Am looking for new dTac SIM - 30 Mbps - Unlimited download - 1 year

I’ve got to do something to make my home WiFi internet simple and more reliable. 

My mobile phone service is with AIS, and the package I have with that number includes 100 g of internet per month, which is throttled after 5 gb.  I use my phone as a hotspot when I’m traveling. That has always worked great. 

I also have an AIS 4G WiFi router that has its own separate number and its own SIM card.  It has one Ethernet connection, so I can connect my Apple TV box.  Anyway, when it works, it works ok, but it isn’t that fast. It also slows to a crawl every so often until I turn it off and then turn it back on again at which time it seems to establish a new connection with a possibly different server?  So I have to do that ten times a day. Annoying. Maybe I’m doing something wrong or I’m expecting too much.

What I’d  like to find is a SIM card and router for data.  Unlimited download at a reasonable speed that I don’t have to fool around with all the time. I went to the True store at the mall to see what they had, but the guy I spoke with didn’t really speak English very well. He showed me a router for 2000 baht or so, and a 12 month SIM with 100 gb at 1.5 MBS. That SIM was around 1700 baht, if I remember correctly. At the time, I couldn’t figure out if the 100 gb was meant to last all year, or whether you got that every month, full speed. So I didn’t buy anything. I wouldn’t mind if I had to pay 1700 a month.

At my condo, I can get TMN cable and internet, or a package from True.  The girl in the condo office seemed to think TMN was the way to go. Maybe I should just try one of those services.  Cost isn’t an issue, but I don’t want to throw money away if I don’t have to.

36 minutes ago, jas007 said:

I’ve got to do something to make my home WiFi internet simple and more reliable. 

My mobile phone service is with AIS, and the package I have with that number includes 100 g of internet per month, which is throttled after 5 gb.  I use my phone as a hotspot when I’m traveling. That has always worked great. 

I also have an AIS 4G WiFi router that has its own separate number and its own SIM card.  It has one Ethernet connection, so I can connect my Apple TV box.  Anyway, when it works, it works ok, but it isn’t that fast. It also slows to a crawl every so often until I turn it off and then turn it back on again at which time it seems to establish a new connection with a possibly different server?  So I have to do that ten times a day. Annoying. Maybe I’m doing something wrong or I’m expecting too much.

What I’d  like to find is a SIM card and router for data.  Unlimited download at a reasonable speed that I don’t have to fool around with all the time. I went to the True store at the mall to see what they had, but the guy I spoke with didn’t really speak English very well. He showed me a router for 2000 baht or so, and a 12 month SIM with 100 gb at 1.5 MBS. That SIM was around 1700 baht, if I remember correctly. At the time, I couldn’t figure out if the 100 gb was meant to last all year, or whether you got that every month, full speed. So I didn’t buy anything. I wouldn’t mind if I had to pay 1700 a month.

At my condo, I can get TMN cable and internet, or a package from True.  The girl in the condo office seemed to think TMN was the way to go. Maybe I should just try one of those services.  Cost isn’t an issue, but I don’t want to throw money away if I don’t have to.

I use a travel router from GL-Inet. It connects to wifi (the hotspot on my phone) and allows 2 or 3 wired connections for the tv box, etc. It can also be connected to via wifi. So I go out and carry my phone and the gl-inet has no internet and when I return it connects automatically to my phone and Bob's your uncle.

There are two gl-inet boxes, one 902.11AC and one for AX. One is the gl-axt1800 and the other is the gl-a1300. I have both and have been using them for years with no issues.

So those travel routers act just like the hotspot on your phone, except that you can plug stuff into it?  The only thing I would use it for when out and about would be as a hotspot, but my phone can already perform that function, and I can connect to it wirelessly already.  

The problem I’m having is at home with my current home wifi  gizmo.  I’m looking for something that will be more or less “unlimited, “ in terms of data usage. If I have to pay more, so be it. The alternative is home fiber internet/wifi.  That kind of service is usually fast and reliable and is always on.

17 hours ago, jas007 said:

Perhaps this one might be suitable if phone calls are not necessary 

https://www.alottechs.com/product/sim-nt

on lazada as well.

