke.”

The airlines manuals did not have this information and the pilots lacked the knowledge on the LRD device, so potential to follow the wrong checklist.

The FAA are investigating where this lack of pilot information stems, was in from a Boeing issue or a training issue with the airlines.

Edited by Georgealbert