Foreigner's Shocking Behavior On Soi 4 Sparks Outrage in Bangkok [videos]

george

19 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

I like the "GUTS" sign...

Poor sod, ate some of the legendary "street food", got sick, $hat himself and panicked. 

Only Thai food is to blame here. You see?

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 13.16.59.png

Yes, and the good news is if he did it on the street, he might be able to see someone step in it, which is high quality entertainment, especially if its a woman.

20 hours ago, george said:

While the identity of the man remains unknown, the incident highlights a recurring issue of disrespectful behavior by some foreign visitors to there being next-to-no public toilets in Thailand.

Not to excuse him though. I always use a toilet in a hotel if I have an 'urgent problem'.

19 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

OMG... what the hell. 

Get him out if this country asap.  What a grot. 

No excuse for this behaviour 

Probably (almost certainly?) has a mental problem? That would be (the only?) legitimate excuse. He's not mentally aware of time and place. Other than that I agree with you.

"And I thought the Chinese had the corner on that particular behavior according to many AN OPs. "

One should not rush to judgement.

There are more than 55 ethnic minorities in china.

But he kinda looks like Dr Phil

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, eyeman said:

That's so funny.

Excuse me for not participating in the outage... Made me chuckle, uniquely Nana, 🤣 having the balls to take a shower at a place where thais seek guidance and luck on lottery numbers... funny

Do that anywhere in the world shows a lack of respect not to mention the health hazard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, James105 said:

Well, technically he didn't expose his wiener to anyone, as no-one can possibly see it due to the gigantic overhanging belly he is sporting.  

German, maybe his name is Weiner?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thesetat said:

It is worth noting that there are no public restrooms available to the public or to tourists. Asking shops to use their toilets is a waste of time because they will refuse. Most bars will demand you buy drink if coming in to use their toilet. This area is a good example of not providing for the needs of the tourists that walk around spending money in the shops. What this man did was abhorrent, but in considering he probably had nowhere else to go except in his pants. He chose this option. Also, the Thai security guard aided and most likely suggested the man use that water to wash himself. Even aiding by spraying a hose on the guy since he had already got some crap in his pants. Thailand wants all these tourists, but they leave little choices in providing things like trash cans and toilets which in turn causes behavior that can make them look bad. 

I would bet this man never once did this type of action before.

I’ve never had a problem using a toilet in Bangkok it’s no excuse this piece of fat lard was just to lazy having said that in other parts of Thailand I’ve seen Thai men and woman taking a toilet break up against a coconut tree or on the side of the road but never at a holy shrine 

41 minutes ago, BengMelea said:

Probably (almost certainly?) has a mental problem? That would be (the only?) legitimate excuse. He's not mentally aware of time and place. Other than that I agree with you.

More likely a drink problem.

20 hours ago, JimTripper said:

That's mental illness. Not on the same level as disgusting tourists and the like.

Exactly.... The man needs help.... Ppl are too quick to judge and ridicule.... Holier than thou brigade...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I’ve never had a problem using a toilet in Bangkok it’s no excuse this piece of fat lard was just to lazy having said that in other parts of Thailand I’ve seen Thai men and woman taking a toilet break up against a coconut tree or on the side of the road but never at a holy shrine 

A spirit house, nothing holy about it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Well, the guy is clearly not in his right mind. Mental issues, some form of early onset of dementia or so...As per some comments on soi4. Must admit i've been there countless of times and it's actually not the place where i saw the worst behaviours, far from it . Mostly people walking around half-bored actually, like in a shopping mall (which it is, in a way...). (ps : i did relieve myself once between 2 cars in Spain after some bad tapas in a seedy bar in Madrid's hot spot. Sometimes it just goes straight through you like a lighting bolt and there is nothing you can do 🙂

6 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

Maybe he had heat stroke, couldn't think, was dizzy and close to death. You know it’s pretty dam hot our there right now. It is not easy to quickly find a toilet in an emergency especially in that area. How can we draw conclusions from some photo or quick video? Perhaps the security guard saw a real emergency and tried to save his life. Add in the trashing quick comments from the high morality warriors here who have never done a dam thing wrong in their lives and many I suspect have never even been to that area.

