I have enjoyed my time in Thailand, but...

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

A country walk is usually safe anywhere, so that's why you feel safe.

I live right in the city center. I pass four 7-11 during my walk. No humans. The only life I see is urban wildlife that makes the rubbish piles shake. 

3 minutes ago, Dolf said:

I see why you are unhappy. Stubborn. Doesn't want to change. Thailand isnt the place for stubborn people. Only flexible people are suited to Thailand. 

Who said I wasn't happy? I just said I'm not happy living here, not in life in general. I will be "happier" back home. Being stubborn can be a blessing. You don't allow others to take advantage of you for long. And it isn't about being flexible. If a place has things you enjoy, you will be comfortable living there. Some never leave their homes unless they're going to a bar or the store, and they're content. Some have things they enjoy doing, and can't do them here, and can in another place. Life isn't all about drinking and having sex with as many as possible. gets old after awhile. Then you find the need to return to who you really are, in a place you can be yourself. This is a foreign country for foreigners. Many who live here feel trapped, are in fear of something or other, and feel out of place, although they're being :"flexible", at least for now. You might be content doing what you're doing, but you have no idea how all others feel, even if they post things here. And by the way, people don't change who they really are after around age 30 or so. That's your character. You can adjust to a place, but if you don't belong, you will want to leave.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, mania said:

No worries....Life is usually more than one place

this one sentence carries so much weight!

well said mate.

I have the resources to live pretty much wherever I want..

I am my own boss. Nobody has got the whip hand over me.

I am a man of Leisure now, the world is my oyster!

bob.

5 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

I live right in the city center. I pass four 7-11 during my walk. No humans. The only life I see is urban wildlife that makes the rubbish piles shake. 

.....You are REALLY selling it to me mate!

bob.

4 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Who said I wasn't happy? I just said I'm not happy living here, not in life in general. I will be "happier" back home. Being stubborn can be a blessing. You don't allow others to take advantage of you for long. And it isn't about being flexible. If a place has things you enjoy, you will be comfortable living there. Some never leave their homes unless they're going to a bar or the store, and they're content. Some have things they enjoy doing, and can't do them here, and can in another place. Life isn't all about drinking and having sex with as many as possible. gets old after awhile. Then you find the need to return to who you really are, in a place you can be yourself. This is a foreign country for foreigners. Many who live here feel trapped, are in fear of something or other, and feel out of place, although they're being :"flexible", at least for now. You might be content doing what you're doing, but you have no idea how all others feel, even if they post things here. And by the way, people don't change who they really are after around age 30 or so. That's your character. You can adjust to a place, but if you don't belong, you will want to leave.

Still no paragraphs :cheesy:

• Love It 2

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

the world is my oyster!

bob.

yeah baby. the whole shebang is yours for the taking. you've got the keys to the kingdom. now surely the captain of your own ship. free as a bird. sky’s the limit and the ball is in your court. grab the bull by the horns. go forward and never look back. it is all in your rear view mirror now. 

2 minutes ago, Dolf said:

get your glasses on and read it!!

if I can then surely you can.

I know it's a big ask for the big bird but I believe in you!

bob.

• Sad 2

Just now, ABCDBKK said:

yeah baby. the whole shebang is yours for the taking. you've got the keys to the kingdom. now surely the captain of your own ship. free as a bird. sky’s the limit and the ball is in your court. grab the bull by the horns. go forward and never look back. it is all in your rear view mirror now. 

are you being sarcastic mate?

bob.

Just now, bob smith said:

are you being sarcastic mate?

bob.

me? not even once. life is yours for the taking. it's all you baby. you got this. master of the universe. smooth sailing from here on out. nothing to stand in your way. just grab the horse by the tail. just like a kid in a candy store. 

7 minutes ago, bob smith said:

it's almost time for a bevi.

bob.

yeah baby, first pint of piss for the day. after 11am drink all you wish. what will it be today? leo and fried pork skins with a few M-150?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dolf said:

And still you reply? And laughing to yourself doesn't help. I repeat, if you don't want to read it, don't read it. If you can't read a few hundred words and comprehend it, there are schools that teach this. And by the way, that was a paragraph. Just over 200 words, many of them small and most will comprehend that amount. If you can't, just stick to GG's posts. He makes sentences paragraphs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

yeah baby, first pint of piss for the day. after 11am drink all you wish. what will it be today? leo and fried pork skins with a few M-150?

12 for me dude,

bob.

Edited by bob smith

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

And still you reply? And laughing to yourself doesn't help. I repeat, if you don't want to read it, don't read it. If you can't read a few hundred words and comprehend it, there are schools that teach this. And by the way, that was a paragraph. Just over 200 words, many of them small and most will comprehend that amount. If you can't, just stick to GG's posts. He makes sentences paragraphs.

Go back to the US and learn what a paragraph is. No wonder the Thais hate you. You bring it on yourself.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Go back to the US and learn what a paragraph is. No wonder the Thais hate you. You bring it on yourself.

I use paragraphs.

any idea why they seem to hate me and the other foreigners I know that also use paragraphs?

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Confused 1

Just now, bob smith said:

I use paragraphs.

any idea why they seem to hate me and the other foreigners I know that also use paragraphs?

bob.

Arrogance?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I'll be around a while longer yet!

bob.

that's the part everyone is fearing. can't you give better assurances that you are really leaving this time so that everyone can breathe easy? no more going on the wagon, no more gyms, no more 90 day reports, no more visa renewals, no more short times, no more 7-11 grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, just take all your life-shortening bad habits and really be gone with you this time. can it really be done? 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Dolf said:

I know exactly what a paragraph is. Again, you don't have to read it if a couple hundred words escapes you're comprehension ability. Your replies are usually to antagonize others. Everyone has surely seen this and many have replied abut it. And you're another one who assumes they know others by a few posts in a forum. The only Thais that I know hate me are those that took my ex's side in the divorce. Only a handful and man haters the lot. Everyone else I come across here is fine with me. I get along, all of my life in fact, with most everyone. The only exceptions have been those who are mentally ill. Most diagnosed. Strange that is. Is this paragraph short enough for you to understand?

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, marin said:

Less than one minute on my computer. 

the point I tried to make seems to have gone straight over your head.

never mind..

enjoy doing your yearly extensions at immigration.

don't forget to update your tm30 now, there's a good boy!

bob.

Edited by bob smith

Just now, fredwiggy said:

I know exactly what a paragraph is. Again, you don't have to read it if a couple hundred words escapes you're comprehension ability. Your replies are usually to antagonize others. Everyone has surely seen this and many have replied abut it. And you're another one who assumes they know others by a few posts in a forum. The only Thais that I know hate me are those that took my ex's side in the divorce. Only a handful and man haters the lot. Everyone else I come across here is fine with me. I get along, all of my life in fact, with most everyone. The only exceptions have been those who are mentally ill. Most diagnosed. Strange that is. Is this paragraph short enough for you to understand?

You have no clue about paragraphs. You are arrogant, stubborn and wonder why you don't fit into Thailand. Not my fault, not the Thais. You created it.

• Thanks 2

I would like to make a solemn promise to all AN members that care :

On the day I fly out of here I will upload my one and only photograph of the departure gate.

bob.

well it's been fun, but I've used up my free bob-time for today. time to move on to greener pastures. set sail for open waters. start a new chapter. tomorrow ill be awaiting bob's next tasty offering about how he's had a change of heart, reconsidered his options, binned his plane ticket, life is great, he's got a fresh outlook again, couldn't leave mrs smith's behind, and will give it all another go again in the hub of flowing alcohol and land of 24-hour short times. until the next entry...