Foreigners among World Central Kitchen staff killed in Israeli strike

51 minutes ago, transam said:

It is not the same as me, you are anti-Jew, I am not, I also am not anti-Gazans, I am anti-executioners, which is what Hamas is, Israel is dealing with the clear-out of Hamas, the same as was done to clear out the German Nazis, now you tell me there were no civilian casualties doing that.....😉

If you are anti executioner please tell us who has killed 32,xxx men, women and children, who has laid waste to vast areas of Gaza with air to ground missiles, helicopter gunships, drones, smart and dumb bombs, tanks, armoured bulldozers etc.

I had no idea that Hamas even had an airforce let alone, drones, tanks and armoured bulldozers.

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

If you are anti executioner please tell us who has killed 32,xxx men, women and children, who has laid waste to vast areas of Gaza with air to ground missiles, helicopter gunships, drones, smart and dumb bombs, tanks, armoured bulldozers etc.

I had no idea that Hamas even had an airforce let alone, drones, tanks and armoured bulldozers.

There is a difference, Hamas executed 1200 civilians in cold blood, those killed in quashing Hamas, Gaza leaders/army is a consequence of any war, sad but true.

If the Israeli response is thought OTT, then that is for those who are supporting the removal of the terrorist organisation, and leaders of Gaza/Hamas, to sort out.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, transam said:

There is a difference, Hamas executed 1200 civilians in cold blood, those killed in quashing Hamas, Gaza leaders/army is a consequence of any war, sad but true.

If the Israeli response is thought OTT, then that is for those who are supporting the removal of the terrorist organisation, and leaders of Gaza/Hamas, to sort out.

So destroying a whole building because some soldier 'thinks' there is a terrorist in one apartment is a legal act of war.

I, personally don't think that there is ANY justification for it and it seems more and more people agree with me.

Most of the problems that Israel is facing nowadays can be traced back to Netanyahu and his personally selected and hand picked ;war' cabinet. There are now thousands of Israelis even in Israel itself protesting about him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

So destroying a whole building because some soldier 'thinks' there is a terrorist in one apartment is a legal act of war.

I, personally don't think that there is ANY justification for it and it seems more and more people agree with me.

Most of the problems that Israel is facing nowadays can be traced back to Netanyahu and his personally selected and hand picked ;war' cabinet. There are now thousands of Israelis even in Israel itself protesting about him.

Yes indeed matey

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I am when they were killed after clearing their movements by the IDF.

I'm probably more shocked by the pathetic attempt by the IDF to justify their atrocity.

If what they say is true, it makes them incompetent in that command does not communicate with troops on the ground, or apparently in this case with drone operators, and there is no operational command structure, which I do not believe. Unlike some on here I've actually been in the military, and understand how it works, which is not how the IDF are trying to justify their actions.

Judging by your first sentence, you clearly did not read my comment in full.

Your comment is therefore inane 

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Did it happen in your country, did it happen in Germany and Japan...., well yes it did, my mum could vouch on the V1 & V2's, indiscriminate rocket landings...

As I said, it is up to those countries who support removing a terrorist organisation, in this case Hamas, to advise and take appropriate action, which I read Pres. Biden is doing......🤗

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wasn't laughing about the deaths, as you probably know. I was LOL about the IMO ludicrous post trying to justify the israeli atrocity by blaming the victims.

Not justifying. Not blaming.

37 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The deaths in this conflict are the fault of all sides.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Are you suggesting that Ukraine is to blame for the Russian invasion of its lands or that Russia didn't invade Crimea in 2014?

Do you think that Israel hasn't ignored the lines drawn up by the UN or annexed additional land?  Are you saying that there is no such thing as the 'Occupied Territory'? Which country do you believe the Golan Heights actually belong to?

I don't think there's another country on Earth that's ignored so many UN resolutions regarding the extent of its lands.  The International Court of Justice is currently hearing arguments on the legality of Israel's occupation of Palestinian territories.

