Chonburi Immigration Busts Illegal Foreign Workers in Pattaya Area

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya—At 12:30 AM, on March 16th, 2024, Chonburi immigration officers launched a field inspection and arrested many illegal foreign workers from neighboring countries in the Pattaya area.

According to the police report, locals in the Pattaya area reported to Chonburi immigration officers that many foreign workers allegedly illegally set up stalls to compete with the Thai locals.

Upon the inspection, the immigration officers asked for documentation from the accused and it was found out that they were from a neighboring country and were selling Roti, fruit juice, and fruit, without permission.

By Kittisak Phalaharn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-03-18

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, webfact said:

many foreign workers allegedly illegally set up stalls to compete with the Thai locals.

Don't be taking no jobs from the LOCALS!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Upon the inspection, the immigration officers asked for documentation from the accused and it was found out that they were from a neighboring country and were selling Roti, fruit juice, and fruit, without permission.

Heinous crime... 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Heinous crime... 

When at the Pattaya fireworks festival, loads of women selling all manner of items wandering about. Not a one of them I interacted with were Thai..... but I suspected a Thai employed them. 

• Agree 1

"....arrested many illegal foreign workers from neighboring countries in the Pattaya area."

Any Russians? nah, "since we're not neighbors, let's be friends..."  Chinese? Indians? or only countries that are poorer than Thailand.... yes, of course

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

When at the Pattaya fireworks festival, loads of women selling all manner of items wandering about. Not a one of them I interacted with were Thai..... but I suspected a Thai employed them. 

Spot on... 

• Agree 2

On 3/18/2024 at 7:58 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

yes... isn't all this nationalism and protecting of jobs in Thailand just terrible... after all it's their country BUT you "woke" folk know what's best.

It is fine if they need foreigners to work on construction sites etc. for less than the minimum wage though, right?

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It is fine if they need foreigners to work on construction sites etc. for less than the minimum wage though, right?

These foreigners working on construction need work permits and the wage has nothing to do with permission to work... in your mind this should make it OK for any visitor to work at any job anywhere they choose... right.  Sorry... I don't see the connection between the two.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

These foreigners working on construction need work permits and the wage has nothing to do with permission to work... in your mind this should make it OK for any visitor to work at any job anywhere they choose... right.  Sorry... I don't see the connection between the two.

Eh? Bangkok was built on underpaid illegal foreign labour. 

You don’t get the hypocrisy do you? 

No surprise.

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Eh? Bangkok was built on underpaid illegal foreign labour. 

You don’t get the hypocrisy do you? 

No surprise.

Honey... the world was built under spurious practices... so your solution in order to reduce spurious practices is to just let everybody work without any control or direction... hahaha... humans cannot help themselves if allowed to operate on an honor system.