Tax on govt pension

I have recently looked at the example online tax form , it doesn't specify what type of pension your income derives from. If you have govt pension, under the Thai DTA with the UK it says they would not be assessible for tax in Thailand but how do you apply this information to the online form so you would not be taxed.  Should i visit my local tax office to try to get some information on this, anyone have any thoughts, maybe Mike Lister .

On 3/19/2024 at 5:21 PM, Black arab said:

. If you have govt pension, under the Thai DTA with the UK it says they would not be assessible for tax in Thailand but how do you apply this information to the online form so you would not be taxed. 

Thai tax form is only for assessable income. Your UK govt pension is not assessable, per DTA, thus need not be included on a Thai tax form. If this is your only income, no Thai tax form need be filed, i.e., there is no place, nor need, on a Thai form to show income that is not assessable. They don't care to see any income they can't milk taxes from.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Black arab said:

Thanks for the reply Jim

Be careful and make sure you're aware of the difference between a government pension and the state pension as they are treated differently.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1