Just a few examples - interesting to hear your thoughts.

no, i blame the US, they have interfered in the whole Ukraine thing, they were responsible for the coup in 2014, leaked phone call by Victoria Nuland proves that. not saying what Putin has done is right or wrong, but it certainly was provoked by US & nato, Stoltenberg even said so recently. Peace talks were on the table in April 22, the UK put a stop to it,  Clinton saying the war should be prolonged to crash Russian economy, same as sanctions which of which failed.
The map proves how Israel have expanded illegally, they ignore evertyhing and nothing is done about it because they are backed by the US & UK. 
Golan Heights is owned by Syria, does it just so happen to be an oil & as rich area by any chance? last thing i read was something like that.

so for all those pointing the finger at Putin for a 'land grab' really should look in their own direction, how about the US illegally occupying the oil fields in Syria?
so much hypocrisy and double standards from the western side.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

You always seem to find an excuse, wrong words, missing question mark, but never seem to answer the questions.

Dude!! How long do you know me in this forum????

Do you think that based on my 15 years in this forum attitude I would think that the aid workers were really Hamas??? 

"Now please explain the "You always seem to find an excuse, wrong words, missing question mark, but never seem to answer the questions."

Always???? realy ???? please provide another incident where I defaulted to excuses?? And "never seem to answer the questions " what are the questions and when did I not answer them ?

You always used  to be a reasonable person, What happened to you? are the ravages of  old age finally catching up with you? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Did it happen in your country, did it happen in Germany and Japan...., well yes it did, my mum could vouch on the V1 & V2's, indiscriminate rocket landings...

As I said, it is up to those countries who support removing a terrorist organisation, in this case Hamas, to advise and take appropriate action, which I read Pres. Biden is doing......🤗

But that was about 80 years ago when missile and bomb accuracy was in its infancy. I have just read an interesting article about the much vaunted Norden bombsight. Its claim to fame was that it could hit a pickle barrel from 20,000 feet. In reality the average error was abound 300 feet.

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/article/the-norden-bombsight-was-it-truly-accurate-beyond-belief/

During the Gulf War, Coalition forces dropped some 17,000 precision-guided munitions with mostly pinpoint accuracy, but also 210,000 conventional bombs that missed their targets by an average of more than 300 feet, faring no better than many World War II-era bombs. It was only with the advent of guided munitions that pinpoint accuracy has been achieved. 

Nowadays when a skilled operator can put a missile into the roof of a car, WHY is there a need to destroy a whole building, killing, wounding and burying alive so many innocent people? They should be able to even pick which window to put the missile through, rather than destroy the complete building, unless they are ordered to do it by their leaders,

The defence of "I was just following orders" was demolished during the Nuremburg trials of the 1940's and 1050's.

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But that was about 80 years ago when missile and bomb accuracy was in its infancy. I have just read an interesting article about the much vaunted Norden bombsight. Its claim to fame was that it could hit a pickle barrel from 20,000 feet. In reality the average error was abound 300 feet.

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/article/the-norden-bombsight-was-it-truly-accurate-beyond-belief/

During the Gulf War, Coalition forces dropped some 17,000 precision-guided munitions with mostly pinpoint accuracy, but also 210,000 conventional bombs that missed their targets by an average of more than 300 feet, faring no better than many World War II-era bombs. It was only with the advent of guided munitions that pinpoint accuracy has been achieved. 

Nowadays when a skilled operator can put a missile into the roof of a car, WHY is there a need to destroy a whole building, killing, wounding and burying alive so many innocent people? They should be able to even pick which window to put the missile through, rather than destroy the complete building, unless they are ordered to do it by their leaders,

The defence of "I was just following orders" was demolished during the Nuremburg trials of the 1940's and 1050's.

Even the modern stuff can go wrong, take those rockets Hamas were sending from Gaza to Israel, from next to a hospital, failed and blew up the hozzy car park........🤭

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Dude!! How long do you know me in this forum????

