Thai Officials Announce "Innovative" Expat Health Measure

webfact

It's my understanding that they'll be passing out special masks with integrated GPS trackers - "For the safety of tourists," of course along with a special Android / iPhone timestamped apps where the foreigner will have to take a picture of themselves four times a day while wearing a mask.  :thumbsup:  And special masks for the bar-trollers as well.

masks-holes-cocktails_fullsize_story1-2343267843.jpg.7338ab487243fd716b98e706a7a96029.jpg

1 hour ago, jingjai9 said:

It goes without saying that humans are flawed, but can't we do better than this??????????????

Correct.

The aim is to reduce deaths amongst the Thai population to reduce the amount of flaws.

• Haha 2

Just now, Hellfire said:

This morning 3 cops and a woman visited my apartment and gave me 3 masks in a small box. My gf has translated the text on the box and  it says “special masks for foreigners and dogs”. They also informed me that after these 3 masks are used - I have to buy more for my own money. I made wai and thanked them for the visit. I am really satisfied with the service.

They are being proactive about it.

Sure they were cops. The team and our condo this morning were in uniform but i thought they were from the Tetsabaan.

They were very polite to be honest, and explained the situation well.

It will only be until covid disappears completely.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, ChaiyaTH said:

It is hard to not cry at this point, with all the news articles, failures, hub ideas in the past few months.

Just goota laugh mate.

One of those days.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Goat said:

Correct.

The aim is to reduce deaths amongst the Thai population to reduce the amount of flaws.

Then again, have them sit 2 meters away with separate sticky rice bowls and water cups. Only allow 4 people per back of pickup truck sitting on 4 corners. That was a major reason Thailand had so many deaths. Just when Covid arrived, I saw this as a precursor to a lot of people getting sick. I constantly warned my ex to stay away from others in her own family, and to use separate cups for water. Of course everyone got Covid, like most others in our village. I caught it at least twice using masks everywhere and staying away from others besides my family. My child went to school and the kids are probably the biggest spreaders of all diseases because they don't understand what stay away means. You can do everything right and all it takes is one person who doesn't and you get an epidemic.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Goat said:

Simple being the key word.

The midday live update on channel 3 and 7 from the minister will explain the details in simple English for the simple people.

Stayed tuned mate.

A program directly aimed at you.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Goat said:

Fair enough too. 

It was the farangs that spread it last time and tried to blame the Chinese.

The Thais kept it under control well.

They should target the farangs, especially the Brits.

You get the Brown Noser of the year award.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

It's your kind of moronic thinking that mirrors theirs. Anyone can carry a disease. Labeling Canadians as filthy is like them thinking we are dirty farangs. Quite the contrary, the reason so many got Covid here is because of the living conditions. They sit around, sharing sticky rice and communal water cups and wonder why they get sick. Drive 15 in the back of a pickup, all without masks. Lastly, masks help but very little. Targeting just foreigners and not locals coming in is prejudiced and disturbed thinking.

They are not just targeting foreigners. Many Thai papers, social media, and news outlets have continued to reinforce this information to the locals.  There are signs everywhere indicating to wear masks still. Just the messaging is in the Thai language. In our community we have posters, leaflets, people door to door handing out pamphlets, local medical clinic offers weekly roundtable talks and other meetings. So, no, they are not just picking on foreigners, but how else do they communicate this to non Thai speaking residents?

I don't really care one way or the other. No skin off my nose to wear a mask or not. I am not that fragile to feel it violates my rights. I do however refuse to wear a seatbelt as they do restrict my first amendment rights.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I constantly warned my ex to stay away from others in her own family, and to use separate cups for water. Of course everyone got Covid, like most others in our village. I caught it at least twice using masks everywhere and staying away from others besides my family

You are a classic example why this rule needs to be enforced. The Thais have built up an immunity while you the dirty farang has contracted covid and most likely spread it to elderly Thai people and caused their deaths.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rct99q said:

They are not just targeting foreigners. Many Thai papers, social media, and news outlets have continued to reinforce this information to the locals.  There are signs everywhere indicating to wear masks still. Just the messaging is in the Thai language. In our community we have posters, leaflets, people door to door handing out pamphlets, local medical clinic offers weekly roundtable talks and other meetings. So, no, they are not just picking on foreigners, but how else do they communicate this to non Thai speaking residents?

I don't really care one way or the other. No skin off my nose to wear a mask or not. I am not that fragile to feel it violates my rights. I do however refuse to wear a seatbelt as they do restrict my first amendment rights.

How does freedom of speech correlate with wearing a seatbelt?

20 minutes ago, Goat said:

Fair enough too. 

It was the farangs that spread it last time and tried to blame the Chinese.

The Thais kept it under control well.

They should target the farangs, especially the Brits.

"....especially the Brits."

"Here we go, here we go, here we go!" Football's coming home! 🙂 

• Confused 2