I have enjoyed my time in Thailand, but...

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

not too long now.

and I am not disclosing where I am going.....yet.

bob.

In other words you didn't really buy a ticket, and you're just talking out your backside?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Staying in a place you aren't comfortable in, feel fear in, are looked at like you are an outsider, a place where women and men pull knives on you for the slightest provocation, a place where you are seen as a walking ATM, isn't as good as trying your luck elsewhere. If you have the means to go and set up shop in another country, you might find it's where you really belong. People know their own countries and that's also an option, unless they really hated their birthplace for some reason. If you haven't any children, leaving is a lot easier. If you have a wife you love, she needs to follow you wherever you go, because not being happy in a place puts it's mark on the relationship. Some problems you always have with you. Some are from the environment you live in. Just like a person with depression, leaving a toxic environment greatly increases your chance for better mental health. Same for those not suffering from clinical depression. A bad environment (to you) isn't a place you need to stay in.

based on your posts i think it's safe to say that you are one of the better posters on AN.

well thought out, articulate and informed.

nice one fred.

bob.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

90 day reports only take 2 minutes to do online. The info you give never changes. It's not an invasion of privacy. They know where you live already by now. You do it 4 times a year. Barely 10 minutes total out of your life in a year. It it is a nothing burger. 

OK. that's your view.

you are entitled to it.

Sadly my view doesn't align with yours.

it is a something burger, and the main ingredient in that burger is xenophobia.

bob.

2 minutes ago, Trippy said:

In other words you didn't really buy a ticket, and you're just talking out your backside?

my ticket is booked.

would you like to see it?

bob.

11 minutes ago, bob smith said:

you don't do 90 reports then?

what do you call that?

bob.

It doesn't bother me, I'm a visitor here.

A few minutes on the computer letting them know I'm still alive, NOT A PROBLEM. 

I wish the Australian government would be more controlling, introduce some of Thailand's policies. 

You are being paranoid, chill dude, how do you sleep at night. 

I understand now why you are an alcoholic. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

not too long now.

and I am not disclosing where I am going.....yet.

bob.

Will your gym membership be transferable to new hiso destination 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, bob smith said:

OK. that's your view.

you are entitled to it.

Sadly my view doesn't align with yours.

it is a something burger, and the main ingredient in that burger is xenophobia.

bob.

your overthinking it and turning a mountain into a mole hill. big brother is everywhere. you can't escape that. has any of this ever gotten in the way of all of your drinking, whoring, and fast food addictions? not even once. just continue to do you boo. stay long time and the land of vertical smiles will keep blessing you with happy ending. 

Edited by ABCDBKK
  • Thumbs Up 1

if I had my time again I don't think I would have chosen here.

There are many better places to live and make money,

places where you arent treated with suspicion and/or a potential criminal because you are a foreigner.

There are easier places to get PR or become a citizen,

Can't agree, but there are plenty of places just as good, Philippines and Cambodia being 2 of them.

Thailand is the easiest country in the world to get citizenship, if you're a female married to a Thai man.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dolf said:

You are miserable. Married a woman at the drop of a hat and pumped out a kid. Of course that wont work.

Bob is an alcoholic.

Neither of you two will be happy if you keep blaming others.

We are all miserable at times because of our choices. All choices involving relationships are doomed to fail without a lot of time spent and communicating. Most people fall in love fast and make bad choices for this. Some people are narcissists that don't care anything about others, have no conscience, and look at the other gender to use, so they "get away with" their choices, not looking at anyone as a permanent thing but a temporary fix to sooth their negative thinking brought on by a bad childhood. This doesn't last forever, because the thing they really needed all of their lives was someone to be a partner to, and most end up all alone. Marrying someone fast happens daily because of attraction. if there wasn't attraction and chemistry, the world wouldn't have 10% of the people it does. If women weren't so attractive looking, we would make our decisions based on things in common, friendship and future alike plans. Every man that has been in a relationship, besides those that are high school sweethearts and luckily found a good partner early, has a story to tell. Some are picking the wrong person to trust, as I did a few times, and making kids with them because I like family. They didn't know how to function in a normal, communicative relationship, and did things they learned as children, and it ended the relationship. Of course taking a lot of time to get to know one another is always best, but again, that attraction sometimes makes you do things you know you shouldn't do. Some people marry at the drop of a hat and stay together happy forever. Some date for years then marry, then divorce in a week. No guarantees in life, especially in a relationship with another human of the other gender.  It isn't about blaming others as much as seeing things as they really are. Venting helps people get over bad choices, and I and Bob are just telling things as they are. Thailand isn't for us . I'm a family man and want a real relationship. The one I had with my ex wasn't real. She to this day wants to come back, but without trust it's gone. I'll be much happier back home, and I don't need a woman for that. Having a good one will of course make it better, but my happiness comes from family and hobbies I can enjoy. It isn't always someone else's fault, but sometimes toxic people can bring you down, so you do what you can to avoid them, and if that means moving.