Do you think that based on my 15 years in this forum attitude I would think that the aid workers were really Hamas??? 

"Now please explain the "You always seem to find an excuse, wrong words, missing question mark, but never seem to answer the questions."

Always???? realy ???? please provide another incident where I defaulted to excuses?? And "never seem to answer the questions " what are the questions and when did I not answer them ?

You always used  to be a reasonable person, What happened to you? are the ravages of  old age finally catching up with you? 

i still am a reasonable person in many other threads, but the senseless slaughter from both sides has gone on endlessly for months and only a few people seem to protest about the needless deaths on both sides

Most of the time when I write any post on any subject, I get a redline under mis-spelt or mis-grammared words and I assume that everybody does. I usually go back and correct the error.

Then before I post I read it again for mistakes and then I post. This is usually the point that I see another mistake but by then I have to let it run before I can edit the post.

Your missing question mark changed the meaning of your post for me which triggered my response.

And, yes, the ravages of old age are getting to me on threads like this.

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Even the modern stuff can go wrong, take those rockets Hamas were sending from Gaza to Israel, from next to a hospital, failed and blew up the hozzy car park........🤭

Of course it can.

Take for example the missile launch from the UK submarine which spectacularly failed or the space rocket failures.

In the UK and Germany even nowadays people keep finding live explosive from WW2 which can still kill after 80 years.

But things like that are still happening with modern weapons, though hopefully less often.

i still am a reasonable person in many other threads, but the senseless slaughter from both sides has gone on endlessly for months and only a few people seem to protest about the needless deaths on both sides

I am right there with you mate. It makes me sick to my stomach to see this things, 

Most of the time when I write any post on any subject, I get a redline under mis-spelt or mis-grammared words and I assume that everybody does. I usually go back and correct the error.

Same here, but you are not the only one whos getting  older. I see a word redlined as misspelled, the drop down window gives me three choices but if I am not wearing my glasses , I can't see any of them, unfortunately You can not zoom in the drop down spelling window. 

Getting older has its challenges , but consider the alternative :laugh:

I don't remember who said it. 

"I have nothing against old age, I hope to die of old age "

And, yes, the ravages of old age are getting to me on threads like this.

No proleme, I know you are a good guy.:smile:

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, billd766 said:

Have you reported all these Jew hating posts (including mine) to the moderators to see if they are correct or not? And if the moderators agree they are OK posts, will you accept their decision?

Maybe there's a misunderstanding, but this is the comment from Danny that's being referred to, which you say you liked: 

"Going by your twisted discriminatory logic, one might also wonder why 1% bearded big nose people with sideburns and stupid hats control 90% of the world's money and media."

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

I note a lot of very biased opinions in this thread - the majority seem to replicate the same futile fight that has gone on for almost a century and is the root cause of the current conflict.

You then go on to write a completely biased essay 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, transam said:

😂............."Different times"..................😂

Oh, well, never mind........🤭

What the World is supposed to be living under after the scourge of 2 World Wars, now who has broken/failed to implement the majority of resolutions passed.

I'll give you a clue it's not Palestine.

United Nations Charter:
Preamble
WE THE PEOPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS DETERMINED
to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war, which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind, and

to reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large and small, and

to establish conditions under which justice and respect for the obligations arising from treaties and other sources of international law can be maintained, and

to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,

AND FOR THESE ENDS
to practice tolerance and live together in peace with one another as good neighbours, and

to unite our strength to maintain international peace and security, and

to ensure, by the acceptance of principles and the institution of methods, that armed force shall not be used, save in the common interest, and

to employ international machinery for the promotion of the economic and social advancement of all peoples,

https://www.un.org/en/about-us/un-charter/preamble

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

Let's thank our lucky stars they don't. There would be genocide on a completely different scale if they did. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think I can say with certainty that israel will not. It's IMO destroying Gaza to make it uninhabitable, so they will not want to help make it habitable.

IMO the US should as Biden could have stopped the bombing long ago, so IMO America is liable. Add the European countries that sent bombs to blow up Gaza.

