Anutin tells Swiss man Urs Fehr he should go home

webfact

On 4/13/2024 at 9:57 AM, BigStar said:

The deputy PM wants the process to go forward without any interference or influence.

But by commenting on an ongoing investigation, that is exactly what Anutin has done. 🤔

9 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

But by commenting on an ongoing investigation, that is exactly what Anutin has done. 🤔

He informed Fehr the appeal will be denied and he should go home. He commented that the investigation should go forward w/o bribes or influence, not about Fehr's guilt or innocence. So the court understands it's to apply the law as it sees fit, doesn't matter long as it's objective.

And I do believe it really doesn't matter to Anutin. No matter the verdict, Fehr's leaving, good riddance. If he doesn't get time, he leaves even sooner.

Edited by BigStar

15 minutes ago, BigStar said:

He informed Fehr the appeal will be denied and he should go home. He commented that the investigation should go forward w/o bribes or influence, not about Fehr's guilt or innocence. So the court understands it's to apply the law as it sees fit, doesn't matter long as it's objective.

And I do believe it really doesn't matter to Anutin. No matter the verdict, Fehr's leaving, good riddance. If he doesn't get time, he leaves even sooner.

By commenting, the Deputy PM is clearly influencing the process.

You are clearly letting your own emotions and feelings deny you logic here. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

By commenting, the Deputy PM is clearly influencing the process.

You are clearly letting your own emotions and feelings deny you logic here. 

Or maybe you are. We done? You'll bicker and repeat endlessly.

Edited by BigStar

On 4/13/2024 at 8:29 AM, worgeordie said:

Interior Minister Anutin Charnvirakul ,I think you could say ,is not fond of Farangs

to say the least , Dirty Farangs was one of his quotes ,as he is minister of the Interior,

I would say the Swiss guy has zero chance of appealing against losing his Visa .and

I think his behavior justifies this , bye David. your actions have caused a lot of problems

for Farangs in Phuket ....

regards Worgeordie

He has been found guilty already so why both with a court case. I believe he is guilty but if, as is supposedly the case, that you are innocent until proven guilty, why was his visa cancelled?

36 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

He has been found guilty already so why both with a court case. I believe he is guilty but if, as is supposedly the case, that you are innocent until proven guilty, why was his visa cancelled?

I suppose he was declared "Persona non Grata "  up to Immigration or Interior Ministry ,

no need to go to court for that.

regards Worgeordie

On 4/13/2024 at 8:19 AM, bob smith said:

Commenting in this manner publicly by a senior member of government during an ongoing investigation is both unprofessional and extremely dangerous.

He is, in effect, subverting the rule of law by turning it into a personal vendetta motivated by his general dislike for farangs.

Shocking behavior as always.

Swiss david doesn’t stand a chance of a fair trial.

Not that I expected anything different..

TIT!…

(Or is it China? Sometimes the line is so blurred I can barely tell the difference!)

Bob.

Personal vendettas are a favourite Thai hobby. They want full credit for doing nothing.

Yes the Swiss guy should leave for his own safety and spend all his wealth in a more welcoming country by a government intervention he would have no chance if it goes to trial give her a million baht and get out of the place !

40 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

As explained a number of times, two different branches of gov't involved. Guilt or innocence is determined by the court via a trial. "Undesirable" is up to Immigration's discretion.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Yes the Swiss guy should leave for his own safety and spend all his wealth in a more welcoming country

Exactly. A welcoming country where he can freely indulge in road rage and kick respectable young ladies in the back in the dark as he and wife curse her out.

Man'll be in hog heaven. What other kinds of bullying of the inferior locals can he enjoy? Hee.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, TonyFromItaly said:

The question is: what will happen to all the assets owned by the foreigner who will be expelled?
Because he won't have time to sell everything if he is expelled.
Will the Thai government take them? If something like this happens, foreigners will have to be very careful in the future, all it takes is that there are false accusations or a case invented with someone's complicity and they will expel us and the assets remain in Thailand at their disposal.
Think about it, it's a dangerous precedent.
Tony

His wife is Thai and probably a lot of the assets are in her name already.

On 4/13/2024 at 1:37 AM, transam said:

In LOS Doctors are looked up too, a man putting their foot on a lady here is also frowned upon. 

So, Lady Doctor + foot + Mr. Angry farangy = Trouble.......🤭

Yes, of course. But it still is abnormal for it to be blown so far out of proportion, even with it being a doctor, and should have been dealt with in the police station. Yeah, it would have been more expensive than usual, but the police could likely have persuaded her, but more than likely they were in fear of getting in trouble from some stupid, outsized ego, doctor. They had no balls to get it done, kowtowed to the doctor, and it became a nightmare. I'd be willing to place a wager that her ego is off the charts. The situation has become completely absurd.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 4/13/2024 at 1:53 AM, Scouse123 said:

I hope you were not under the misguided impression that one would obtain justice in Thailand.