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, bob smith said:

you don't do 90 reports then?

what do you call that?

bob.

bob, I am certain you spend less time every year filling out 90 day reports than you do hanging out of tatted up slappers. I think you need to reassess your priorities. 

5 minutes ago, bob smith said:

"FAILED TO UPLOAD ATTACHMENT"

Now that's a crying shame!!

bob.

That's what I thought: Bob is Legion, all of us.

Edited by Ben Zioner

12 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Honestly, I don't think there will be many of us left here in ten years time.

Funny.  Certain people--i.e., the malcontents--have been predicting this forever.  Yet, more and more expats keep coming.  Truth is Thailand isn't for everybody.  The ones who love it here don't spend their waking hours whining/whinging on AN. 

• Agree 1

Just now, ABCDBKK said:

bob, I am certain you spend less time every year filling out 90 day reports than you do hanging out of tatted up slappers. I think you need to reassess your priorities. 

I have.

And I have decided on clean air, safe streets, functioning democracy and not being labelled an Alien.

bob.

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

"FAILED TO UPLOAD ATTACHMENT"

Now that's a crying shame!!

bob.

You really should think about going into politics, you have the deceitfulness talent down pat. See you on your next fictional topic, 555 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

I have.

And I have decided on clean air, safe streets, functioning democracy and not being labelled an Alien.

bob.

clean air is overrated and just a matter of perception. and there isn't a country in the world with a real democracy. if you think there is then you're fooling yourself and you've drunken the kool-aid. i walk a mile every night at about 3AM. I am the only one on the streets. it's pure bliss. I have the whole shop to myself. safe as a bug in a rug. 

• Confused 1

I have been here for decades mate.

The honeymoon period lasted 2 years for me.

Then I met mrs. smith so I decided to stay even longer.

had I not met her I probably would have moved on long ago.

but I have now come to the end of my tether,

my flights are booked and I am taking a positive step in the right direction (i think).

I am sick of being treated less than human by the system and Thais in general.

enough is enough.

bob.

• I have been here for decades mate. - but joined AN only in July 21, 2022? After the honeymoon?
  • my flights are booked and I am taking a positive step in the right direction (i think) - When are you leaving and where i your next  destination?
  • I am sick of being treated less than human by the system and Thais in general - The system at your new destination is perfect? The locals welcome you? You've done the research?

Would be great info others who've had enough of Thailand.

5 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Paragraphs....

If you don't want to read it, don't. Don't try to correct other's writing. A few hundred words in a long paragraph are very easy to assimilate, IF you have the ability.

• Sad 3

A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss 😉

You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free 🙂 

Kidding aside we did back leave in 2016...It was great in Thailand while we lived there ..... we got tired of the things you mentioned & others we left.....now it is great where we live. Perhaps some day we will tire of this but actually so far so good.

No worries....Life is usually more than one place 😉 

Good Luck to you in your new spot!

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

If you don't want to read it, don't. Don't try to correct other's writing. A few hundred words in a long paragraph are very easy to assimilate, IF you have the ability.

I see why you are unhappy. Stubborn. Doesn't want to change. Thailand isnt the place for stubborn people. Only flexible people are suited to Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bob smith said:

and not being labelled an Alien.

bob.

we are all aliens. if your passport matches with the country you are in then it is so boring. who wants to be part of the wheel and towing the line? consider yourself lucky. as an alien you don't have to confirm with social norms. you can do you. nobody cares. you aren't one of them. you are a non-entity. you drink, hump, wa*k, piss, fart, and sneeze and nobody even notices. you are a nonconformist, a mystery. you don't fit in and nobody wants to try and understand you. so they leave you alone. what could be better?