Female Filipino Tourist Attacked, Robbed, and Nearly Raped at Reservoir in Pattaya Area

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya —A 27-year-old Filipino tourist was assaulted and robbed of her mobile phone on the outskirts of the Chak Nok Reservoir near Pattaya on Tuesday morning, April 2nd, 2024.

The horrible incident took place at 8:36 AM in the Huai Yai sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province. Huay Yai police were notified that a Filipino tourist was robbed of her phone and was allegedly almost raped by a man near the Chak Nok Reservoir. Relevant law enforcement officers rushed to the scene to aid her.

On their arrival, police found the victim, a 27-year-old Filipino woman who could not be identified due to concerns about her privacy at the time of reporting, suffering a wound on her right hand and bruises around her body. Her face was covered in blood. She was with a Good Samaritan, Mr. Uthit Krooking, 47.

According to Mr. Uthit, the victim told him she was walking along Sukhumvit Road in the early morning when a man riding a black motorcycle approached her. The man, described as being approximately 165 centimeters tall with dark skin and wearing a black shirt and shorts, offered to take the victim back to her accommodation.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-04-03

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, webfact said:

The man, described as being approximately 165 centimeters tall with dark skin and wearing a black shirt and shorts,

Well that narrows it down to about 90% of the local men...

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

According to Mr. Uthit, the victim told him she was walking along Sukhumvit Road in the early morning when a man riding a black motorcycle approached her. The man, described as being approximately 165 centimeters tall with dark skin and wearing a black shirt and shorts, offered to take the victim back to her accommodation.

Big mistake taking the lift, lessons learnt I hope.

Hope the CCTV catches the perp.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Why in the world did she get up on a bike with an unknown man in private clothes? Hope they have camera evidence somewhere and can catch the dork. Tall and dark skin, sounds awfully much like the Nigierians updated their game from romance to violence.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

offered to take the victim back to her accommodation.

Where was she coming from at 8.30 am ?, surely not a morning stroll.

Not that, that makes this crime right. She accepted a lift so must have been tired..... I'm not victim blaming but just asking.

• Sad 3

15 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Not that, that makes this crime right. She accepted a lift so must have been tired..... I'm not victim blaming but just asking.

Why not?

What time do you deem as acceptable for a morning stroll?

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Why not?

8.30am is a perfectly acceptable time for a stroll, but most would not be too tired to walk back home, most would have turned back before that. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Why not?

She was packing a knife and stabbed the dude.  This is a weird story. 

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Why in the world did she get up on a bike with an unknown man in private clothes

This made me smile because yesterday morning a Thai lady  (around 60 years old)  on Jomtien Beach Road flagged me down and complained about the lack of Songtaews.  I got her to jump on the back of my bike and took her up to 2nd Road where she could catch a ride.

I'd have taken her to Pattaya but the old girl started getting frisky and I didn't fancy what was on offer. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

she was walking along Sukhumvit Road in the early morning when a man riding a black motorcycle approached her.

offered to take the victim back to her accommodation

This is crazy, why would she do something so stupid?

Maybe had no money. 

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Why in the world did she get up on a bike with an unknown man in private clothes? Hope they have camera evidence somewhere and can catch the dork. Tall and dark skin, sounds awfully much like the Nigierians updated their game from romance to violence.

I think there is more to the story.

• Agree 1

On 4/3/2024 at 1:01 PM, Gottfrid said:

Maybe she knew the perp