Of course not. The probability is low to begin with, and in this case, nonexistent.
What does that have to do with the fact that it is completely unethical?

1 minute ago, Sig said:

Yes, of course. But it still is abnormal for it to be blown so far out of proportion, even with it being a doctor, and should have been dealt with in the police station. Yeah, it would have been more expensive than usual, but the police could likely have persuaded her, but more than likely they were in fear of getting in trouble from some stupid, outsized ego, doctor. They had no balls to get it done, kowtowed to the doctor, and it became a nightmare. I'd be willing to place a wager that her ego is off the charts. The situation has become completely absurd.

It is not a nightmare for the aggrieved and her farangy partner....🤗

Any of us, in the Land of Smiles, should think first, before lashing out, especially a farangy with business interests...........:huh:

On 4/13/2024 at 2:00 AM, vinny41 said:

I don't believe it will make any difference, The judge will decided on the evidence put in front of the court

It would be impossible to believe that the Judge wouldn't be aware of the case via media and social media  but once again they will decide on the evidence put in front of the court

It doesn't matter what any of us believe. The point is that it is well understood that very powerful politician's statements are known to be very capable to bring prejudice to cases before courts. And it is internationally understood to be out of bounds.
These bureaucrats feed each other politically and that often brings real world results in terms of kickbacks, gifts, international vacations at 5 star resorts, extra padding to retirement, land deals, stock deals, children and grandchildren's admission to top private schools, universities and careers... and on and on it goes. Going against a powerful politician may possibly not bode well. And that's only that aspect of things, not to mention the psychological factors that are not easily measured. I think your view is naive in the extreme. If you ever had any experience in politics, you'd likely think differently.

10 minutes ago, transam said:

It is not a nightmare for the aggrieved and her farangy partner....🤗

Any of us, in the Land of Smiles, should think first, before lashing out, especially a farangy with business interests...........:huh:

On the contrary, I think it must be a nightmare for them. But, they made their bed, so they get to sleep in it, even if it is worse than it should be.

Yes, absolutely, and even regardless of being a farang and in a foreign country, or with business interests, any person should think first before lashing out. And it's HIGHLY likely that lashing out in the form of a kick or even an offensive gesture or words is not the best way of dealing with just about anything, let alone someone resting on some stairs. That guy, and his wife, clearly think far too much of themselves, as does the doctor. There's a saying, something to the effect of "A gentle answer turns away wrath." I think there's a lot of truth in that. And I think it can equally apply to being a gentle request, not only answer. Starting off with a kick is bizarre, to say the least.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 5:44 AM, billd766 said:

Anutin is a politician. Ethics are ethics.

Ethics and politicians are rarely found inhabiting the same space, in any country.

Yeah, sort of like how you know they're lying when their lips move....
But they should still be held to account as much as possible, which isn't much.

2 hours ago, Sig said:

Of course not. The probability is low to begin with, and in this case, nonexistent.
What does that have to do with the fact that it is completely unethical?

We know it's unethical, but it is impossible to change this system, it's in their DNA.

It is rotten to the core.

This Deputy PM, who doubles up as interior minister had decided and made his decision on the matter of the Swiss guy.

So, it's game over, and he has more or less announced that by saying ' Go home and don't waste your time on an appeal '

The Swiss guy's goose is cooked as far as ever operating that business again and whatever other restrictions are put on him depending on, and decided by the courts regarding re-entry.

I think we can be fairly certain phone calls by influential figures will be made to the Judge handling the case too, rightly or wrongly.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

We know it's unethical, but it is impossible to change this system, it's in their DNA.

It is rotten to the core.

This Deputy PM, who doubles up as interior minister had decided and made his decision on the matter of the Swiss guy.

So, it's game over, and he has more or less announced that by saying ' Go home and don't waste your time on an appeal '

The Swiss guy's goose is cooked as far as ever operating that business again and whatever other restrictions are put on him depending on, and decided by the courts regarding re-entry.

I think we can be fairly certain phone calls by influential figures will be made to the Judge handling the case too, rightly or wrongly.

I wouldn't doubt any of that. I just can't figure out why you responded to my comment, seeming like you were saying something in contrast to it, yet there is no contrast....

On 4/15/2024 at 10:18 AM, worgeordie said:

I suppose he was declared "Persona non Grata "  up to Immigration or Interior Ministry ,

no need to go to court for that.

regards Worgeordie

True after all guilty by general consent

I can't understand why the great majority of posters on this thread seems to dislike/hate Thais and root for a farang who has been so rude to a woman (because she is Thai she doesn't count as a woman?). That Swiss guy would pay hell if he had behaved like that in his country (kicking a Swiss woman or a foreigner).