Heat stroke is a possibility of course.

22 hours ago, george said:

437797549_3611319655789360_6431588463987353939_n.jpg

BANGKOK – Videos and photos of a foreign man defecating in public on a busy Bangkok street and then bathing in a Buddhist shrine has gone viral, sparking disgust and anger among local residents and online viewers.

The incident, filmed on Thursday in the infamous Soi Nana (Sukhumvit Soi 4) district, shows the man casually squatting on the sidewalk before proceeding to wash himself in a nearby shrine with the apparent assistance of a Thai security guard.

The graphic videos and photos, shared to ASEAN NOW by a witness, condemning the man's blatant disrespect for Thai culture and public decency.

Calls for Action

Witnesses expressed a mix of shock and frustration, calling for authorities to locate and take action against the man. Some have voiced concerns about the negative image this portrays of foreigners in Thailand.

While the identity of the man remains unknown, the incident highlights a recurring issue of disrespectful behavior by some foreign visitors to Thailand.

It's worth noting that public urination is already an issue in some districts of Bangkok, but this incident goes far beyond that in terms of both hygiene and cultural offense.

-- ASEAN NOW 2024-04-12

Photos and videos by Pontus:

435855055_786884746706482_1717342795343499535_n.jpg

22 hours ago, george said:

437797549_3611319655789360_6431588463987353939_n.jpg

BANGKOK – Videos and photos of a foreign man defecating in public on a busy Bangkok street and then bathing in a Buddhist shrine has gone viral, sparking disgust and anger among local residents and online viewers.

The incident, filmed on Thursday in the infamous Soi Nana (Sukhumvit Soi 4) district, shows the man casually squatting on the sidewalk before proceeding to wash himself in a nearby shrine with the apparent assistance of a Thai security guard.

The graphic videos and photos, shared to ASEAN NOW by a witness, condemning the man's blatant disrespect for Thai culture and public decency.

Calls for Action

Witnesses expressed a mix of shock and frustration, calling for authorities to locate and take action against the man. Some have voiced concerns about the negative image this portrays of foreigners in Thailand.

While the identity of the man remains unknown, the incident highlights a recurring issue of disrespectful behavior by some foreign visitors to Thailand.

It's worth noting that public urination is already an issue in some districts of Bangkok, but this incident goes far beyond that in terms of both hygiene and cultural offense.

-- ASEAN NOW 2024-04-12

Photos and videos by Pontus:

435855055_786884746706482_1717342795343499535_n.jpg

437951128_442646348292257_7499929529456045967_n.jpg

The man is on drugs! There's no doubt about that. 

Authorities must take action !!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!!

Provide usable, clean public toilets is the action required 

Thailand strives to be a tourist heavenly center but no public toilets at all. 
 Deplorable toilets that are available outside of major shopping centers 

• Agree 1

It is disgusting and abhorrent to see such behaviour.

I do wonder why though, in the last month or so, somebody or some people in the media are determined to show all foreigners in the worst possible light.

Also with a cretin such as the one photographed, where are the Police when they are most needed?

Lastly, the guy is mentally challenged and it does make me wonder how he managed to get here in the first place and managed to negotiate airports, checks and security.

3 minutes ago, smew said:

Yes!!!!

That's abosultely 100% correct! There is nowhere to go. Try it sometime when you have a real emergency, its impossible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

It is disgusting and abhorrent to see such behaviour.

I do wonder why though, in the last month or so, somebody or some people in the media are determined to show all foreigners in the worst possible light.

Also with a cretin such as the one photographed, where are the Police when they are most needed?

Lastly, the guy is mentally challenged and it does make me wonder how he managed to get here in the first place and managed to negotiate airports, checks and security.

Lots of judgement there bro.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, smew said:

Yes!!!!

I don't think the guy in the picture would have sought out toilets anyhow.

He's two sandwiches short of a picnic.

• Confused 2

I have seen an obviously mental Thai woman drop her knickers and have a dump opposite Morning Night Bar on Soi 4 a few years back where there is/was a small entrance to the petrol station.

Edited by kingkenny