On 6/19/2024 at 1:19 PM, Red Phoenix said:

I already have a 30 Mbps unlimited download SIM from dTac which is valid till mid April next year.  But I ordered that advertised SIM for use next year, as the price was 3 times lower than the Mobile2You one I have.  And indeed the seller did sent me a different SIM than the one I ordered.  That SIM featured maximum download speed, whether it was unlimited download was unclear (it said 50 GB on the SIM), and it had 100 free phone calls per month to any provider.  Quite a good deal for 1.064,- THB.  That particular DtAC  I might have considered keeping the one that they did sent me, were it not that it was already registered and expiry date was 30 March 2025.  So I contacted Lazada that it was not the product that I had ordered, and the courier came to pick it up again within hours, in the days after that I received a message from Lazada that the money I paid on delivery is on my Wallet, and can be either send to my Thai bank-account or can be used for later orders. 

So yes, somewhat of a scam by the seller, advertising a different product than what he sends over.  Actually I don't understand why the seller does not advertise the ACTUAL product that they will provide, as that one is not available anywhere in Thailand and is a very fine deal.

1000005481.jpg

mate got an 8 day happy tourist sim, it is a lottery what you will get, total scam.

20 hours ago, jas007 said:

Seems as if your AIS router is band switching and so resetting the connection each time. I solved that issue by obtaining a router that allowed you to choose a particular band. Improved speeds considerably, as the other bands were congested and relatively slow.

Annual Unlimited SIM are available, but that doesn't mean they will all perform optimally. Your device and location will play a part.

TRUE Unlimited 15 Mbps is around 2800 baht. DTAC Unlimited 15 Mbps around 2600 baht. AIS no longer sells their equivalent, though you can attach an Annual Unlimited 6 Mbps pack for 3500 baht.

NT Mobile has Unlimited 15 Mbps for around 1700: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/angel-nt-15mbps-i5181594586-s21988769178.html & https://www.lazada.co.th/products/angel-nt-15mbps-i5182564004-s21994319585.html

There is the NT Thunder SIM mentioned a couple of posts earlier: https://wcsoss.totwbs.com/promotion

999 baht for unlimited up to 100Mbps fixed point data for 12 months. Again, location and device permitting.

MybyNT has Unlimited 10Mbps for 2200 baht: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/my-by-nt-10mbps-60-1-i4150485125-s16289158002.html

There are also a couple of annual options for unlimited 30 Mbps: My by NT: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/my-my-by-nt-30mbps-60-nt-i556522165-s1019344298.html and DTAC(stocks are intermittent in their availabilty). Similar pricing.

All prices are correct to within 100 baht. Anything drastically cheaper is fake.

If you have a Thai partner, than you have access to GoMo Unlimited 10Mbps for 160 baht per 30 days.

There is Finnmobile.io that offers Unlimited 20 Mbps for 259 monthly.

I think that covers everything for when it comes to unlimited data packs. Best to bookmark it.

Edited by NowNow
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, NowNow said:

There is the NT Thunder SIM mentioned a couple of posts earlier: https://wcsoss.totwbs.com/promotion

999 baht for unlimited up to 100Mbps fixed point data for 12 months.

For @jas007 > That 1-year unlimited 100 Mbps NT Thunder SIM would be ideal as he would use it in his router so no need for phone calls/connectivity.

8 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

For @jas007 > That 1-year unlimited 100 Mbps NT Thunder SIM would be ideal as he would use it in his router so no need for phone calls/connectivity.

IF his router has the capability to find and utilise LTE Band 40 and IF he has coverage in the first place. Don't get over-excited 😊

On 6/6/2024 at 3:50 PM, NowNow said:

I don't understand any of this..... "AIS 200 month unlimited data...." What is that?

I have AIS Unlimited 10 Mbps with Unlimited 15 minute calls for when I'm in Thailand. 200 baht per month. It is perpetually extended. Perhaps you meant that package.

Now you are saying a girl in an AIS shop gave you the same deal for 1400 baht for six months. I think not, otherwise you would just continue the same package at the same price. She gave you another package and you don't seem to understand what she actually gave you. Is it this? Welcome to AIS One-2-Call! – LIVE DIGITAL, LIVE Detail

• SIM Price at 1,400 Baht (Valid for 6 months)
  • Enjoy internet access at 4 Mbps for 20 GB/ month. After the limit is reached, continue access at 128 Kbps.
  • Call in AIS 1 Baht/hour

i went to AIS shop at hang dong BIG C...the gal asked how long i was here I said 6 months as the 200 unlimited plan expired..

so she gave me the 4Mbps plan..unlimited internet.....i never call anyone so i just use the internet for spotify all day and stream tv on my chromecast at night.....never had issues with speeds or connection thru my hotspot.....

the plan you posted seems right...6 months..1400..used my old 12 call sim....im sure ive reached my limit but hasnt seemed to affect my abilty to still use it daily for spotify and streaming chromecast.....old plan was 200 month..new comes to 233 bt

anyhoo it works for me....