As for the him being definitively shown the door it depends how much pull he has here in Thailand.

The oldtimers will remember that German in Pattaya that the Police wanted to get rid of (they had good reasons!).

It took a few years because the German was very influential and could muster powerful relations.

A Police chief and a Governor lost their jobs in the confrontation.

Finally a new Governor with extra strength support was able to sent the guy and his lieutenant on their way out.

1 minute ago, jayceenik said:

I can't understand why the great majority of posters on this thread seems to dislike/hate Thais and root for a farang who has been so rude to a woman (because she is Thai she doesn't count as a woman?). That Swiss guy would pay hell if he had behaved like that in his country (kicking a Swiss woman or a foreigner).

As for the him being definitively shown the door it depends how much pull he has here in Thailand.

The oldtimers will remember that German in Pattaya that the Police wanted to get rid of (they had good reasons!).

It took a few years because the German was very influential and could muster powerful relations.

A Police chief and a Governor lost their jobs in the confrontation.

Finally a new Governor with extra strength support was able to sent the guy and his lieutenant on their way out.

It all about common sense isn't?

Sorry to say, have met my share of deleted foreigners travelling Thailand, and I guess quite a few identify with David and his frustrations

On 4/13/2024 at 5:04 PM, transam said:

1. Do you know what a Doctor is.......?

2. Do you know what a lady is...?

3. Do you know what a kick is....?
4. Do you know what a court is for...?

1+2+3+4 = A Judge....:whistling:

stay close to home mate, you don't want to be out when mensa comes knocking

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

stay close to home mate, you don't want to be out when mensa comes knocking

Good afternoon, NooDLE, nice to hear from you again...........:saai:

On 4/13/2024 at 2:19 PM, BigStar said:

He may not be jailed. He is being treated equally, as the victim chose to press charges. He isn't being deported. His visa was revoked. Nor was his visa revoked solely because of the kick. He has no legal right to stay in Thailand if Immigration deems him an undesirable, which he is.

How exactly is revoking his visa different than deporting him? same result. As far as immigration deeming him undesirable - how is that different than discrimination? if his "victim" was someone less connected and/or he wasn't a foreigner neither police, immigration, or the court would handle the case as harshly as they are.

5 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

How exactly is revoking his visa different than deporting him? same result.

You can figure that out.

As far as immigration deeming him undesirable - how is that different than discrimination?

It is discrimination. It discriminates him as an undesirable from among the desirables, which he is. Immigration has the legal right to do. Why don't they cancel the visas of undesirable Thais? Figure that out too.

if his "victim" was someone less connected and/or he wasn't a foreigner neither police, immigration, or the court would handle the case as harshly as they are.

Connections matter, Thai or farang or Hottentot. A wealthy Thai wouldn't have kicked the lady in the back out there in the dark for sitting on "his" stairs near the beach. If a Thai had "slipped," he'd quickly apologize, esp. to a doc; and the doc would have accepted it, as she probably would have had Fehr had done the same. She'd also have accepted a quick settlement.

Fehr thoroughly annoyed her with his arrogance. True, as a respected, educated Thai she probably found it particularly annoying to be treated like a dog in her own country by a big arrogant pr*ck of a foreigner who has no innate right to be in Thailand anyway. Local Thais found it particularly annoying as well. He should respect his hosts--particularly a doctor. Kicking him out of the country will ensure he creates no more problems here.

When a doctor was hit on a crosswalk in BKK, there was quite a big uproar and a nationwide drive to create awareness about pedestrians in crosswalks. All the major crosswalks in Pattaya were repainted and made much more distinctive. Had it happened to a Thai street sweeper, the response would have been quite different.

Analogous cases in the West can be adduced. The killer of John Lennon--why wasn't he paroled for good behavior twenty years ago like other murderers?

Chapman first became eligible for parole in 2000 after serving twenty years in prison. Under New York state law, he is required to have a parole hearing every two years from that year onward. Since that time, a two- or three-member board has denied Chapman parole thirteen times. Before his first parole hearing, Yoko Ono sent a letter to the board requesting that Chapman should stay behind bars and serve out the remainder of his life sentence.

--Wikipedia

And then you have the members of the Manson family. They didn't just murder some homeless people. Yeah, they're treated differently--for a reason.

So whereas she probably wouldn't have pressed charges otherwise and been amenable to a settlement, now she made it a point to do so--which is understandable. Fehr brought the whole thing on himself and is no victim. Sorry; we really want to see him as the poor victim and whinge about xenophobia and imagine ourselves victims of mistreatment, too, as we often do on this forum.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1