Three Russians Arrested for Allegedly Operating Beauty Clinic on Samui Island

webfact

There is a purge going on at the moment a handful of illegal workers were arrested on Koh Phangan the same day one an American lady for giving customers a ride to the ferry port 

It is also happening in Rawai, Phuket a good friend of ours who has her own salon told us about it, I think she getting pi$$ed off as she pays big rent and staff, and these Russians are working from home and as mobile hair and beauty treatments, It's not going down to well I have spoke with a few thais recently, the locals are not happy, 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, bendejo said:

Not a beauty parlor, but a beauty clinic.  Enhance your clinical beauty?

Gotta wonder who their customers were -- Russian exiles/draft dodgers getting plastic surgery to help change identities?

I think the QR code may only recognise Thai Banks, so the customers were probably mostly Thai people?

• Confused 1

I have the strange sensation that they are kicking up the dust to show that they are cleaning up Phuket, but the real criminals are sitting quietly in the villas.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

I think the QR code may only recognise Thai Banks, so the customers were probably mostly Thai people?

QR code is the payment system widely popular in modern Russia - you can pay with your phone (special App)
Obviously their customers are Russians as the language gap between them and locals is huge

Why clinic? nothing, just a figure of speech I assume, lost in translation. 

My thought is that was a sucker punch from competitor: another "service provider" with less attractive offers.

Police arrests small fishes: it is not even funny ))))

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Something is very wrong with those kids running business in Thailand against local laws and regulations.
Even those days when overstay was 200THB/day we were more cautious. Nobody heard the word "ban" and "thaivisa" was a "company" 

But now? 

There's something very wrong with those or they are extremely desperate. Or neither...

Utter desperation......starting October 2022...

• Confused 1

On 3/11/2024 at 10:03 AM, crazykopite said:

Another 3 heading for Ukraine

Already more than a year the draft to Ukraine is 100% voluntary, but such comments popping at the forums again and again

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/11/2024 at 6:42 PM, zhounan said:

I have the strange sensation that they are kicking up the dust to show that they are cleaning up Phuket, but the real criminals are sitting quietly in the villas.

This is always the case.