Man quits weed after 20 years and shares the benefits

Ganga can be very beneficial for people with certain medical conditions and people who suffer from chronic pain. In addition from a recreational standpoint it can be a lot of fun if used occasionally, on special occasions. When used regularly or daily for me it just loses all its impact and novelty. I smoked for about 20 years way back when, nothing wrong with it, I had a lot of good times, it just simply got to the point where I wasn't enjoying it anymore. After I stopped I did notice that I had more ambition and I did notice that my memory was better, other than that not much difference. 

• Agree 1

On 3/25/2024 at 6:10 AM, SiSePuede419 said:

I quit weed for 6 months the first time I came to Thailand.

My wife prefers I smoke weed. 😂

Same here. I tried to quit after 60 years. My wife gave me a month and then INSISTED that I resume. Must be something in the air...

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

I am 80 days weed-free and feel the best I have felt in years.

I'm still coughing up grey gunk, tho. Weed put that grey gunk in me, and coughing it out can only be to the good. 

I never met a person who gave it up and regretted. Caveat: most weed quitters are back on it within 2 years.

2nd Caveat: Since I smoked more pot than Bob Marley (he died young, I kept on going) I would never harsh the mellow of someone bonging up by mentioning my new ability (not to mention new inclination) to read 2 books in a week and turn the treadmill up.

Leave those degenerates in peace.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

I am 80 days weed-free and feel the best I have felt in years.

I'm still coughing up grey gunk, tho. Weed put that grey gunk in me, and coughing it out can only be to the good. 

I never met a person who gave it up and regretted. Caveat: most weed quitters are back on it within 2 years.

2nd Caveat: Since I smoked more pot than Bob Marley (he died young, I kept on going) I would never harsh the mellow of someone bonging up by mentioning my new ability (not to mention new inclination) to read 2 books in a week and turn the treadmill up.

Leave those degenerates in peace.

If you're coughing up stuff, there's probably something wrong with your lungs.

I've smoked 1gm every evening for the past 4 years and never cough.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Just did an expensive lung wellness thing at Bumrungrad. I'm good. Chronic bronchitis is a frequent problem for old potheads. Chronic bronchitis will def tend to lead to other problems.

Most people who give up weed report the same as me. I'm not saying it's fatal; I'm making the very common sense point that inhaling smoke and holding it in is bad for you.

How bad, how much? Who knows? I def feel better all around without it.

I smoked more than you, and yet also made it a point to leave Chiang Mai for burning season -to protect my lungs.

Logic is not a strength usually attributed to potheads.

Edited by Prubangboy
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If you're coughing up stuff, there's probably something wrong with your lungs.

It's incredibly harsh on your throat, so it can't be much good for your lungs.