Some how I suspect they will cry poverty, though they have no problem paying for the bombs that destroyed, and for supporting a different war as well.

IMO the US and Europe ( including Britain ) are led by hypocrites.

Agreed on all counts.

I think most people in the Western World are guilty of ignoring the plight of the people of Gaza until the current conflict started.  I, for example, had no idea of the situation; that Gazans were under blockade or that the population has relied on aid for years to simply survive.  There is no excuse for that but for me I guess the reason is that I've been hearing about trouble in the 'Middle East' and seeing Arafat on the TV since I was a kid - after so many years, it tends to just go over your head. I remember many years ago, making a stupid comment that we should just drop a bomb on the whole Middle East and be done with it.

Many criticise the actions that various Islamic terror groups have performed over the years..........we can all probably remember news reports of bombings, kidnappings and hijacks on TV since forever.  I wonder just how many of us though, ever looked at the reasons behind such acts of terror.  I would stress that I am in no way condoning such actions but to borrow the words of Antonio Guterres, they didn't happen in a vaccum. The very same reasons provide the backdrop to what brought about the Hamas attack on 7th October 2023.

However, to lean towards the explanations of either side in this confict would be to over simplify matters and to accept the impossible.  The impossible is that neither side is ever going to achieve its entire wishes without the complete destruction of the other.  The matter will never be settled without compromise.

Even with compromise though, I fear there will never be peace.  There is nothing in this Universe that prevents 2 countries being formed out of the existing lands in dispute and the occupants of both living in peace.  However, there will always be those, perhaps not currently dwelling in the immediate area, that will not accept any deal and seek to cause trouble.

Israel, through its current actions is creating further hatred amongst hundreds of thousands of people, people who are unlikely to ever forget what is happening to them now.  They are also fueling the constant hatred of the entire Western World advocated by Radical Islamist regimes across the region.  The Islamic world seems to be in turmoil as it fights to reject the 'infidels' and even amongst its own people in order to try to retain its archaic way of life. In Iran, a country widely held as the backers of many Middle Eastern terror groups including Hamas, people are rejecting the hardline policies of the Islamic regime. Wherever one looks in the Islamic world, be it Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, Africa or indeed Thailand, there is tension against 'non believers', and modernisers both internal and external.

Such thought may seem to over complicate the current situation in Gaza and short term, that is probably correct. Long term however, the tension between hardline Islamic regimes and the rest of the world will ensure that the problems continue.

I hope that a total settlement of the entire Israel/Palestinian conflict comes out of the current situation.  So many people have died that to simply return to how things were and hope that the sentiments of Hamas have been crushed would be extremely naive. That is though, only hope.

In my opinion, no lasting full or partial settlement will ever work if it is left to Israel. Any settlement will have to be imposed on both sides and must include Israel handing back land that it has stolen.  It may seem Utopian and I suppose it is, in concept but I think that a 2 state solution misses one important matter - Jerusalem.  Both sides lay claims, both religious and material over that city. The only way that will ever be solved is to actually create 3 territories - 1. Israel, 2. Palestine and 3. Jerusalem, a separate 'City State' shared and administered between the two.

Reality - Israel will purge Hamas from Gaza, the rest of the world will pay for the rebuilding of it and return to compaining about but allowing Israel's continued land grabbing etc. in Palestine.  Things will be relatively quiet for a few years as Gazan's recover from their own 'holocaust' and then return to acts of terror. Nobody is going to accept living the way the Palestinians have had to and Israel will not ignore terrorism................................and so we go on and on, ad infinitum. Why? Because the International Community is not willing to accept that what it created in 1948 was wrong and just doesn't work. Fixing that means going back to the drawing board and imposing a settlement on both sides - forcefully if necessary.

One simply has to explore the amount of financial and therefore political power held by Jewish people around the world to understand that such an impostion will never happen. That power is something I haven't seen discussed anywhere in relation to the current conflict but I believe it explains the current, otherwise bewildering reluctance of countries like the US and UK to condemn Israel's actions in Gaza outright and take action against them.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Agree 1

What the World is supposed to be living under after the scourge of 2 World Wars.