On 4/10/2024 at 2:38 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I have the same 30mbps unlimited sim, I've decided to get 3BB fiber instead, only 2k more and unlimited data and 500mbps+ speeds. The sim year deals are poor now on Lazada and Shopee

What good does 3bb fiber do someone looking for mobile data?

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Depends where they use most of their data hence why i switched to 3BB, usually it's home

why conflate the two? 

it is given that I have a wired home connection, and i would suspect the majority of people talking about mobile, want exactly that --  mobile internet. 

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

i went to AIS shop at hang dong BIG C...the gal asked how long i was here I said 6 months as the 200 unlimited plan expired..

so she gave me the 4Mbps plan..unlimited internet.....i never call anyone so i just use the internet for spotify all day and stream tv on my chromecast at night.....never had issues with speeds or connection thru my hotspot.....

the plan you posted seems right...6 months..1400..used my old 12 call sim....im sure ive reached my limit but hasnt seemed to affect my abilty to still use it daily for spotify and streaming chromecast.....old plan was 200 month..new comes to 233 bt

anyhoo it works for me....

How can you have reached the limit of an Unlimited 4Mbps package? The only limit is the speed, not the volume.

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

In my experience, these sims doubled in price over the last year and unlimited speed is no longer on offer, 

😊 I posted at least nine different options for Unlimited data volume, including prices. Don't waste your time arguing that they are not unlimited.

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I went to buy one of those in a NT shop a month ago, was told they no longer do them. Its now 250 a month and you need to keep topping up. They said 1 year may come back, but not yet.

May be able to get them off lazada etc though?

On 4/10/2024 at 8:38 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I have the same 30mbps unlimited sim, I've decided to get 3BB fiber instead, only 2k more and unlimited data and 500mbps+ speeds. The sim year deals are poor now on Lazada and Shopee

2k more would equate to a price of 399 baht inclusive of VAT. Share with our esteemed members where they can get a 500Mbps Fibre connection for 399 baht inclusive of VAT. Hopefully to include installation and equipment.

10 minutes ago, sungod said:

I went to buy one of those in a NT shop a month ago, was told they no longer do them. Its now 250 a month and you need to keep topping up. They said 1 year may come back, but not yet.

May be able to get them off lazada etc though?

Your error. You tried to buy a completely different product. Perhaps NT Mobile or MybyNT as opposed to NT Wireless. 

The 250 monthly topup sounds like a MybyNT SIM.

https://shopee.co.th/nt.official_shop

The 12 month SIM are widely available, from 899 baht.

29 minutes ago, NowNow said:

2k more would equate to a price of 399 baht inclusive of VAT. Share with our esteemed members where they can get a 500Mbps Fibre connection for 399 baht inclusive of VAT. Hopefully to include installation and equipment.

Depends on condo, check 3bbfibre.net and chat with them on Line, no need to go to an office, one off installation is usually on top, at my condo 3,000 baht, quite a lot of work to install fibre direct to your condo

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Depends on condo, check 3bbfibre.net and chat with them on Line, no need to go to an office, one off installation is usually on top, at my condo 3,000 baht, quite a lot of work to install fibre direct to your condo

Nothing there for 399. I checked with them a while back. The cheap condo packages for 299 etc were something like 50Mbps/20 Mbpa and didn't cover my condo anyway.

45 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Your error. You tried to buy a completely different product. Perhaps NT Mobile or MybyNT as opposed to NT Wireless. 

The 250 monthly topup sounds like a MybyNT SIM.

https://shopee.co.th/nt.official_shop

The 12 month SIM are widely available, from 899 baht.

That official shop on Shopee is currently showing only 1, 3  or 6 month options.  I noticed this a month or so ago as my current package is due to expire and I'd started looking about. The earlier link you gave still mentions the 1 year option but takes you on to the Shopee page without them!

