American tourist pretends to be German, then hits waitress in the face

Paris333

(Although I found the report in German Focus I make the interpretation for the members of forum)

An American first pretends to be German in a bar and then refuses to pay.😠

He attacks the waitresses and hits her in the face. A surveillance camera filmed everything.

This is the shocking moment a tourist attacks a waitress in Thailand. The American was out with his girlfriend in the nightlife district of Pattaya. There he entered a bar and introduced himself as a German tourist. When he was later handed the bill for 1,000 baht (around €25 euros), he refused to pay. Because he felt the bill was too high.

Tourist hits waitress in the face
The situation escalated: the tourist attacked the waitresses and even hit one in the face. The women were slightly injured. Shortly afterwards, the police arrived and arrested the man for drunkenness and assault. The US tourist is said to have subsequently offered 1 million baht (around €25,000 euros) as compensation for an out-of-court settlement. But the bar's employees want to continue the legal battle in court.

Source: (April 13 ,2024)

https://www.focus.de/panorama/welt/streit-in-thai-bar-eskaliert-tourist-gibt-sich-als-deutscher-aus-dann-schlaegt-er-kellnerin-ins-gesicht_id_259851912.html

Friendly recommendation to :

👉Thai Prime Minister Mr.Srettha Thavisin 

👉Minister of Justice Mr. Somsak Thepsutin

as well as👉 Tourism Minister Mr.Sudawan Wangsuphakijkosol

Thai citizens are not inferior citizens to be treated in this rude manner by western citizens.
As a Greek citizen from Athens I feel ashamed for the unacceptable incidents by westerners towards Thai citizens and Thai Authorities must take immediate protection measures by banning the entry for five years to western tourists who use violence against the gentle and smiling Thai citizens.

Edited by Paris333
  • Confused 4
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

Hahaha. Nobody likes the US anymore, not even Americans themselves!

On the other hand, I am sometimes also ashamed to be a German because our men are mostly non-men now but then somebody raises his hand for a Roman Salute and I am feeling German again!

Nah, I was just kidding. 

Every country has its negative sides and some negative aspects of the culture, by the way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paris333 said:

As a Greek citizen from Athens I feel ashamed for the unacceptable incidents by westerners towards Thai citizens and Thai Authorities must take immediate protection measures by banning the entry for five years to western tourists who use violence against the gentle and smiling Thai citizens

Thats a crock........... are  they going to give Thais who hit "westerners" 5 years in a Thai jail no reduced sentence, and define "westerners" how  about Indians?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

There's a good chance that most components in those MBs weren't even "Made in Germany". German design & specification maybe. The rest....? To quote: hmmmmmmm

It's the same for most manufacturers worldwide.

Looking at the video I think he left his MAGA cap at home, so he had to pretend he was from somewhere else. :tongue:

I have no idea how he would have pulled off the German accent, but the sheer level of aggression would have given him away. Germans can be pedantic & sometimes argumentative - but sadly the level of hostility is not at the same endemic levels as the US. With an election due later this year, it will only get worse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

https://www.focus.de/panorama/welt/streit-in-thai-bar-eskaliert-tourist-gibt-sich-als-deutscher-aus-dann-schlaegt-er-kellnerin-ins-gesicht_id_259851912.html

Standards of Conduct

3. English is the only permitted language anywhere on ASEAN NOW, except within the Thai language forum, where using Thai is allowed. Short Thai translations of technical terms are permitted in specialty forums. While we make allowances for members who do not speak English as their first language, we expect everyone to make an effort to post in a manner that allows others to understand their posts. As an international forum we have members from many countries in the world, and English is not the first language of every poster.

https://aseannow.com/forum_rules/

The six day old topic is running in Pattaya news forum HERE

//Closed//