United Nations Charter:
Preamble
to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war, which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind, and

to reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large and small, and

to establish conditions under which justice and respect for the obligations arising from treaties and other sources of international law can be maintained, and

AND FOR THESE ENDS
to practice tolerance and live together in peace with one another as good neighbours, and

to ensure, by the acceptance of principles and the institution of methods, that armed force shall not be used, save in the common interest, and

to employ international machinery for the promotion of the economic and social advancement of all peoples,

Now who has broken/failed to implement the majority of resolutions passed, since it's inception?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What the World is supposed to be living under after the scourge of 2 World Wars.

United Nations Charter:
Preamble

AND FOR THESE ENDS

Now who has broken/failed to implement the majority of resolutions passed, since it's inception?

4 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

United Nations Charter:
Preamble

AND FOR THESE ENDS

Hamas started the cr@p, you can make as many excuses as you like, it is fact.

Even the Israelis were in shock over it, as things were working quite well...🤔

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You then go on to write a completely biased essay 🤷‍♂️

There is a difference between bias and the truth. 

I'm pretty sure I have stated many times that I support neither side.  One cannot though, ignore the truth and the truth is that thousands of people are dying and dying without reason. To be against that is not bias.

If you think Israel is actually achieving anything at all in the long term through its current actions, you are very naive.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I think that the jeat is getting to me as well,

4pm and it is 38.5C outside and 34.3C inside the house.

We are waiting for the BIL to come next week  to clean and recharge 2 a/c.

This heat is getting to all of us, 

I was getting bored so I  went to the farm , about 5 min from our house to play around . It was so hot I thought I would have a heart attack , 

I paced it in and went back home. 

Got to be carefully in this heat. None of the people who have issues , think it would happen to them , until it does. 

Hope you have a fan going and keeping hydrated. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

United Nations Charter:
Preamble

AND FOR THESE ENDS

15 minutes ago, transam said:

Hamas started the cr@p, you can make as many excuses as you like, it is fact.

Even the Israelis were in shock over it, as things were working quite well...🤔

I fail to see any point in answering you, where do you get an excuse from any of the post your answering? 

Standard reply for pro-Israeli's, never answer a question but always think they are winning.

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I fail to see any point in answering you, where do you get an excuse from any of the post your answering? 

Standard reply for pro-Israeli's, never answer a question but always think they are winning.

And you're different, your anti-Jew stuff......I am neither anti-Jew or Gazan.....

I am anti-executioner, murderer, get used to it....😬

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/7/2024 at 4:17 PM, Danny Australia said:

You and some posters here are consistently conflating Jews with Israelis or Zionists. There are millions of decent, peace-loving Jews worldwide, including within Israel, who denounce the atrocities being committed by Israel.

Jewish organizations such as 'Jewish Voice for Peace', 'Na'amod', 'Neturei Karta', 'Central Rabbinical Congress', 'Edah HaChareidis', and numerous smaller Jewish youth organizations share this sentiment.

In addition, well-known Jewish figures like Noam Chomsky, Ilan Pappé, Norman Finkelstein, Gideon Levy, and many others are individuals of integrity who refuse to be associated with Israel or Zionism.

Therefore, please refrain from conflating Jews and Judaism with a few anonymous individuals who use pseudonyms on various forums to support the tragic events in Gaza falsely in the name of Judaism. The responsibility for these actions lies solely with Israel and Zionists.

Its individuals like you and your mates on here that are responsible for spreading lies, keeping defending the indefensible of war crimes, cheering on the genocide and bringing bad name to Jews and Judaism when some of you may not even be Jews but rather some evangelical Christian fanatics, hard-core ideological Zionists or some other twisted ideology with an agenda.

Anyone who apologises for this genocide needs to examine their conscience. 

• Agree 1