The best coffee cafe in Pattaya

georgegeorgia

Need to go for a bit of a drive not sure if its Jomtien but its on the highway south Nitan Coffee Tales, seriously good coffee, they roast it as well...have a selection of beers on tap and are a restaurant as well.

• Agree 1

On 4/13/2024 at 7:40 PM, KhunLA said:

SB does give you a proper size cup of coffee, about 3X the size of most vendors, thus priced accordingly.  

SB coffee is rubbish, the prices are rubbish as well. I wouldn't drink it if I was paid.

• Haha 1

On 4/15/2024 at 9:32 AM, Cookster said:

Difficult to find a good coffee shop that actually has soy milk. 

It seems it's too hard to go and buy soy.. standard answer is "no hab"

Starbucks my favourite at the moment.....price irrelevant. 

Milk comes from cows, there is no such thing as "soy milk", that is fraud perpetrated by the manufacturers of that 'drink' made from soy.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Sid Bream said:

SB coffee is rubbish, the prices are rubbish as well. I wouldn't drink it if I was paid.

Just commented on size/price point.   Agree, I've had SB only once (@ MEM airport), and wouldn't drink it again.  One of the worst & expensive, as everyone in USA gives you an 8 or 12oz cup of coffee.

Best taste & value, was WAWA Hazelnut (Philly, USA), 16oz was like $1, though quite some time ago.  Delicious and back then, I wasn't a coffee drinker.

image.png.ab9df67dbeb38e3fa6644b639aa5cb9c.png

13 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

No one has mentioned AMAZON cafe?

Not a fan, or Inthanon Coffee, a bit better (@ Bangchak petrol station)

Personally, I'd rather drink Instant Hazelnut Cappuccino from 7-11 @ ฿20 (Aroma ?)

When we're O&A, we take our French press with us, and our own coffee, for that morning cup at the hotel.  We'll drink coffee at coffee shops, but few have really impressed me.

There was a Dunkin donuts @ Udon Thani that made a good cup of coffee.  I usually don't buy from the chains.  Bon Cafe was also decent @ Udon Thani.

Haven't had either since leaving UT.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

No one has mentioned AMAZON cafe?

Amazon coffee is ok, they use Thai Robusta which is why it tastes a little bitter, when in the middle of nowhere it's handy as PTTs have a 7 Eleven and Amazon, i go for the black coffee with milk 40 baht

In Thailand I find S & B, Starbucks, PunThai, Southern, Amazon, Dunkin, Black Canyon, Coffee Today, Coffee World and Inthanon all acceptable. The coffee at seven is okay, but I've gotten liquor in bigger cups. 

For the canned stuff I like the Nescafe latte.

I generally do not like "flavored" coffee but there is a great Vietnamese restaurant in Lat Krabang that has a great coconut iced coffee that I have when I eat there. 

At home I drink instant, and like Nescafe espresso roast & Coffee Mate 

I have not heard of SP coffee. 

7 minutes ago, Klonko said:

Where do I get a decent espresso or ristretto like in almost every bar in Italy?

Actually, I had an "illy" cappuccino at Audrey Thong Lo Soi 11 today that was pretty good. 

19 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Actually, I had an "illy" cappuccino at Audrey Thong Lo Soi 11 today that was pretty good. 

A little far from Pattaya just to go for a coffee 😆

13 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Coffee at the McDonald's the McCafe is pretty good.

Yes, i agree.

The Mac D's breakfast McMuffin is the only fast food i eat, it's ok IMO.