Trump unable to get $464m bond in New York fraud case, his lawyers say

Social Media

20 minutes ago, sirineou said:

A multi billionaire who can't come up with $464 MM  bond.:cheesy:

a aren't you all even embarrassed to call yourselves [45] supporters? 

Any chance you ever read "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn?" There was a chapter that captures this thought PERFECTLY called "The Royal Nonesuch." I am SURE no MAGA supporter ever did, it's got big words and no pictures.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Dolf said:

No such thing as fair value. It does not actually exist. How could you not know this? A valuation is an opinion. Why is a house worth $250,000 in 2007 then gets sold for $1 after the gfc? Because valuations are just subjective.

The fallacy in that argument is easily exposed by the valuation of an apartment being based on the price per square foot when the floor area of the apartment is vastly over stated.

Unless of course you have evidence of what constitutes a standard unity of 1 foot measurement being subjective.

Give it your best go.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The fallacy in that argument is easily exposed by the valuation of an apartment being based on the price per square foot when the floor area of the apartment is vastly over stated.

Unless of course you have evidence of what constitutes a standard unity of 1 foot measurement being subjective.

Give it your best go.

Price per square foot is subjective. Depends on quality, location, buyer strength. A building is worth zero if very old and run down. A new deluxe building is worth whatever the highest bidder is.

1 minute ago, bamnutsak said:

Oratory worthy of Clarence Darrow.

Trump should hire you as his lawyer.

Dodgy judge. That's the problem. As Kevin said not happened in 75 years.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, RobU said:

Frankly I don't really care. American politics is big business. Neither of them actually represent the people. They are just front men, puppets for cabals of the wealthy like all American presidents.  Voted in by a wierd system that no one understands 

Most of what you say might be true, but the "wierd system that no one understands "is not true

most Americans  with a bit of education understand it just fine" 

The Electoral college was designed' and still to some degree plays that role" to give all the states regardless of population a seat at the ellections table. 

No small state would had joined the Union otherwise. 

They had just fought a war to liberate themselves from "Taxation without representation"  and no small State would have joined a Union where they will pay tax but have little say in the presidential election? 

The US is a big place, it was even bigger then, or seemed a lot beger with transportation being what it was then,.

No presidential candidate would had wasted his time to go to a state with a few of thousands votes, 

even now Wyoming has only 290K registered voters,

So they devised the Electoral college  where you did not care about the popular vote number of that state, but cared about the Electoral votes, because it might be the margin of electoral votes that helped puts a candidate over the top . 

There is talk about ending the electoral college, but the smaller rural states would resist it because if it happened they would never see a presidential candidate again. They would . as far as presidential elections go, become inconsequential. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I don't know. Ask maybe a Trump supporter.

Apologies, I know that you do not identify as a Trump supporter, your post only served as an effective counterpoint for my metaphoric argument.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Right so price per square foot is subjective.

Value = price per square foot x number of square feet.

Overstating the number of square feet is not subjective, it’s fraud.

Go on give it you best go.

No it isn't. There is no such thing as fair value. Fair value doesn't exist.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dolf said:

No it isn't. There is no such thing as fair value. Fair value doesn't exist.

What’s this ‘fair value’ you are referring to, I never said anything about ‘fair value’.

Over stating the actual square footage over states the valuation regardless of what the ‘price per square foot’ is.

Hence fraud.

Quit embarrassing yourself already.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Apologies, I know that you do not identify as a Trump supporter, your post only served as an effective counterpoint for my metaphoric argument.

That's OK. I only got into this after reading about the jury verdict in a non-jury trial.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dolf said:

As Soros says prices are always wrong

"What Soros is saying is that markets are in a constant state of divergence from reality — meaning, prices are always wrong. "

https://macro-ops.com/understanding-george-soross-theory-of-reflexivity-in-markets/

Soros is right. No such thing as a fair price.

Hits emergency Soros button.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

What’s this ‘fair value’ you are referring to, I never said anything about ‘fair value’.

Over stating the actual square footage over states the valuation regardless of what the ‘price per square foot’ is.

Hence fraud.

Quit embarrassing yourself already.

You don't understand basic valuation techniques.

Fair enough.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Hits emergency Soros button.

You just admitted you don't understand basic rule of law and basic valuation techniques.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dolf said:

Unfit biased judge

"Engoron, a Democrat, has ruled repeatedly against Trump in the three years he’s been presiding over James’ lawsuit. "

https://apnews.com/article/trump-engoron-letitia-james-fraud-new-york-9bd42690d327f6f63c9eb31c046f8426

Can you point out in the US Constitution where it says you are entitled to a judge and jury belonging to the same political Party?

If trump can't do the time and can't pay the dime, he shouldn't have done the crimes.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Any chance you ever read "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn?" There was a chapter that captures this thought PERFECTLY called "The Royal Nonesuch." I am SURE no MAGA supporter ever did, it's got big words and no pictures.

I have not since I was a kid, and I should re-read it, I have re-read many of the classics that I had read as a kid, and I have gotten much more about them. Much of what they said went over my head. 

One that I r-read was  Gulliver's Travels, and it was a lot different than what I knew from movies and such, I was amazed about the depth of cultural commentary in it. ( Yahoos and the realization that his Society was no different))

I am sure the same is true with " "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn?" that I am sure went over my head as a kid. 

In fact now that you mention it, as soon as I finish what I am reading , it might be my next book. 

Thank you!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, HappyExpat57 said:

It would seem you just blather garbage without reading. Try this again:

"Overstating the number of square feet is not subjective, it’s fraud."

I've revisited my original impression, you're not only intentionally ignorant, you're trolling as shown here. You have no interest in actual dialog, you are just stirring the pot with dung.

No it isn't. Valuations are subjective. A building is only worth what someone estimates it to be worth. No such thing as fixed valuations. You also have intangibles such as goodwill. A company might have $300m in goodwill on the balance sheet.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, HappyExpat57 said:

Jesus wept!

Property was 10k square feet, the fraudster sexual offender said it was 30k square feet. Do I also need to draw pictures for you?

So what's the problem? The bank agreed to the valuation.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, tomazbodner said:

OK, so if I am selling a house of 500m2 but actually house only has 150m2, regardless of what price I actually sell it for, and the buyer sues me for fraud, will my argument that the buyer and judge don't understand valuations and they are all subjective, where from one point of view 150m2 could as well be 500m2 would fly in court?

Stupid example. The bank did not sue Trump. The Democrats charged him. 

Pelosi made $100m from insider trading. No charges.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Contact the forum administrator and ask for a thread on the subject so that the rest of us can enjoy this topic without your whataboutary 

it hurts !  I know.  Get over it snowflake 

Sorry, not your boy and don’t take orders from you.  Understand?

Edited by G_Money
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1