I've lost my desire to listen to music.

giddyup

I am 72.  I still enjoy reading--mostly fiction--and I still enjoy movies and tv shows.  However, like you, I don't listen to music like I used to when I was younger.  My spouse will sometimes have music on when we are swimming or eating at home but it's usually just instrumental background music stuff.   We do still listen to music in the car.

This whole lack of interest was brought home to me when my Thai brother-in-law retired from his job in the US and returned to Thailand.  He brought with him 3 big binders of CDs of mine that I had left with him when I came to Thailand in 2010.  Hundreds of CDs that I had collected and enjoyed when I was much younger.  Looking through the CDs, it made me realize how much more time I had spent with music when I was younger, compared to now.  Spouse has mentioned that we could put some of the CDs on a flashdrive.  Might get around to that at some point but not a high priority.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm 63 and play drums nearly every night. I still jam along to the songs that I loved in the 60's 70's and 80's. 

When I want to relax and have music in the background, I go for classical. Mozart, Bach, Brahms, Vivaldi, Stravinsky when I wanna rock....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/12/2024 at 10:21 PM, save the frogs said:

Not me. I started learning how to play an instrument (wish I had done it when I was young).

I hope to learn multi instruments before I die (but maybe I'm being overly optimistic).

And I like singing. I may even take voice lessons.

I try to find singers that I can mimic (tone not too high-pitched). 

I knew a guy in high school who was imitating Robert Plant. Good luck with that. That's hard to emulate. 

And people who attempt that usually end up screeching.

I do a half-ass Richard Hawley. 

I ain't gonna sell tickets any time soon. But it's fun.

I like lyrics. It's basically playing with words.

the wind blows forward and the wind blows back

catch the first train smokin' and never look back

Even Robert Plant can't imitate Robert Plant nowadays. He says himself, "I used to be a rock singer - now I'm a singer."

The answer to this and all other things can be found in the Word of God:

Ecclesiastes 12:1 says: Remember your Creator in the days of your youth,
before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say,
“I find no pleasure in them”—

Listening to music is only one of the things that you will eventually lose your desire for!