Beach food Pattaya or Jomtien

schweizer

A friend of mine will visit soon and wants to spend a few days on the beach in either Pattaya or Jomtien. He wants to hire a lounger and eat and drink there.

I have bought drinks on the beach but generally avoid eating there, does anyone know a place where the food will not put him out of action for a few days. He loves Thai food chilli etc so no problem there

Just dont want him spending half his holiday taking Immodium 🙂

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, bbko said:

Having to choose between Jomtien or Pattaya beaches, I prefer Jomtien, near their food courts/night markets and get my food from them, lots of tasty food to choose from.  

Avoid the motorbike food vendors, eating from those filthy carts is asking for diarrhea, 555.

Thanks, but he is looking for one of those vendors that rent loungers and make food, 25 years ago there was one in front of Central that I used but I dont know of any that I would trust now

1 hour ago, schweizer said:

Thanks, but he is looking for one of those vendors that rent loungers and make food, 25 years ago there was one in front of Central that I used but I dont know of any that I would trust now

The beach chair vendors aren't the ones doing the actual cooking, no running water, rat infested trees, etc.  You tell them what you want and they know the shops to get it. 

I sit on the beach and just go get what I like at the food courts, bigger selection and cleaner presentation.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am a nervous eater but recall only one time I got a bit sick from eating food 'on the beach'.....so generally, and surprisingly, it is quite safe. I think Jomtien or Cosy Beach likely best. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, schweizer said:

Thanks for your replies, I have told him this before but he seems to have a romantic idea of sitting on the beach being fed food by young ladies in bikinis

I shall give him the address for Bangkok Hospital 😉

Well he won't get it delivered by girls in bikinis. All the beach people will give you a menu and take your order. A guy on a motorbike will then get your order from a local restaurant that they deal with. He will bring it back and they will serve to you. Nothing is cooked on the beach itself. I recommend Jomtien or even better Koh Larn in the week.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/26/2024 at 1:57 PM, schweizer said:

Thanks for your replies, I have told him this before but he seems to have a romantic idea of sitting on the beach being fed food by young ladies in bikinis

Hi, if I had to eat, I’d sit across the road from a nice restaurant, there’s a few on Beach road Jomtien, there’s Akvavit / great food, and further down towards the night market there’s a great restaurant too, does good pizzas , it’s a hotel with big restau , they do Elvis  shows nights on weekends. They might even deliver to the beach if you buy all the drinks from the lounger staff. 
l think it’s Soi 8 corner beach side.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 10:57 PM, schweizer said:

7/11 then sit on beach

• Confused 1

THE REMEDY!

Years ago (40) I live through a 3 month heII after a Trip to Puerto Vallarta. I had insurance in the US, the doctors were FAILURES with their "meds". I had a Columbian friend. She said "Wake up in the morning, no food, no water. Drink a clear liquor, Vodka, Rum, whatever. (If it's not "clear" it has nutrients.) Drink as much as you can, not too fast, until you pass out". Sure enough, after 3 months of hell, in one day, I killed everything.

But, that's just a cure.

THE VACCINE!

Put a flask of clear liquor in your bag. Before you eat streat food, take a shot.  After you eat street food, take 2 shots.  10 years in Tijuana. I travel with Vodka.

Edited by Joebuzzz
spelling

10 hours ago, Joebuzzz said:

10 years in Tijuana. I travel with Vodka.

During my spells in Mexico I was always told to liberally squeeze lemon over all my food to keep safe..... tequila or vodka would have made me miss work!

Worry too much....as many have said the food comes from nearby restaurant and delivered on foot or by motorbike...no more dangerous than sitting down in a restaurant.

Suggest he just enjoy himself and not live in fear of something that likely will not even be a problem.  Maybe buy a packet of the activated charcoal diahrea pills which seem to work quite well without horrible side efffects if need arises.

Just now, pomchop said:

Worry too much....as many have said the food comes from nearby restaurant and delivered on foot or by motorbike...no more dangerous than sitting down in a restaurant.....if eating from a street stall I would be more worried about the dishes and utensils than the food as no running water and washed in buckets.

Suggest he just enjoy himself and not live in fear of something that likely will not even be a problem.  Maybe buy a packet of the activated charcoal diahrea pills which seem to work quite well without horrible side efffects if need arises.