The fallout from Swissgate -- so much for tolerance

n00dle

42 minutes ago, Chongalulu said:

It's because you're not perceptive enough to see beyond what is put in front of you for your consumption 

My girlfriend is very perceptive, I put willy in front of her and willy disappears, shes good at consumption. 

Have you got a good girlfriend, who consumes?

I'd say not because you are too busy annoying people, get a life dude. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

20 hours ago, impulse said:

Not aimed at you specifically because I don't know you.  But be careful what you wish for, lest they start deporting people for paying women for sex and for dodging taxes.  Not to mention the guys who have to use visa agents, (not the ones who just choose to use them, the ones that have to).

If they enforced those with deportation, the ranks of foreigners would thin quite a bit.

Quite a bit???? A very very big bit. I would rather leave the country than trust any Thai bank with 800,000 Bt of my savings. They did not reduce

the 5 million Bt safety net to 1 Million for no good reason. It is obviously a "just in case" in the Thai governments mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

My girlfriend is very perceptive, I put willy in front of her and willy disappears, shes good at consumption. 

Have you got a good girlfriend, who consumes?

I'd say not because you are too busy annoying people, get a life dude. 

Thank you for confirming suspicions of the low level of your mentality ”dude” (sic) (another giveaway). To Sink to your level - your girlfriend does that because she closes her eyes and recalls the time it was mine during that time you were away. I'm glad to have helped you out in any way I could... ”dude”.

Please don't reply until you've raised your IQ to double figures..

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, n00dle said:

username checks out.

I'm not certain many here understand the potential Pandora's box that has been opened. i am not alarmist, nor am i prone to conspiracy theories but I can sometimes see patterns or a bigger picture.

its not about I'm a good boy, why would they come for me.  it's about understanding the circumstances under which they could change your life if it went that far.     

The whole Swiss guy thing has now become a rallying point for an us vs them dialogue that can only damage what already seems to be a fragile status quo. 

As a political tool, laying a groundwork of mutual dislike and distrust could pave the way for a government that has already significantly undermined expats here with its new tax laws to make life even more difficult. 

Whats next?   

Surely the government understands that foreign expats have and still are keeping some Thai families out of poverty, also I read a few years ago that two out of three Thai male adults use prostitution in some form. What would these Thai men think if they saw expats being deported for using prostitutes?

13 minutes ago, Chongalulu said:

Thank you for confirming suspicions of the low level of your mentality ”dude” (sic) (another giveaway). To Sink to your level - your girlfriend does that because she closes her eyes and recalls the time it was mine during that time you were away. I'm glad to have helped you out in any way I could... ”dude”.

My IQ is fine but I'm worried about you. 

Why have you started antagonizing me, being hostile and disrespectful, did I say something that offended you? 

Out of the blue, you just started to be nasty and want to be my enemy, strange behavior. 

These are signs of immaturity. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Chongalulu said:

I wonder how good your IQ is going by your recent posts.

• Agree 2

They play with fire - xenophobia is very common in Thailand, rooted in an inferiority complex and will - with absolute guarantee - backfire big time one day! 

Of course there are non-Thais being non-desirable, criminals, crooks, cheaters. But treat them with your existing tools like filing a police complaint, taking it to court, get a verdict handed down and the culprits reprimanded, if applicable. 

Nobody talks of all those tortured children by relatives, family or teachers at school, nobody talks about the tremendous cheating and short changing of the lesser educated by the upper crust.

So keep your shirts on and follow the constitution which says that "everybody is same". Well, I sometimes have the feeling, that some are "samer" than others in Thailand .......... same, same, but different? 

On 3/11/2024 at 3:01 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

To be fair, look at the media from many other countries.

Stories about all those bad immigrants and tourists and common.

Look at all those bad foreigners! 😉 

You’re not kidding. The demonization of foreigners in the US and many European countries for purely political purposes (i.e., finding someone to blame) is widespread. All things considered, Thailand remains one of the world’s more tolerant and welcoming societies.

• Like 2

On 3/11/2024 at 7:48 AM, spidermike007 said:

I always suspected the Swiss were not neutral, after all! 

A lot of pent up anger maybe? Wanting to fight  but their government always telling them they are neutral and not allowed to.

as bob dylan said, patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings. when things are not going well for a government, the economy for example, xenophobia and whipping up the right wing, is pretty much guaranteed to stir up the masses and divert attention from, for example, the economy.

Its up to Thai Authorities to revoke the visa from "large" westerners who think that Thaiand is "paradise" of their criminal or unacceptable behaviour to Thais.

Foreigners have the only obligation to obbey Thai Law and to behave politely to them and not to behave racist because it is discrimination against Thais.

Thailand is the land of smiles and kindness!

Ι bow my head ladies for both Swiss unacceptable horrible behaviour criminal offences because in European Union all members are equals but people arent the same!

Τhe shame on you Swiss "gentlemen".C.o.n.g.r.a.t.u.l.a.t.i.o.n!

IWD2024themeInspireInclusion.jpg

Edited by Paris333
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Paris333 said:

Its up to Thai Authorities to revoke the visa from "large" westerners who think that Thaiand is "paradise" of their criminal or unacceptable behaviour to Thais.

Foreigners have the only obligation to obbey Thai Law and to behave politely to them and not to behave racist because it is discrimination against Thais.

Ι bow my head ladies for both Swiss unacceptable horrible behaviour criminal offences because in European Union all members are equals but people arent the same!

Maybe too many coffees this morning...just saying..

On 3/13/2024 at 3:24 AM, it is what it is said:

as bob dylan said, patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings. when things are not going well for a government, the economy for example, xenophobia and whipping up the right wing, is pretty much guaranteed to stir up the masses and divert attention from, for example, the economy.

