Two New Zealand Men Arrested in Phuket for Alleged Brutal Assault on Traffic Cop

webfact

OMB!  I had to wake up  to this?  What were these two Mensa more runs thinking?  Do they have any clue that you should not fight cops?  Finally, and this may have  been said before, but in America, these two guys would be dead.  Touch a cop's gun in the states is suicide.  They will shoot you immediately.  No questions asked.  These more runs got lucky!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Good to see the Kiwi's making the headlines. 

Thailand wants more tourism but they really should filter the tourists, too many lowlife foreigners arriving. 

Two super thick Kiwis. 

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

This is a more serious criminal matter than normally comes from low-life farangy's..

In the present anti-farangy times, I reckon these two scrotes have buried themselves, in fact, looking at the photos, the damming evidence, a custodial is the only route for the Judiciary to go.

What a couple of donkeys.....:huh:

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Ironmike said:

As a person that goes through that check point every other day I can say honestly that I'm sick of being targeted by the police because I'm a Farang with money,,,the thaisdrive past the same police with no helmets 6 on a bike and the coppers never stop them,, to be honest after looking at the video it looks to me that they had restrained the officer and removed his gun to clear it,, you can hear the guy say he's Trying to rob us,, which is exactly what these police do everyday here. But in any rate they had no right to do this here or anywhere else,, if a Swiss guy is getting what he's getting for kicking a Dr then God help these two morons. 

Why do they have no right to do this here or anywhere else, you don't have the right to defend yourself from being robbed from someone because of their position or clothes?

I hope you mean it's not the wisest decision

4 hours ago, Kiwiken said:

According to initial reports on NZ news the two claim the Police officer attempted to attack them and they acted in Self Defence.

They are possibly part of the NZ "Free Man of the Land" Movement, who like the American Sovereign Citizens do not believe that laws are applicable to them, in particular road traffic laws, and spout statements like "I'm a foreign national, from the United States of America Republic, I am not subject to your laws and you have no jurisdiction over me", and call the police "road pirates", among other similar types of things.

There's obviously 2 sides to every story:-

"Top brass have vowed to pursue justice in the case. Indeed, further criminal charges may be brought. Initially, the pair face charges of assault, robbery, obstruction and bribery."

Where did the robbery and bribery charges come from?

"Two foreigners on motorbikes did not follow the traffic laws, not riding close to the left side of the road and riding at high speed in a community area, according to Chalong police. The police on duty asked for cooperation from them to stop their motorbikes."

So how often do you see Thais riding at high speed in a community area or not riding close to the left side of the road? Happens all the time where I live!

So if they were riding at high speed, how did the police on duty ask them to stop their motorbikes?

"After the police pursuit, the two foreigners were infuriated and allegedly attacked the police while having the incident recorded by the police."

What's all that about? Not making excuses for the pair, but who was taking the video while the cop was being attacked? (Obviously not CCTV!) If it was being "recorded by the police", how is it that they didn't step in to help their colleague? It also appears that one of the "farangs" discharges the weapon thereby rendering it pretty harmless. Maybe the officer threatened them with it?

However, I am not making excuses for this pair of idiots, and they can rightly expect to be "jumped on from a great height" by the top brass for the assault and restraining of a police officer. I do think that the future looks pretty bleak for them, and their punishment will probably only start with the court case! 

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Phuket police have been known to be trigger happy on many occasions.

Some years ago, a Policeman on his way to work gunned down a woman walking on the sidewalk near the circle.

Phuket woman gunned down in Chalong | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

In another case a woman was killed by her Police boyfriend while sitting at a table in Patong.

Young woman shot 'accidentally' by Phuket policeman - Phuket News - Thailand News, Travel & Forum - ASEAN NOW

The first linked article says nothing about a policeman on his way to work. In fact it states that the assailant who killed the woman was unknown how is that evidence of 'trigger happy' police?

Edited by RobU

3 minutes ago, sambum said:

"Top brass have vowed to pursue justice in the case. Indeed, further criminal charges may be brought. Initially, the pair face charges of assault, robbery, obstruction and bribery."

Where did the robbery and bribery charges come from?

Cops <deleted> up majorly and are now in massive spin campaign to make themselves look to be wronged

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Anyone else here the standing guy say "he tried to kill us" ?

Looks like the officer had his weapon out and in his own possession in one of the still shots.

Will be interesting to follow this.  But clearly the media has dubbed it another case of "bad bad foreigner"

I would like to view the entire cop camera video from before the arrest and the start of the resistance . Thai traffic cops are known to extort money from innocent falangs . With a gun to your head and a cocked trigger , I would not be surprised at resistance 

Meanwhile the cops mates stand back and video instead of stepping in to help him?

Keep up the good work RTP.

Edited by Enoon
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, george said:

VIDEO:

Note the newscaster says "Farang again" and the word Farang is the video title.

So what?

It were 2 foreign idiots who should be jailed for a long time then deported and never allowed in again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, ryandb said:

Is there photos of them fleeing? evidence of the Road Traffic Offenses outside of the police statement of this right now? 

I've only seen video of them restraining the cop, I'm sure there will be some eye witness statements appear in time but right now there is no evidence of what the police stated happened before the video

"I've only seen video of them restraining the cop,...."

And who was taking the video? obviously someone pretty close to the situation who does not appear to be fazed by the fact that a gun is being waved about?

2 hours ago, Maejo Man said:

Are you all done with the Kiwi bashing? Last week it was the Swiss and Americans. We have only seen part of a video, which shows a foreigner restraining a Thai police officer with a headlock. We also see his friend dropping the magazine from the gun and clearing it. The question remains did the police office have the weapon drawn at the time, or was it removed from his holster?

Nobody in their right mind attacks a police officer for no reason!! On top of the severe loss of face for the copper, he needs to be drug tested.

These two Kiwis are not what they seem and it's obvious to most with some intelligence that they are attached to law inforcement or the military.

Either way in Thailand the Police are god, and which ever way this turns out, there is going to be severe consequences.

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

So what?

It were 2 foreign idiots who should be jailed for a long time then deported and never allowed in again.

If you call people idiots, please re-read your post before clicking post.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

I bet they'd never do that back home.

I bet they would. NZ seems as if it's full of scum thugs that flout the law, and think they can get away crimes, because they can, if they are in a gang.

The guys in the incident are no doubt a product of the absence of consequences for behaving badly which was a hallmark of the previous government. I hope they do get a long spell in a Thai jail, which will be more justice than what they'd get in NZ.

I never worried about my safety in Thailand, but in NZ it's a constant concern. Hopefully the new government will follow through on it's election promises, but before they can do so they'll have to get some real men in the police force, and give them the support they need to get rid of the scum thugs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Startmeup said:

Cops <deleted> up majorly and are now in massive spin campaign to make themselves look to be wronged

Indeed, the statement that "Indeed, further criminal charges may be brought." implies that the book is about to be thrown!

• Like 1