Thai doctor offered bribe to drop lawsuit in Swiss scandal

webfact

47 minutes ago, RobU said:

Joe Ferrari has been tried and imprisoned. 

And how many other exceptions are there to the rule that the RTP never, ever, under any circumstances get tried, prosecuted, convicted and imprisoned.

How many others can you cite? Sometimes when a crime is so open and so notoriously and gets so much attention the RTP and the dysfunctional justice system has no choice other than to act, but it is almost certainly against their will. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RobU said:

She was injured, pictures have been posted of the red mark on her back caused by the kick. It must have hurt a lot to create such a mark

Wow! A red mark. That isn't an injury. Again, mountain mole hill.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bundooman said:

"Dave' as in he's a real friend or 'Dave' as in being over familiar with an arrogant bully?

What's wrong with just stating his surname or just his full name?

'Dave' gives this thug credibility.

Because I am a friendly type of chap......😉

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Well, to be fair, most stuff here IS settled by a cash payment, that's part of the social/legal culture.  I wouldn't have called it a "bribe".

What would you call it? greasing the wheels? LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

And how many other exceptions are there to the rule that the RTP never, ever, under any circumstances get tried, prosecuted, convicted and imprisoned.

How many others can you cite? Sometimes when a crime is so open and so notoriously and gets so much attention the RTP and the dysfunctional justice system has no choice other than to act, but it is almost certainly against their will. 

Irrelevant comment I merely pointed out that Joe Ferrari has been convicted and imprisoned

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Aside from taking his business

His "business" was a scam to get a visa qualified for annual extensions. Already identified as such by authorities. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, rexpotter said:

Agreed, is she seriously injured? Has she lost her ability to walk? Or to function physically any differently than prior to the hit in the back?

My God, drop it. Let the system deal with it how it normally gets dealt with. Whats the point? She will not change this system.

"Let the system deal with it how it normally gets dealt with."

One could argue that "how it normally gets dealt with" is for the case to hang around until an offer of money is accepted.

• Like 2

He kicked the wrong person.

The family has been waiting for this all their lives it seems.  

I wonder who is whispering in their ear?

They wouldn't pursue this with such fortitude if it didn't meet some political agenda 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alien365 said:

Erm... Where is the evidence that he is a racist? You've been calling him all sorts of names in this thread, which I don't mind, but you will lose a lot more credibility if you start making things up. 

Would Dave have assaulted the bird if he thought she were a farangy, I wonder....:whistling:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, transam said:

Would Dave have assaulted the bird if he thought she were a farangy, I wonder....:whistling:

I have no idea; I don't know the guy. I believe that he may not have done it to someone his own size (a bully) but I fail to see racism here.

• Agree 1

The police are doing the right thing (i know world turning upside down) she has no physical injuries from the assault and mental harm is hard to prove definitively, if she continues to push the mental issues she is allegedly suffering from she might have her medical license suspended (depending what type of doctor she is )

she is definitely enjoying he 3 weeks of fame and is desperate to remain in the spotlight, 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, alien365 said:

Erm... Where is the evidence that he is a racist? You've been calling him all sorts of names in this thread, which I don't mind, but you will lose a lot more credibility if you start making things up. 

Maybe you haven’t acquainted yourself with all aspects of this case; he initially said that he didn’t know it was a Thai national that he kicked. He said he thought it was a Chinese woman … how’s that for racism ?

And BTW, have you got anything on topic to say about this issue, or do you just troll threads to see if you can find any comments to criticise. With the thread 7 pages old, your comment to me appears to be your first one.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1