Dylan was a dud. Boring live with barely 2 good songs.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/12/2024 at 10:18 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

I can't even fathom feeling the need to share this here.

15 minutes ago, n00dle said:

I can't even fathom feeling the need to share this here.

I wasn't talking to you, I was replying to a member (see below) who tried to insult me.

Sorry if it offended you but harden up petal. 

3/12/2024 at 9:43 AM, Chongalulu said:

It's because you're not perceptive enough to see beyond what is put in front of you for your consumption. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I wasn't talking to you, I was replying to a member (see below) who tried to insult me.

Sorry if it offended you but harden up petal. 

3/12/2024 at 9:43 AM, Chongalulu said:

It's because you're not perceptive enough to see beyond what is put in front of you for your consumption. 

I'm aware of the context and I'm not offended, I'm disgusted.

I'm also unsure why it is so important to you that we all know you can still get it up.

Just now, n00dle said:

What the hell is wrong with you people? Are you blind to the greater context? 

how can you not see that the media is working to normalize anti-foreign sentiment and it is not a matter of "I am a good, law-abiding boy and my mommy loves me." 

How are you not aware of a different flavor of scrutiny as you go about your day-to-day business? 

How can you not see that the policies implemented by a Thaksin-led government are already negatively affecting you?

Im not saying you should be paranoid or afraid but ffs, be aware.

I think you are paranoid..........:coffee1:

• Agree 2

On 3/13/2024 at 12:47 AM, Paris333 said:

The Swiss are not in the European Union.

But microstates Switzerland and Liechtenstein -Monaco -San Marino operate through special arrangements with the EU and belongs as Russia to European territory................

Is there today a criminal smuggler who is not based in Switzerland?😄

Have you been in Luggano Switzerland? Did you hear people to talk more Italian language than local language?

I have worked in Luggano......

On 3/11/2024 at 1:20 PM, worgeordie said:

Doing anything illegal here ,you should expect to be arrested ,all those

posts you listed were doing illegal things ,things will be back to normal

soon I think , as always happens ...

regards worgeordie

The concern is not that people are arrested for doing illegal acts, rather that it is considered news-worthy because of their race.
If the new read "Last week XX Thais and YY Foreigners were arrested for ??? offence, and yet the ratio of population is AAA / BBB compared to XXX / YYY", then their race might be relevant.  Without those statistics, the headlines are just rant-bate.

On 3/12/2024 at 4:04 PM, Cory1848 said:

You’re not kidding. The demonization of foreigners in the US and many European countries for purely political purposes (i.e., finding someone to blame) is widespread. All things considered, Thailand remains one of the world’s more tolerant and welcoming societies.

Do you have a ranking for that?

As a big-spending Big-Nose, I have found Thailand quite welcoming, albeit potentially bureaucratic, and I am not sure how  people from neighbouring countries on whom the economy relies for cheap labour find the bureaucracy

SC 

On 3/16/2024 at 11:00 PM, StreetCowboy said:

The concern is not that people are arrested for doing illegal acts, rather that it is considered news-worthy because of their race.

This really is the crux of the issue that people seem too blithe to understand.

the fact that the government is feeding the frenzy with crackdowns specifically aimed at foreigners and social media is positively validating anyone who catches a frarang "acting out" with likes is not making the situation any better.

I had two incidents with people telling me where I can and can not ride my bicycle on Rama 3 yesterday -- never happened before.

I even had a helmetless asshat on a motorcycle following me trying to get a video of me crossing a flyover -- something I have been doing unhindered multiple times a week for years.  

On 3/12/2024 at 11:29 AM, NoshowJones said:

Surely the government understands that foreign expats have and still are keeping some Thai families out of poverty, also I read a few years ago that two out of three Thai male adults use prostitution in some form. What would these Thai men think if they saw expats being deported for using prostitutes?

what the hell are you talking about?

• Confused 1

On 3/16/2024 at 1:12 AM, Paris333 said:

But microstates Switzerland and Liechtenstein -Monaco -San Marino operate through special arrangements with the EU and belongs as Russia to European territory................

Is there today a criminal smuggler who is not based in Switzerland?😄

Have you been in Luggano Switzerland? Did you hear people to talk more Italian language than local language?

I have worked in Luggano......

Strange, I always was under the assumption, that Italian is the local language in Lugano!

• Love It 1

On 3/18/2024 at 2:55 PM, n00dle said:

This really is the crux of the issue that people seem too blithe to understand.

the fact that the government is feeding the frenzy with crackdowns specifically aimed at foreigners and social media is positively validating anyone who catches a frarang "acting out" with likes is not making the situation any better.

I had two incidents with people telling me where I can and can not ride my bicycle on Rama 3 yesterday -- never happened before.

I even had a helmetless asshat on a motorcycle following me trying to get a video of me crossing a flyover -- something I have been doing unhindered multiple times a week for years.  

As far as I am aware, you can ride a bicycle anywhere that you want to, and it is a matter for the police to prosecute you if that is against the law, not casual passers-by.
Sadly, traffic planners may not understand what is safe, or unsafe, for cyclists, and that issue may not be high on their list of priorities in any case.  "Regardless of whether our road is the safest for you to ride on, by posting a sign prohibiting it, we can claim absolution from any accident that you suffer on our road"

My view is that we all have a duty to drive or cycle, walk, pogo-stick or space-hopper as best we can, and any accident that is down to our negligence cannot be completely absolved by posting a sign saying "you are not welcome here". However, in the absence of fault or carelessness by others, it is hard to claim against them.

SC