I was able to get a yearly one on Lazada for 900 baht.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, NowNow said:

Annual Unlimited SIM are available, but that doesn't mean they will all perform optimally. Your device and location will play a part.

Location and availability, also bandwidth.  A carrier may offer unlimited 30mbps, but how much of it is available/usable in a given area? A carrier that provides a higher volume of cellular towers will probably be more likely to have less congested bandwidth and offer better connectivity at lower speeds, a little more expensive sure, though without the aggravation.

Using the map on the link, selecting country and carrier, one can see quite a disparity between some of the carriers.

https://www.nperf.com/en/map/TH/-/19345.AIS-Mobile/download?ll=18.76421779682828&lg=98.97891998291017&zoom=11

8 hours ago, sungod said:

I dont see any 1 year sims on there?

You wrote about topping up 250 baht per month. So definitely not the NT Wireless SIM. I think that you would have been happy with a six month SIM had they offered that to you.

I buy DTAC 15Mbps Unlimited sims from a Lazada seller called WPNMobile. Also included in the deal is unlimited free calls (Max 15 mins per call) within the DTAC network and 60 minutes free per month to all other networks. In 2021, the sim cost 1300 baht, in 2022 it cost 1210 baht (using coupons etc) and in 2023 it cost 1570 baht. Today the same sim costs 2590 baht. I don't stream videos on the phone and I use the sim mainly for getting money from ATMs, paying bills on the go, Line, some light browsing and emergency situations. So, this year (in a couple of weeks) I will buy a DTAC 15Mbps limited sim (60Gb/100Gb per month) as this will more than meet my needs and save me around 700-800 baht. They have other deals in their Lazada store

See https://s.lazada.co.th/s.oklXc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I buy DTAC 15Mbps Unlimited sims from a Lazada seller called WPNMobile. Also included in the deal is unlimited free calls (Max 15 mins per call) within the DTAC network and 60 minutes free per month to all other networks. In 2021, the sim cost 1300 baht, in 2022 it cost 1210 baht (using coupons etc) and in 2023 it cost 1570 baht. Today the same sim costs 2590 baht. I don't stream videos on the phone and I use the sim mainly for getting money from ATMs, paying bills on the go, Line, some light browsing and emergency situations. So, this year (in a couple of weeks) I will buy a DTAC 15Mbps limited sim (60Gb/100Gb per month) as this will more than meet my needs and save me around 700-800 baht. They have other deals in their Lazada store

https://www.dtac.co.th/prepaid/products/ready-sim.html

Same price, and perhaps keep your existing number if you walk into a store?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Polaky said:

No. If that were possible then it would be available as an 'add-on'. It's called Ready SIM because it's a new SIM package. But you can select your number from the range they present online. So best to buy online in that case. 1690 from the WPN website.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Polaky said:
5 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Thanks for the DTAC link. That's useful info.

My "existing" number is on another sim card in the other slot, so having a new number is no problem for me.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NowNow said:

No. If that were possible then it would be available as an 'add-on'. It's called Ready SIM because it's a new SIM package. But you can select your number from the range they present online. So best to buy online in that case. 1690 from the WPN website.

Not sure where you get 1690, you mean 1790?

On another note I have never been successful in activating online due to their photo verification system,

need to go into a shop, In patong there is no longer a dtac store, so you have to go to Phuket Town, in Pattaya there are three stores.

Thanks everyone for all the replies and help.

It seems as though I need to change what I’m doing.  AIS is charging me 1199 baht per month for Unlimited Super WiFi. I have a 4G WiFi router, so the speed is never more than about 30 Mbps, and drops from there, so I occasionally have to reboot it when the channel I’m on becomes congested. Anyway, it sounds as if I need a different plan or different SIM card.  And maybe a more advanced router?  The router I have I purchased from AIS, complete with a SIM card good for one year and 100 gb. It didn’t cost much. Somewhere along the line I updated the plan to the super WIFI unlimited, as 100 gb didn’t last long.

It sounds like I can get an entire year of service for what I’m currently paying for one month.

I guess I’m used to paying a lot for Internet in the USA, where monthly fiber to my place cost a little over $100, depending on usage.  I got 100 gb with the plan, and then had to pay extra money for every 10 gb thereafter. I never looked into the cost of a mobile hotspot or the charges for wireless data.

• Like 1