Thai doctor in Swiss expat case says she has ‘stress’

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, Jack West Jr said:

Lived in the Philippines for fifteen years , now ten years in Thailand. Both Filipinas and Thai ladies of a certain social standing delight in being drama queens . Simple as that.

Or they really do feel what they feel. Simple as that.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Plus all the public attention can take it's toll on someone who usually has a quiet life in the background 

Plus it may help raise the compensation, once Thais smell money they can be very innovative, wait a few days more and she may find she suffered whiplash.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A Phuket doctor at the centre of an assault case involving a Swiss expat says she is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of the incident.

A compensation lawsuit coming anytime now...

3 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Unlike the smell of money in lawsuits in the USA... right?  

The Americans are the masters but little is left over after lawyers fees.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Mark Nothing said:

She is back for an encore performance.  She was in the wrong and started the problem.

I would suggest she respect the property rights of those legally authorised to be there and not intrude on private property as unpleasant consequences can occur, even for those deemed superior in the social hierarchy ladder. 

I have party houses below my condo which are a real nuisance.  Playing music, loud talking, splashing in the pool, leaving debris everywhere, usually into the late hours of the night.  But I live with it as I only have a rinky dink elcheapo condo.  But if paying 1 million baht a month, I could understand the reasonable expectation to not have intruders affecting the renters rights.

The steps were on public land I recall. 

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Shouldn't have sat on the steps 😉

Shouldn't have sat on someone else's steps. 

I saw the video clip and it didn't seem so stressful a situation.....she will be claiming a whiplash neck injury next. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Really?

Maybe she should think again if she is ready to be a doctor.

Imagine if she sees someone with knife wounds. She will be totally stressed out and unable to work.

And probably she will need at least a month to recover from the trauma.

I still think the Swiss guy should be punished. But please stay with the facts. He kicked her, she had nothing broken and wasn't admitted to a hospital. Most of us would have forgotten that kick latest on the next day.

Absolutely, it seems, as the Swiss guy is well off, she is after some form of compensation = money?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

As would any Brit if possible under similar circumstances. She should get all she can out of this pr*ck. She probably IS stressed. It was quite a shock. Docs aren't the bar girls you're accustomed to.

They do tend to be over worshipped in Thailand

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Shouldn't have sat on someone else's steps. 

I saw the video clip and it didn't seem so stressful a situation.....she will be claiming a whiplash neck injury next. 

You really shouldn't give her ideas?😆

• Haha 1

Section 295.Whoever, causes injury to the other person in body or mind is said to commit bodily harm, and shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding two years or fined not exceeding four thousand Baht, or both... I’ll go for the 4000 baht 😁

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

They do tend to be over worshipped in Thailand

Strange but true, I was in a conversation a couple of weeks ago and they kept referring to my friend as Dr xxxx, who wasn't there, and the conversation was not about my friend, 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1