Koh Larn Sees Thousands of Visitors Over Past Weekend

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya —The picturesque island of Koh Larn welcomed more than 5,000-6,000 visitors over the past weekend as the island remains one of the top picks for a diverse mix of tourists.

This influx of visitors has prompted Pattaya City to deploy special task force personnel to assist tourists and ensure their convenience at transportation spots between Koh Larn and the mainland. The task force anticipated that on weekends, there are over 5,000-6,000 visitors who travel to Koh Larn.

Golf carts to accommodate elderly tourists have also been arranged at the ferry spots.

By Aim Tanakorn

PHOTO: Mgronline

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-03-25

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Golf carts to accommodate elderly tourists have also been arranged at the ferry spots.

The picture shows quite a young couple n the golf cart, but laden with suitcases. Are there a lot of overnighters using the Island nowadays?

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

The picture shows quite a young couple n the golf cart, but laden with suitcases. Are there a lot of overnighters using the Island nowadays?

I would imagine the up-take at weekend is more to do with locals, foreigners possibly staying for a few more days.

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I always stay 2/3 nights, I live in Pattaya, by the time you get there get to a beach you are thinking about coming back.

Edited by Jumbo1968

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I would imagine the up-take at weekend is more to do with locals, foreigners possibly staying for a few more days.

Also foreigners, many Asians. There are now many more bars and hotels/family hotels on the island compared to 10 years ago. I usually park at the Bali Hai pier automated parking, board the boat around 9AM, by 10 AM am on the beach then leave around 4PM to catch the 5PM boat. Parking is about 250 max 300 THB for the day, there are free parking spaces around but get filled up early and too many mobs.