Trump unable to get $464m bond in New York fraud case, his lawyers say

Social Media

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

A lot of people say this but, assuming no collusion, I think prices would be closer to market than fire.

He made $100 million on the D.C. Post Office property.

Why would anyone buy something for a market price when they know it has to be sold quickly?

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Why would anyone buy something for a market price when they know it has to be sold quickly?

A term synonymous with the term short sale and can be a whopping 30% to 80% below market value. How nice.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

I merely suggested that the price might be closer to "market" price.

Why do people, or REITs, pay the price they do? There is a limited supply of RE, and more than one party may be interested, driving the price up.

29 minutes ago, gargamon said:

You shouldn't comment if you don't understand how it works. To appeal a court decision against you, you need to put up in cash or bond for the total amount plus any interest that would accrue while the appeal goes forward. It makes perfect sense, as it prevents the losers (like Trump) from delaying the payout the courts have already levied against them. 

I understand perfectly how it works.😆

He needs to match the ludicrous amount that was awarded in order to appeal the decision. If he doesn't have it, he can't appeal. In order words, he needs to be uber wealthy to appeal the crazy decision to make him pay an unworldly sum of $464 million. Which is exactly what I said in the first place.

I have no doubt that the ridiculous amount awarded was to stop him appealing it. $464 million for inflating assets is insane and clearly designed to wrap him up in the legal cobweb in the build up to the election. 

Yet the more this happens, the more popular he is. 😆

Maybe you could revert to insulting him and his fanbase? That's sure to work....

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

So this is a good thing? Right?

Of course it would be a good thing if politicians were not prevented from standing for election due to politically motivated cases and rulings. Or a lack of sufficient funds to appeal ludicrous awards approaching half a billion dollars. I would have thought that was obvious.  

Just like Brexit, the will of the people should not be overturned in courts of law (see Gina Miller's attempts if you are not familiar).

The electorate should decide. Not judges, lawyers, DA's, political opponents, media etc.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Remind me Jonny, who was it who inflated their assets?

Quoting only the second half a sentence like that in order to change the underlying meaning is not only unscrupulous tactics, but against forum rules.

Come on Chomps, you're better than that. Or at least you used to be. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

On matters of law it’s the courts that decide.

Thanks for pointing that out, Captain Obvious.

Yes the courts decide. Just like they decided not to allow Move Forward to take power after winning the election in Thailand. Similar standards it seems.  

• Confused 3

22 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Yes, the electorate gets to decide who wins an election.  But it's the courts (and the evidence) who gets to decide whether someone has committed a crime.

Just like Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1